Which ending do you prefer?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

The End

Good+
39%
Good
33%
Bad+
6%
Bad
15%
UFO
7%
Shutting the Game off before I finish it.
No votes

Total votes: 82

IceDhole
Just Passing Through

Which ending do you prefer?

Post by IceDhole »

Unless you like variety, you will probably prefer one ending over the rest. Most will prefer Good+ because it's the best ending, a lot will prefer Good because it's the "Canon" ending, some might prefer UFO for the silliness of it, or a few might even prefer Bad because.....some people just like having bad endings. Vote for your favorite ending and discuss the endings if you feel like it.

I personally perfer Bad+, for some reason.
Second Place IMO: Good+
Third IMO: UFO
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Good+: When Harry, Cybil, and an Infant Heather/Cheryl/Alessa escape the Boss Area through the portal and ultimately leave Silent Hill.

Good: Same as above, but Cybil isn't alive to escape with Harry.

Bad+: After "Cheryl" dies and says farewell to Harry, Harry falls to his knees in grief. Cybil walks over to him, slaps him out of his grief, and declares: "Go."

Bad: Same as above, but with no Cybil to slap Harry out of his grief. It also cuts to a deceased Harry in his crashed car.

UFO: Harry uses the Channeling Stone for a fifth time on top of the Lighthouse and is abducted by Aliens.
Last edited by IceDhole on 18 Apr 2011, edited 3 times in total.
PyrmidHeadPwner
Just Passing Through

Post by PyrmidHeadPwner »

I like Good the best, because
killing Cybil
was a real turning point in the game, and
saving Kaufman
was great too.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Don't need the spoiler tags, yos.

My favorite ending is the one which happened.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Good+ :)
LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

The Bad ending... why you ask? Because that would explain why Harry saw monsters, the otherworld, etc. It's also the closest to the ending of the movie Jacobs Ladder as well.
*Insert Legendary signature here*
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

I prefer Good because if we don't, Alone In The Town will make us like it.
He has the power.
[quote="Catch22"]Wait, wasn't the guy in the trailer wearing a shirt? You know who else wore a shirt? Hitler.

Hitler confirmed as SH6 protagonist.[/quote]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I like the bad ending.
To me, it looked like everything that happened with Harry was a dream. He crashed his car, got a "beauty sleep" and dreamed the whole journey.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

bad+ has this open-endedness, you don't really know what happens after it, and thats why i liked it, and especially because you saved Cybil :P
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
IceDhole
Just Passing Through

Post by IceDhole »

Mephisto wrote:I like the bad ending.
To me, it looked like everything that happened with Harry was a dream. He crashed his car, got a "beauty sleep" and dreamed the whole journey.
I don't really think it's possible that it is a dream, considering the length.
alone in the town

The funny thing about dreams is how remarkably subjective time is within them.

I've had dreams that appeared to last for days, weeks, months . . .
PyrmidHeadPwner
Just Passing Through

Post by PyrmidHeadPwner »

One of my dreams lasted the whole 'Nam era. When I woke up, I had a nasty unibrow.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

For me, it's Good. I like the other endings of course, but Good always seemed to be the best ending for this game. Good+ was too neat of an ending in my opinion, seemed to perfect to me. And then with Bad and Bad+, the story doesn't really continue.
ladhzarus
Just Passing Through

Post by ladhzarus »

I prefer Bad+. And I am not saying its a failure. But if i am harry i wouldnt save kauffman, just becuase he treated me a monster :oops:
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs095.ash2/38071_139091172791013_100000703939170_230575_4536719_n.jpg[/img]
IceDhole
Just Passing Through

Post by IceDhole »

I think that it's more possible that Harry would accidentaly save Cybil with the Red Liquid then the possibility of him saving Kaufmann.

I mean, out of ALL the random locked buildings in Silent Hill, he decides to try Annie's Bar...
alone in the town

That's because you can hear sounds of struggle from within when you pass nearby. They're easy to miss if you're being chased, though.

There's no logical scenario which would have Harry saving Cybil, though. Every possible explanation anyone's ever thrown at me suffers from critical flaws.

I'm not going to get into this again tonight, so you can like whichever ending you like. I'd never tell you not to.
IceDhole
Just Passing Through

Post by IceDhole »

Oh, cause I've never heard struggles. That's what I guessed, anyways.

If Silent Hill 3 didn't exist, we would see a LOT of theories supporting each ending. The UFO Endings connect, so maybe they are the canon ones :P.
alone in the town

There are still quite a few theories supporting GOOD+. Burning Man is the only person to ever offer one that at least made me go "oh, fine". It involved the game being a stable time loop that only breaks when GOOD+ is attained, the idea being that if Harry experiences this an infinite number of times, he has an infinite number of chances to try something different with Cybil.

The rest are usually silly and poorly-conceived .
IceDhole
Just Passing Through

Post by IceDhole »

I'm not supporting Good+ when I say this, I'm only informing you, that the Play Novel said that Harry used the Aglostuff on Cybil because the liquid was the same color of Cybil's eyes when she was effected.

Which I don't agree with. If she suddenly had brown eyes, would he throw a health drink at her? or press the Channeling Stone against her face if she had blue eyes?

In my little fantasy world that I call my mind, I like to think that either Bad+ or UFO are Canon :/
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Before you fight Cybil you encounter some info regarding the aglaophaothis (probably misspelled) if I'm not wrong. By reading this info, Harry got some knowledge regarding this strange "tool".

When the fight started, Harry had 2 options: Kill Cybil (he didn't wanted) or try to make that parasite thing "go away". Him throwing the aglaophaothis at her was just a desperate moment. It was all or nothing.

So, saying that he only grabbed the aglaophaothis and shot it in Cybil's face because the liquid had the same color as her eyes, or that's a thing that most likely wouldn't happen is kinda stupid. . . He (kinda) knew some bits of the liquid's story and just assumed that it could work. It happens.
Mr. Domino
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr. Domino »

I rather like the good ending, because it feels the most complete to me. Killing Cybil I think is important to the destructuring of Harry's character, and skipping the Kaufmann portion...I'm just incapable of skipping side-quests in games. I can't do it.

I do have a fondness for the bad ending as well, though, just because it kinda works for me. Were it not for the later games, its the one I would probably consider canon.
I'm not a self-righteous, egotistical, arrogant bastard - but I play one on the internet!