How old were you when you played the first silent hill?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

EndlessDark
Just Passing Through

Re: How old were you when you played the first silent hill?

Post by EndlessDark »

I was 20 when I bought the third game. Spent much of it saying "Oookay? WTF?" But I loved the style of it so I searched until I got 1 and 2.
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Post by jeremyjh »

I was 13 when I bought Silent Hill 4 it scared me to much I cheated on it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
EmilietheStrange
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EmilietheStrange »

The first SH game I ever played was Homecoming in 2008, it's the game that really got me interested in the series. The original was the last game I played, because it was the last one I acquired. I didn't play it until January of this year, but I loved it. In fact, typing this is making me want to play it again.
CeetjeBeetje
Just Passing Through

Post by CeetjeBeetje »

Homecoming was the first I played (my first encounter with the Silent Hill universe was the film oddly enough). I bought it a few weeks after it got released.
Shortly after finishing Homecoming I bought SH1 and got hooked on the series. I guess I was 23 or 24 years old back then. I took a very long break from SH during SH3 though. I got stuck somewhere. It took me 2 years or so to get back in to it and beat SH3 (which was a few weeks ago).
'Ahh!'
'Shouldn't you be at work?'
'Yes sir, Mr. Burns.'
'Well then. Go back to work, wherever it is you work, whoever you are.'
Yokraz-on-dA
Just Passing Through

Post by Yokraz-on-dA »

I was 12. I was scared to death, and I tried to avoid playing alone.
This Game ROCKS MY SOCKS.
Arthemesic
Historical Society Historian

Post by Arthemesic »

I was 7 years old when we bought Metal Gear Solid w/ the Silent Hill demo included.
Needless to say it seriously scared the shit out of me. I think I was around ten, eleven years old when I got to finish the game for the first time.

Now I wish I could be as easily disturbed as back then;
the feeling of horror was simply overwhelming, even naive, romanticised into genuine fear on my part. And even so it kept calling for me, as if some masochistic desire to go mental beckoned from within myself.
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
Sajun
Just Passing Through

Post by Sajun »

I was 21 when I first played Silent Hill 3 (my first entry into the series) but I feel like 15 when I play scary games or watch scary movies, so yeah.
Larrybisam
Just Passing Through

Post by Larrybisam »

I was fourteen years old when I played the game. Before that I had only tried this game, with my mum & aunt.
But when I played this alone, lights out in the middle of the night... It was something very scary and I believe I will always remember my first SH game experience!
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Post by Talolili »

I was 18. I just finished it a few weeks ago. SH is one difficult game!
Took me forever to finish it.
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend
Sajun
Just Passing Through

Post by Sajun »

3 was my first entry into the series and I got it when I was 21 I think. Late start but had a ton of fun playing it at the beach with a few friends. We were all screaming at various points in the game.

Strangely enough I then bought 2, played it, loved it, and just now got 1 a few months back. I've been playing it off and on when I have free time and love it so much, though at the moment I'm stuck on Cybil, should've conserved more ammo for her, since I didn't know about the vial thing to save her. =(

I sometimes think about which game of the 3 I like most. I have 4, Origins, and now Downpour as well but it's obvious that while the newer games have both good and bad points, and sometimes the new things they do are nice, they still do not hold a candle to the original trilogy. Can't decide which of the original 3 I like most, but then I remembered that I don't have to. =) I can love them all equally.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

i feel like iv posted here already..I dont remember.
but I was 11 seeing SH1. gave me, well I couldnt sleep. so no nightmares. lol
when I was 13 or 14 I tried SH3 to test mysdelf after years. so i rented it, played it, shit my pants. rented it again a week later and beat it. rented it 5 more times till I got SH2. (traded DBZ for it. ha!) and since then, Iv bought every single game.
hell, went from being scared to having SH1 physical and PSN, all the PS2 games except Origins(got it for PSP) SM for WII and PSP, HC and now downpour and HDC. its funny what happens to things that scare you as a child. :) other games should leave the impression SH1 did for many. >:)
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
asphodel13
Just Passing Through

Post by asphodel13 »

I think i was 21. I bought it at a garage sale just a year or so ago. I didn't know too much about it, but i knew that it would be a game i would probably enjoy playing. I fell in love. True, i was too old to be too scared by it, but the psychological aspects, the occult references, the genuinely unique and surprizing content of the game really won me over. I especially liked how gutsy i imajined this was at the time it came out. I wasn't expecting some of the things i saw.The graffic imagery really surprized me. I really enjoy how they kill Harry at the beginning. That really surprized me too. I love how deeply emotional it is. the psychology of it. Its...just...wow.
Harlequin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Harlequin »

It was about three years ago so I was 17. I had just seen the movie and immediately I got on my computer and looked up information on the games. I managed to find a copy of the game and played it and loved it. It was so unlike the other games I'd played.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ so the movie did work for the games. lol awsome. :)
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Harlequin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Harlequin »

Sure did. :) It seems like a lot of people got interested in the games after seeing the movie, so it was a good thing for the franchise.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

I played the first SH back in 1999, a couple days after it was released, when i was 8 or 9 and completely hooked on Resident Evil. Scared the holy hell out of me. Since then, I've been vigilant enough to play each main entry of the series on it's release day. I remember I had an X-BOX and I had to sell it to buy a PS2 so I could play SH3. I was pretty pissed about that, especially since SH4 ended up coming out on both platforms. Fun times at Game Crazy....
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

My first exposure to the Silent Hill world was actually the Silent Hill movie, when I was 13. That movie scared the ever loving fuck out of me, and I couldn't turn away (except when Pyramid Head ripped off Anna's skin and threw it at the church; I couldn't watch that part.)

About a year later, I was at my cousin's house, poking around in a box in the cabinet under the TV which was full of games, and one that I found was "Silent Hill" for the PS1. I popped it in, and I was hooked. Also horrified and disturbed, but mostly hooked. A few months later, after beating 1 a couple times, I bought SH2 at gamestop. By then, there was no backing out. Not too long after that, maybe a year, I got SH3. That soundtrack blew my fucking mind. SH4 I got in october '10, when I asked my aunt to buy it for me at the flea market. For six bucks! I picked up my own copy of SH1 at a rare games store after graduation. Since then, I've owned SHSM and played Homecoming and Origins at my friends house, and I'm so happy to have found this franchise. :3
Oniros
Just Passing Through

Post by Oniros »

22, just beat it right now.
I played it at a friends house around 2000/2001. Knew most of the endings and some puzzles. Still, owed it to myself to beat it first hand. I was not disappointed.
pyramidfred633
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidfred633 »

I was 14 and was hooked straight away i was a big.horror film fan but never found anything to scare me like silent hill
Just because im paranoid doesnt mean people arent trying to kill me
Murphy Pendleton
Just Passing Through

Post by Murphy Pendleton »

Well I think that I was under 13 or 14 years old, so like all of us for sure it was a quite shocking terrify escene to watch Harry hanged up, then it's was it coverting in a more normal form to can play it without have a scary crazy jump watching any escene.
I've enter in this town with the hope to have a chance to get away from my past, but... this town could change me, change my life?