Dr. Kauffman isn't as bad as we think...

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Dr. Kauffman isn't as bad as we think...

Post by Icarus »

I found a fan made Dr. Kauffman MySpace, and in the about me thing, the guy wrote a thing about Dr. Kauffman's role in Silent Hill, but it's in first person. But I gives us another look at him and maybe he's not as bad as we thought.

Well here it is for you guys to read:

"My name is Dr. Michael Kauffman, I am or was the chief director of a hospital called Alchemilla Hospital, located in the quiet sleepy town of Silent Hill. My duties include or included: Keeping an eye on the staff, recording hospitalization records, overseeing operations, and made sure patients had a worthy comfortable stay. I was also involved with drug trafficing with a very promising customer Lisa Garland. Little did I know this would come back to bite me big time.

Life seemed fit to its fullest until I met this woman Dahila Gillespie. She was rather unusual by the way she taught the word of God and how her "Group" acted upon it. I didn't pay any attention to her garbage and thus caused me to change to a different church. Dahila had a little 7 year old girl, by the name of Alessa. I heard she had unusual but extrodinary talents of not only to read people but draw very well for her age. I also, heard the kids would tease her and call her a witch at school because her father was unknown and her special abilities casted her an outsider.

I will never forget the night everything started to fall apart from that town the night I like to call, "The Cries." I was sitting in my office reading up on Voodoo Medicines; the book talked about White Claudia and Aglophoticious,in Arabia they would use this red powered liquid to repel evil spirits... suddently a call arrives from my desk phone, "Mr. Kaufmann we have a 10-41 I repeat a 10-41!" It only got worse as this little burnt body came rolling in the front doors and the sounds of a child choking and screaming. When you see as many bodies as I do; a child's is the most heartbreaking to bare. When I asked Lisa my personal nurse, who this child was she said nervously, "Alessa Gillespie."

I immediatly froze, yet burned inside with anger that something like this could only be the works of that wreched witch. Dazzing out of my anger we admissioned the patient to the ICU where Lisa never seemed to leave the child's side. I said to one of my chief doctors, "Take extra care of this one, I have business elsewhere." Driving to the Balkan Church I could hear the sounds of sirens in the distance and the sight of a huge fire burning where a hotel used to be. I got outta my car and there at the entrance stood Dahila.Before I could let out my rage she said, "Before you try and exploit me child, think of this that your acts of secrets do not go unwatched by the community of the Lord himself." "What are you talking about!!?" I shouted. "O that your little business to earn extra helpings has been founded." I immediatly knew what she meant. She had me by the throat, I couldn't even think my mind was blured with justice of what would happen to me. "This is what you are ought to do, you are to keep my daughter under close surrvehlliance and a word of this does not get out." She left me there cold and motionless like a child wanting love but would never recieve it.

We kept Alessa shut in the lower holds of the hospital for months on end. Dahlia kept on performing her rituals to try and summon the Ancient God from Alessa. My senses tinkled with every toung she spoke through. The Press was growing restless about the child, and so was I. I was just about to call off the deal with Dahlia when a sleeping nausia came over me. When I owoke; the town was covered in fog, ash, silence, and monsters. Luckily I keep a magnum in my coat. I met a man by the name of Harry Mason who was in search for his daughter. At first I thought he was just like a victim such as me, but unfortunatly his daughter was the key to Dahila's plan. I went desperatly around town dodging darkness and monsters searching for something to try and stop this madness when I realised, my secret stash. My stash in drug terms, was in an old run down motel building and it just so happen that a sample of "White Claudia" was becoming a popular demand. Feeling desperate, my gut told me this could repel or even stop the demon that's causing this crazyness. When I arrived at the motel, who of all people to be playing detective at a time like this, would be Harry standing there with my precious profit. I snatched it away from him and took off.

At the "Birth Ceremony" I caught Dahila off guard and put a bullet in her shoulder I thought the witch deserved better. Just as she was standing up I threw the drug at Alessa not knowing the effects.... I was knocked out for gosh seemed like hours... When I owoke I noticed Harry and a woman escaping with him; I desperatly tried to escape with them, but someone or something pulled me back into the dark abyss as fire was falling from the sky.

I am now trapped into an eternal quagmire for the sins I have commited. It is always dark here and lonely forgive me Lord... Never make a deal with someone even when it could cost your life's work you never know when the devil is playing his cards... when the joker is you."

Any thoughts?
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's just fanfiction, honestly.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Watchdog

Re: Dr. Kauffman isn't as bad as we think...

Post by Watchdog »

Spartan 117 wrote:I found a fan made Dr. Kauffman MySpace
Sad. There's nothing more pathetic than people making those things, apart from other people who make them and then add the other ones as friends.

This isn't even good fanfiction (like there is such a thing). For example, why would Dahlia refer to Kaufmann as "child" if he's four years older than she is to start with? If I ever write or produce something that becomes popular, I'm going to pay Myspace to moderate and delete any fan-made character profiles that may crop up.
Gwenfloor
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Gwenfloor »

Regardless of his intentions (which were not good in the game), he is responsible for the victims of the drugs and the people of Silent Hill. Thus, he is as bad as we think he is. He knew what the drug did, and he knew he was involved with the wrong side of the law.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but it sure as h*ll makes it even!

Silent Hill RPG: www.silenthill123.proboards50.com
Andros
Just Passing Through

Post by Andros »

It also doesn't seem to show that Kaufmann has an extremely short temper, I think.
Pain strikes like lightning.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Almost makes you feel sorry for the guy.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
B5160-R

Post by B5160-R »

AuraTwilight wrote:It's just fanfiction, honestly.
'Nuff said.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

Looks to me like someone has too much time on thier hands.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: Dr. Kauffman isn't as bad as we think...

Post by Krysta »

Watchdog wrote:
Spartan 117 wrote:I found a fan made Dr. Kauffman MySpace
Sad. There's nothing more pathetic than people making those things, apart from other people who make them and then add the other ones as friends.
let him do what he likes I don't see nothing bad in it.We all saw the movie and played the game so we know whats the truth with Kaufmann. Seems like he mixed best parts from movie&game and brung "new Kaufmann" to life :D
jester
Just Passing Through

Post by jester »

some people have a large imagination.
i don't know if controlling or brainwashing innocent people for your own good and for money and power is a good quility to a person. and the fact he murdered Lisa, someone who went against his thoughts, i don't think that makes any one a hero
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/a7xjester/punishmentbannercopy.jpg[/img]
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

jester wrote:some people have a large imagination.
i don't know if controlling or brainwashing innocent people for your own good and for money and power is a good quility to a person. and the fact he murdered Lisa, someone who went against his thoughts, i don't think that makes any one a hero

Yes, but he didn't murder Lisa.
Gwenfloor
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Gwenfloor »

He may not have murdered Lisa, but that doesn't give him any excuse for his actions.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but it sure as h*ll makes it even!

Silent Hill RPG: www.silenthill123.proboards50.com
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

We don't know if he murdered Lisa himself, but it's strongly implied that he was responsible.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

alone in the town wrote:We don't know if he murdered Lisa himself, but it's strongly implied that he was responsible.
I just always thought that he got her hooked on White Claudia, and that she overdosed.
Follower
Just Passing Through

Post by Follower »

He didn't directly murder Lisa but he was the cause of her death, as you stated.
http://shiyounonai.blogspot.com/
.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

alone in the town wrote:We don't know if he murdered Lisa himself, but it's strongly implied that he was responsible.
That means that Kaufman (by the definition of the law) would be as responsible for the death as if he did it himself anyway. Besides, it's highly likely that he did it. He was a pretty low peg in the Order, if I remember. And low pegs do the dirty work. Of course, this is logical asumption from what I know, so I realize this might be wrong.

Anyway...That is pretty much Fan-Fiction unless it was written by Team Silent, and even then it is subject to scrutiny.

Regardless if he killed Lisa, Kaufman was a drug-pushing asshole who kept a young girl imprisoned in the basement of his hospital and only insisted on 'helping' Harry when it would save his own skin.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore
cedar grove
Just Passing Through

Post by cedar grove »

I think he is a jerk, murered lisa and lied to the police about alessa being dead.
what does no man want, but dosent want to lose either?
a lawsuit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

We witness Lisa's death in Silent Hill, and M.K. had nothing to do w/ it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

No Kauffman is bad.

He seduced a sixteen-year-old girl, and got her hooked on drugs, using her as a guinea-pig and a sex toy. Then, when she was a broke down addict, he made her take care of Alessa, damaging her psyche further.

He created a highly addictive drug which must have ruined many lives, for his own financial gain.

He supported Dahlia because she killed his opponents, in exchange, he lied first to the social workers, saying Alessa wasn’t abused, then to the public, saying Alessa was dead.

Unlike Dahlia, who at least had pretense about paradise and spiritual, Kauffman purely wanted power and financial gain.

Not to mention that he’s an anal control freak who looses his temper violently when ever things get slightly out of hand.

He may have a good side, since he did let Lisa go when she asked to quit, but even that is questionable, since she’s an addict, and he could have easily had let her go, knowing she would be back.

So yeah, he is an asshole. Not as bad as Dahlia who used and corrupted children, but pretty damn close.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

a) Lisa was taking care of Alessa before she was "a broke down addict."

b) M.K. did not create PTV. He sold it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.