I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Talk2Luke
Just Passing Through

Post by Talk2Luke »

If you know what happens in it then there's no point really, it's an okay game but it's nowhere near the best in the series, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 4, Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 1 (my order from best to worst).
[url]http://www.traxor-designs.com/[/url]
Jeklinhyd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jeklinhyd »

Talk2Luke wrote:If you know what happens in it then there's no point really, it's an okay game but it's nowhere near the best in the series, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 4, Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 1 (my order from best to worst).
I disagree. To me the game is nearly the best. Silent jill 2 is only slightly better.
My order from best to worst would be: Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 1, Silent Hill 3, and Silent Hill 4.
"Never accept advice from a man wearing white pants," Michael J. Nelson
TheSeaweedKing
Just Passing Through

Post by TheSeaweedKing »

Allen wrote:Hey, SH1 has better voice acting than Resident Evil 1 on playstation. Hope that encouraged u to play it a bit more.
Voice acting recorded on the toilet would be better voice acting than the original Resident Evil. "Don't open that door!"

It's a great experience, though. Silent Hill that is. Not recording vocals from the toilet.
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Re: I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Post by DarkReign27 »

Beau~Barbare wrote:Is that bad? I've played all of the other games, but since I already know what happens in SH1, I'm just not all that excited about playing a slightly off graphics game that I know the ending of.

Why should I play SH1? What did you like about that game that would cause you to recommend it to me?
(Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I didnt see anything thread like this one, so I assume its ok to post. >.> )

NOOOOOO! Make sure ya play it, it was a masterpiece I've never seen such art in a PS1 game or get an emulator and tune the graphics it isn't a game someone should not play due to oldness such awesome music, storyline endings etc. the thing is damn nice!

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27
SilentHillgod
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentHillgod »

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME'S SO AWESOME I STILL GET SCARED PLAYING IT AFTER I'VE PLAYED IT 4 OR 5 TIMES, ALTHOUGH MAYBE IT'S JUST ME?!?! :? :twisted: :?
"Nothing can stop the power of life-not even death"
[ m a r i a ]
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by [ m a r i a ] »

I strongly recommend that you play it, even if you do already know the ending. I, personally, think that it's the best SH game, after only the second. Even if you know how it ends, it's not about knowing, it's about experiencing. SH1, poor graphics or not, has some great music, monsters (the best nurses out of the lot, in my opinion), puzzles, environment, etc. I'm not shallow - to me, that is worth having to play through poor graphics. Also, it helps to understand - and appreciate - SH3 if you've played SH1.

Seriously, this is the game that started it all. I just don't understand how any person who calls himself a Silent Hill fan could even CONSIDER not playing the original.
[img]http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v494/xmyheartlove/maria15.jpg[/img]
you know she moves like sin.
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

SilentHillgod, you might want to have you keyboard checked, it seems as though you caps lock and "O" key are both stuck.

I've removed the excessive"O"s from your post.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
The Visionist
Just Passing Through

Post by The Visionist »

Just PLAY the Mother! The old school graphics only add to the horror...

I absolutely know EVERYTHING about the Second one. Even though i've never played it!

I totally spoiled everything for myself- But I still anxiously await the PS3, so I can PLAY IT and see what all the fuss is about...

Seriously though, how many SH fans are so obsessed that they buy the SH collection (From HARRODS no less! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) before they even have a PS2 or PS3?

That would be me... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back. -Proximo, Gladiator
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

some games are really getting older you can't help it. In the era of Crysis and forthcomin DX10 games it will only get worse, so you really have to be a stubborn FAN if you want to play oldschool classics. I told my 14 year old cousin how fooking awesome SH1 and FF7 games were, he got hot on em and after 1st contact he said no thx, boon :D
Deith
Just Passing Through

Post by Deith »

I'd say that the first SH is one of the best, only topped by two. Two had some of the creepy atmosphere of the first one, but had a much better story, and one had the scariest atmosphere, but didn't have good voice acting so the story sorta sounded somewhat like a joke at first. I'd play the first one just to get scared over and over.
'"No!!!!!!!!!!!!" Heero was mad at all the penguins die.'
Lusren
Just Passing Through

Post by Lusren »

Just play it. It's worth the money.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Whoever says Silent Hill 1 is NOT interesting or cool must be shot.
(I really mean it)
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
axel-cd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by axel-cd »

scariest sounds, scariest music, scariest atmosphere, scariest SH! no great graphics but you´ll have a lot of fun!!!
Silent Hill fan from Venezuela!
heathergirl
Just Passing Through

Post by heathergirl »

It has the best atmosphere and the best music! yes. It's still my favorite Silent Hill game out of the series. If you don't play the first game It would be like looking at a black and white photo of a city without actually going there.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

I also want to play and own it, but I've looked everywhere and I don't want to spend 50 pounds on it. I'm ordering from the UK amamzon because the USA amazon doesn't deliver to the Netherlands. :?
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Talk2Luke wrote:If you know what happens in it then there's no point really, it's an okay game but it's nowhere near the best in the series, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 4, Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 1 (my order from best to worst).
You are a pain in the ass, Talk2Luke.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Silent Hill 1 is one of, if not THE, best in the series. Only SH2 gives it a run for it's money. The graphics are the best on the Playstation, the gameplay is the best of the SH series, the music, puzzles, characters, scary events, all great. There are whole characters and sub plots and events you know nothing about from 3. Cybil, Lisa, the doctor... none of them are mentioned in the future games. Hell, as far as I can remember not even Dhalia is mentioned in the future games. There's a whole lot to be had still in SH1 even if you've played the sequels. All you really know is that Harry was in a scary event in SH once and Heather was the cental point of it, really.
It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone’s
nightmarish delusions come to life.
-Harry Mason
batmanhill6157
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by batmanhill6157 »

if anything, play it just to see where it all started
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1130/lbpbatsigxl6.png[/img][/url]
PSN ID: batmanhill6157
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

It's the one that started it all. The graphics are craptacular by modern standards but the story is good.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Alessyl: Please note how far back these topics were made in regards to your reply. This is about six months old, and well.. That's been established. The last thing I'm trying to do is tell you not to post. On the contrary. I'm only suggesting you be more mindful when you post.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.