How old were you when you played the first silent hill?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

I wasn't talking about you. I'll but an empty line between that text.
Chuckles
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chuckles »

You youngsters. Why deflower yourselves at such a blossoming age?
Are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it?

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2219/noname7mx.png[/img]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ Oh come on. You're only two years older than me :P
Chuckles
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chuckles »

mmm...
Are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it?

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2219/noname7mx.png[/img]
LittleBambi
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleBambi »

simeonalo wrote:I wasn't talking about you. I'll but an empty line between that text.
*Sigh*

*facepalm*
[img]http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1086/sh2angela.jpg[/img]
[i]You see it too? For me, it's always like this.[/i]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

*Sigh*

Back on topic. My little sister played the game when she was 5 years old, and she thought it was completely stupid and didn't even scream. Now, she can't stand the game because of its "Scariness".
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

That's odd.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
SycoX17
Just Passing Through

Post by SycoX17 »

i was 13 or 14 i think. i had seen my cousin play part of the apartment in silent hill 2 and it scared the S* out of me some years prior. a friend of mine was really big into horror movies and games, so he had the original Silent Hill, and he just let me have it. He said, "I don't play it anymore, so just keep it." Scariest experience ever. I played it by myself, alone at night with all the lights out. my house it 30 years old and creeks like a mutha. plus, at the time my neighborhood had a stray cat problem, so there was intermittent cat fights outside which scared me stupid. to this day, i still think Silent Hill one scared me the most, even though I had nightmares about Pyramid Head after playing the labyrinth section in 2. plus, besides Homecoming, its the only other Silent Hill i played by myself. 2-4 i played at a friends while he and his brother watched. it was still scary as hell, but it woulda been way worse alone.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I just bought Calling for my Wii, and I have to say that it's definitely scary, though the ghost encounters suck ass.
SycoX17
Just Passing Through

Post by SycoX17 »

simeonalo wrote:I just bought Calling for my Wii, and I have to say that it's definitely scary, though the ghost encounters suck ass.
they suck in what way? suck as in its hard and a challenge, or suck as in its annoying and makes the game not fun?

i just bought this game called Fragile Dreams for the Wii, its not a horror game, though it does have some survival horror elements (my friend calls it an adventure game with a ghost-ish theme). its a great game, but not scary at all. anyway, when i went to buy it, i saw Calling and thought, "Maybe i'll get this next. or Bioshock 2" :p
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Annoying, repetitive, and cheap. Other than that, it definitely is a scary game. The second scenario is definitely scarier than the first scenario.
SycoX17
Just Passing Through

Post by SycoX17 »

simeonalo wrote:Annoying, repetitive, and cheap. Other than that, it definitely is a scary game. The second scenario is definitely scarier than the first scenario.
wel, that sucks, but as long as its scary, perhaps i will get it.

more to the topic, while i played through SH1 when i was about 14, i wasn't able to bring myself to replay it until i was 16 or 17, because it scared me so much the first time, especially the hospital. i dunno what it is, but Alchemilla Hospital is still the scariest s* i've ever endured in a Silent Hill game. (the scariest ever for me would have to be the rope hallway in Fatal Frame. only game i was never able to play. too scary for me. ^__^)
silenthill23
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthill23 »

I was 6. I rented it at blockbuster when it came out. All I remember from then was going through the streets and the house with the doghouse. I got really mad because I couldn't find a way to get to the school. The next thing I remember is getting scared at the Grey Children. For some reason I keep thinking it was when I first went in the School but IDK. That was the last day until I had to give it back to Blockbuster.
Recently I bought it off Amazon.com and played it until the Lisa scene in Nowhere. It shows the non-CGI scene (at least I suspect it's a cgi scene lol) then when it is supposed to show the cgi scene it turns completely black and just plays the music for the scene over and over. It renders the game useless. I can't skip it and play so im stuck :| :? :x :evil: :( :cry:

I know this isn't part of this thread but if anyone know how to clean it I will be VERY thankful. I have already use peanut butter (probably not the best choice) and it did not work lol.
"If I could b anything, I'd b the water in your bath darling." - Prince
Mr. Domino
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr. Domino »

I was 19. Funnily enough, I still am.
I'm not a self-righteous, egotistical, arrogant bastard - but I play one on the internet!
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Is there a game place you can take the disc to? I wouldn't be screwing around with the disc unless you know what you're doing. Replacements are expensive and hard to get ahold of.
Mr. Domino
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr. Domino »

My suggestion would be emulation. Normally I don't ever suggest it, but since you do own the original disc...
I'm not a self-righteous, egotistical, arrogant bastard - but I play one on the internet!
Ash1ey
Just Passing Through

Post by Ash1ey »

I was 15 when I first played Silent Hill 1, and it scared me pretty badly. Especially the hospital. Its the only Silent Hill that still scares me even after replaying it so many times :lol:
silenthill23
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthill23 »

Goodnight wrote:Is there a game place you can take the disc to? I wouldn't be screwing around with the disc unless you know what you're doing. Replacements are expensive and hard to get ahold of.
I went to a few places and they said that they only clean their own games and wouldn't accept any amount of money. I probably just ruined it as I just tried cleaning it with toothpaste ( I read somewhere that it works), and it didn't work at all. I might have to try and get another copy.

About the emulation things (emulators?)... what are they? I keep hearing about them but I have no idea what they are or how to get them. Thanks. :D
RuneDragonfire
Just Passing Through

Post by RuneDragonfire »

When it first came out -- I was around thirteen years old at the time. I remember insisting that I play it at night in the dark...then chickening out and turning the lights on. It scared the pants off of me. I remember jumping and cussing at the tv any time a nurse or gray child snuck up on me. It gave me nightmares for weeks...but I loved it for some reason, so I kept coming back for more.
[img]http://a.imagehost.org/0443/1_113.jpg[/img]
silenthill23
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthill23 »

RuneDragonfire wrote:When it first came out -- I was around thirteen years old at the time. I remember insisting that I play it at night in the dark...then chickening out and turning the lights on. It scared the pants off of me. I remember jumping and cussing at the tv any time a nurse or gray child snuck up on me. It gave me nightmares for weeks...but I loved it for some reason, so I kept coming back for more.
Hey, what part made you want to turn the lights on?