Soundtracks

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

Akira Yamaoka doesn't receive a penny from album sales. He is an employee of Konami who gets paid for his work on the game, just as any other member of the development team. Any piece of music that he writes for the Silent Hill series becomes the sole property of Konami. He doesn't receive royalties.

Konami releases the soundtracks as promotional items. I'd be willing to guess that they order one pressing of the OST for each game. People get ahold of these albums, which again were made for the sole purpose of promotion, and they sell them online for ridiculous prices.

I would suggest simply downloading the soundtracks. Otherwise you're paying for a Konami logo and bragging rights.
nobody is anybody
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

I cant stand anymore... Will they ever release sh 5 ost...... :cry:
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Probably not.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
heavensnightsh

Post by heavensnightsh »

So can't all the people on ebay get sued or reported for selling the bootlegs? I mean, I would think so! But you see so many of them :?
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/dbmhpc.gif[/img]
(o ) ( 0)[size=75]WOOO!|[url=http://www.silenthillheaven.com/wiki]Silent Hill Wiki[/url]|[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/tray.gif[/img]"What the hell is it?"[/size]
( ) ­ [size=75]I wanna thank you for this chance to be [color=teal]angels[/color] [/size]
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/Pokemon.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/HarryPotter-2.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/LGDare.gif[/img] Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[size=59][I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF][/size]
dominik9
Just Passing Through

Post by dominik9 »

SH0 OST - Pretty dissapointing...aldo it has some good tracks
SH1 OST - I like this one. it's just so eerie. most of the tracks are noises and thats why i like it.
SH2 OST - My favv. all the actual songs are gr8 and noise tracks are really creepy
SH3 OST - This one has a lot of songs and a lot of tracks. Quite a masterpiece!
SH4 OST - I was kinda dissapointed in this one to. i dont know why but i just did.
Homecoming OST - There are pretty few track on this OST (for SH means off course) but all of them are very good. There are few noise tracks.
:)
ResidentAsylum
Just Passing Through

Post by ResidentAsylum »

heavensnightsh wrote:So can't all the people on ebay get sued or reported for selling the bootlegs? I mean, I would think so! But you see so many of them :?
\
While I'm sure a number are boots, several are the legal promo release sent out to game store several weeks after the game was released(here in america). I grabbed one for $12 on Ebay, and just 2 weeks ago grabbed a sealed one from my local gamecrazy store.
ResidentAsylum
Just Passing Through

Post by ResidentAsylum »

dominik9 wrote:SH0 OST - Pretty dissapointing...aldo it has some good tracks
SH1 OST - I like this one. it's just so eerie. most of the tracks are noises and thats why i like it.
SH2 OST - My favv. all the actual songs are gr8 and noise tracks are really creepy
SH3 OST - This one has a lot of songs and a lot of tracks. Quite a masterpiece!
SH4 OST - I was kinda dissapointed in this one to. i dont know why but i just did.
Homecoming OST - There are pretty few track on this OST (for SH means off course) but all of them are very good. There are few noise tracks.
:)
SH1 - I really like this one. I prefer the ambient noise over the songs(at least the ones
without vocals).
SH2 - The game is my personal fav, but the OST never really grabbed me the same way the
game did.
SH3 - Slighty higher than SH2 OST, and only due to the actual songs.
SH4 - In between SH2 & SH3.
SH5 - This one is easily a 2nd. This is a solid cd for me.
SH0 - Meh... not bad. Maybe the songs weren't up to par because it was just the PSP.
LisatheNurse
Just Passing Through

Post by LisatheNurse »

I rather like them all theres always a song i can listen too, I have so many plays I only have soundtracks One-Four though I need to find the others I have some of the songs from online but its not the same as having the Cd itself so I shall find them later but before there gone.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I like them all. And the Complete Soundtracks for 2 and 3, mostly because of the bizarre song in Japanese that plays during the SH3 UFO ending and the music box song.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
The Solitary
Just Passing Through

Post by The Solitary »

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I just saw the 'Silent Hell' album on itunes - supposed to be music from the movie, but itunes won't let you buy it as a full album, instead the thing would cost over £30! Does anyone know of anywhere I can (legally) purchase and download this soundtrack at a reasonable price?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The soundtrack for Silent Hill: Movie includes various tunes from the first 4 games' soundtracks.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

I don't believe the actual film soundtrack was ever released. It's most likely just a compilation of the original songs from the game OSTs.

That's unfortunate because the film features some remixes (Wounded Warsong for example) that were actually better than Yamaoka's originals.
nobody is anybody
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^yeah I'm with you on seeing an actual ost for the film

So after getting a demonoid account the other day, I realized an OST for Homecoming was released as a gamestop promo like LAST YEAR. Surprised no one has been discussing it, granted I haven't been keeping up on SHH as of late but it seems like the only mention of it is one post by ViviSect

haven't really had a chance to listen to it, but so far so good. I like the vocal tracks.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I've only listened to it a few times, so no opinions on the SHH OST as of yet, but there are plenty of legit promo ones on eBay if anyone wants to pick up a copy.

Can't vouch for their legitimacy, but I've picked up all my OSTs via eBay - 1-4 - and all are legit. Only got a bootleg once (SH1 - you can tell because my original has a textured CD, whereas the bootleg just had a sticker).

Got my origins one from Play Asia.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Nightmareish Waltzer
Just Passing Through

Post by Nightmareish Waltzer »

Wow, I can honestly say I enjoyed all five (or six) Soundtracks for the Silent Hill Series. I listen to Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, and Silent Hill: Homecoming the most. Silent Hill 4: The Room tends to be on the calmer side of the OSTs and I end up falling asleep whenever I listen to it. Silent Hill's Score is something I only listen to when I'm writing, helps me create tension when tension is needed. Silent Hill: Homecoming's Soundtrack is probably my favorite out of th bunch though ("One More Soul to the Call" is awesome).

I've recently listened to Silent Hill Origins (ZERO)'s Soundtrack and I enjoyed it. "Hole in the Sky" and "ORT" are my new favorite songs from Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Incredibly moving and powerful.
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

You can buy pretty much all of them online for less than $30. Official ones even. Just make sure it's from a legit site like Amazon.com. The hard ones to find are the Robbie Tracks, the Limited Edition promo releases, and stuff of that nature. As a collector of video game soundtracks, finding those takes a lot of time and a lot of digging in obscure places. Some of them cost a pretty penny, but the prices shouldn't be exorbitant (or else you KNOW it's a scam).

Japanese sites are the places you want to go. The CDs were released in Japan, so it's going to mainly be Japanese markets that have them in storage.
Cybil Bennett
Just Passing Through

Post by Cybil Bennett »

I've been looking for the Homecoming soundtrack for quite a while for it. I've been scouring E-bay with no luck. It sucks that it was only a promo at Gamestop. I'm going to be re-buying the first 4 due to the fact that I lost SH1 and SH2 is all scratched to pieces.
~Cybil
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/Cybil_Bennett/CybilBennett.jpg[/img]

I can't tell you to remember me, but I can't bear you to forget me.

avatar by dish01 and signature by Dunkel_Teufel. U rock!
Shannen the Manic
Just Passing Through

Post by Shannen the Manic »

Each soundtrack is good in it's own way. I love the abrasive industrial tracks. They pound with panic and fear.
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

VIVIsect wrote:I don't believe the actual film soundtrack was ever released. It's most likely just a compilation of the original songs from the game OSTs.

That's unfortunate because the film features some remixes (Wounded Warsong for example) that were actually better than Yamaoka's originals.
I really liked the remixes of the tracks from the games and would absolutely LOVE to have those versions released as an album.

It's just a shame how misused and out-of-place they were in the actual film itself. :cry:
Follow me on: deviantART | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Head's up for people looking to buy the OSTs: 4 mint, sealed and legit copies of the SH2 OST up for a decent price. Free worldwide shipping, too.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.