Silent Hill: Mod

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

sh_cityzen
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by sh_cityzen »

its a porting problem in case of model. Models for first must be less-polygonized. Literally, phead will look like paper bag. :D + the animation must be remade. This is in theory. Once I get wheels running I will investigate this futher.
[img]http://www.hot.ee/leonepsx/shc2.jpg[/img]
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

i liked what games like Fighting Force and Resident Evil: out break tryed and make everything in the area a weapon, why not try that in Silent Hill? can you imagen Harry kicking the crap out of one of those bird things with a bin? or the reciver of a phone?

i can. and i like very much.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

sh_cityzen wrote:its a porting problem in case of model. Models for first must be less-polygonized. Literally, phead will look like paper bag. :D + the animation must be remade. This is in theory. Once I get wheels running I will investigate this futher.
Thanks, I get it. That sounds like it will require some effort, but it'll be cool.
RIP Silent Hills
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

These Mods sound awesome.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Any updates for us, sh_cityzen? I cannot wait to see some of your hard work!
RIP Silent Hills
sh_cityzen
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by sh_cityzen »

i am currently messing aroung with sh cd. I need to find a way how to see inside the SILENT and HILL file. so far i am using just special filetype recognize mecanisms. If someone could help me with this!!!!

Hope to get some screens soon!

I almost figured out the basics of level editor. Or atleast what to change in order to load CUSTOM room. :)
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

sh_cityzen wrote:i am currently messing aroung with sh cd. I need to find a way how to see inside the SILENT and HILL file. so far i am using just special filetype recognize mecanisms. If someone could help me with this!!!!

Hope to get some screens soon!

I almost figured out the basics of level editor. Or atleast what to change in order to load CUSTOM room. :)
Cool, thanks. I wish I had knowledge on this, sorry!
RIP Silent Hills
Tom133t
Just Passing Through

Post by Tom133t »

sh_cityzen wrote: If someone could help me with this!!!!
Tell me what needs to be done.
[img]http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6193/sh133t0ma.png[/img]
sh_cityzen
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by sh_cityzen »

i'd like to see what files (with filenames and stuff like that) are in SILENT and in HILL file. They are somekind of PAK files... but what packer?.... i am writing somekind of soft to extract all files but so far unsucess....
Tom133t
Just Passing Through

Post by Tom133t »

Hmmmm....
If I were you, I would figure out what kind of encoding SH1 uses, and find a paralell cracked ps1 game that uses the same encoding.
[img]http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6193/sh133t0ma.png[/img]
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

some PAK files can be browsed with excellent prog called Total Commander, like Doom3 pak files or Quake3 or many others. You might give it a try but chances are small
sh_cityzen
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by sh_cityzen »

KRYSTA-GG- wrote:some PAK files can be browsed with excellent prog called Total Commander, like Doom3 pak files or Quake3 or many others. You might give it a try but chances are small

already tried that. i tried about 100 different packing systems... no success.... but i am getting close with my own program.... it is just so time consuming....
Lusren
Just Passing Through

Post by Lusren »

SH_ cityzen: I admire your bravery and courage on taking such task. I mean, it takes loads of time and dedication. I want to post some ideas, like:

-New Endings
-New Areas & Characters
- And I have an Idea for the plot. As Harry walks into Silent Hill, he sees a corpse in the floor. And next to it, a note that reads: ''Help, the monsters are here, but you cant see them. Enter worlds with this'' Harry finds the item called ''Dream-Catcher'', which allows him to enter a persons mind and find more clues about Cheryl's whereabouts. This concludes in entering Dahlia's mind.
- Perhaps you should add Harry's wife.

Good luck with the project!
Douglas_Cartland
Just Passing Through

Post by Douglas_Cartland »

Mods for silent hill sounds awesome.

Ideas for the mods:

New campaigns as different Characters such as Cybil Bennett like everybody else.
New weapons and modification to the old ones in silent hill.

and I like the free camera idea but how will you be able to control it.you could make the mouse a camera but that would not work with epsxe will it.
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

you guys are asking way too much from a single pair of hands :D that would take year or more
sh_cityzen
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by sh_cityzen »

thank you for wonderful ideas! i note them down!

It is indeed hard work, but since I am so huge fan into Playstation, I have learned a lot assembly language of it and stuff like that. I do have lot of other things to take care like my job and other things... but still.... during night time I lurk in psx memory and cracking stuff.... you should really see me doing it...
Lusren
Just Passing Through

Post by Lusren »

Guys:

My plot sucked, so I decided to make a new one, but with different characters. Here it goes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allison Monaghan is a 34 year old woman who is hospitalized at a detox center. Her drug addiction almost killed her, so she signed up for detox. She's been 10 years fighting, but with no results. Therefore, she decides to take her life away by unplugging the tubes that keep her alive. She then realizes her past demons had won the everlasting battle against her, but it's too late. Allison then falls into deep coma, and doesn't have many chances to survive. Instead of dying, she has a dream, where she sees her boyfirend, Michael Adams, in the mysterious town of Silent Hill. When she wakes up, Allison realizes that the center has been abandoned, and her coma is gone, as well as her addiction. Now that's she is free, she decides to go to Silent Hill, where danger and mystery lurk.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters:

Name: Allison Monaghan
Bio: In a struggle against drugs, Allison decides to sign up at the nearest center to recover from her wounds as well as the drug addiction. When she committs suicide, she has a weird dream involving her boyfriend, Michael Adams. She then wakes up to discover that she's alone and healthy, so she decides to go to Silent Hill...
Name: Michael Adams
Bio: Allison's boyfriend, Michael is the quest that his lady wants to fulfill. When Allison finds him, Adams reveals information that Allison can't possiby believe.
Name: Dr. O ' Donovan
Bio: This old retired doctor finds the hero of the story at the Cunningham Hospital. This man seems to have great information that might be of help to Allison, but the guy simply gives the address of an old church. Could there be something else?
Name: Marian Liggs
Bio: Marian meets Allison in her church, and gives vital information towards the search of Michael. However, this woman has something else planned...
Name: Jane Funche
Bio: Jane was Allison's nurse, but both patient and nurse find each other towards the end. Again, Jane wants Allison to know everything about her past, but soon Marian comes in and messes everything up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Levels:
Detox Center
Streets Of Silent Hill
Mike's Restaraunt
Alternate Restaurant
Streets Of Silent Hill
Aquatic Park
Alternate Park
Cunningham Hospital
Alternate Hospital
Church
Alternate Church
Pier
Alternate Pier
Detox Center (Revisited)
Alternate Center
The End
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENEMIES & BOSSES: ALL OF SH1
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- THE END -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

So what do you think? You can include the other ideas.
Douglas_Cartland
Just Passing Through

Post by Douglas_Cartland »

Lusren wrote:Guys:

My plot sucked, so I decided to make a new one, but with different characters. Here it goes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allison Monaghan is a 34 year old woman who is hospitalized at a detox center. Her drug addiction almost killed her, so she signed up for detox. She's been 10 years fighting, but with no results. Therefore, she decides to take her life away by unplugging the tubes that keep her alive. She then realizes her past demons had won the everlasting battle against her, but it's too late. Allison then falls into deep coma, and doesn't have many chances to survive. Instead of dying, she has a dream, where she sees her boyfirend, Michael Adams, in the mysterious town of Silent Hill. When she wakes up, Allison realizes that the center has been abandoned, and her coma is gone, as well as her addiction. Now that's she is free, she decides to go to Silent Hill, where danger and mystery lurk.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow thats not too bad of a story but since Allison just wakes with no coma and the center has been abandoned.Its kind of sounds like she died to me.What do you plan to make the ending?
Lusren
Just Passing Through

Post by Lusren »

I will later include the endings. So far I have no idea about them. But i'll post them. That's for sure.
sh_cityzen
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by sh_cityzen »

wow...... :D i got life work now...