remake silent hill 1

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

Oh god, haha, thank you. I don't know why I thought I was in the SH2 section for the first half of my post. :lol:
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

They should do that! It would be awesome!
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

I like if they do remake but i really hope that they dont change the story and do like movie game.
Better graphics and voice actinc ( i like those now but..).
I dont want to anything new in this game, but i know if they do remake they will change lot of things...
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Utsushimi

Post by Utsushimi »

This just in....... There was an announcement about Silent Hill 1 being remade for PSP and Wii!! YAY I hope they extend Lisa's role........hahahah
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

Link plz?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Naughty Nurses
Gravedigger

Post by Naughty Nurses »

This is already being discussed here, complete with a link to a site that specifically state's that it is just a rumor.

This thread came first though, din'it?
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Exactly. No official announcement yet, got me excited for nothing. :?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

SH1 is my fav game too, but to be honest, I don't think it needs to be remade, it's perfect the way it is.
If they did remake it for some reason, I would buy a copy.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I agree, it doesn't *need* to be done but it could be really cool.
Eternity.
Just Passing Through

Post by Eternity. »

ofcourse they should re-make it!
i wrote a letter to the place of this but ofcourse they wouldnt read it ><
Ill be back!
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Eternity. wrote:ofcourse they should re-make it!
i wrote a letter to the place of this but ofcourse they wouldnt read it ><
We've had the official announcement that it's definitely being done between your post and the previous one, so this discussion is all a bit moot now ... Whether or not they SHOULD remake it belongs in another thread ...
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: remake silent hill 1

Post by Krysta »

Valtiel101 wrote:it would be cool if silent hill 1 was remade for PS2 and x box
nearly 3 years has passed and here we are again. So there was a seed of truth in that rumour after all. Remake took for of reimagining which is dissapointing for many of us
cedar grove
Just Passing Through

Post by cedar grove »

not sure............. remakes are generally crappy
what does no man want, but dosent want to lose either?
a lawsuit.
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

Although a "re-imagining" has been done of the first entry in the SH series, I still believe a remake would be amazing. People say that there is no true reason for a remake, but I think that, time and resources permitting, a remake would be generally welcome by fans of the series. Personally, it would be like an enhanced nostalgia trip for me. I first played the first SH when I was about 8 or 10, and I've played through it many times in the years since then. With a remake, I could relive the experience, noting all the differences and improvements made to the game. I feel like I don't know how to explain exactly what I mean, but that's the drift of it, anyway.
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

This game definitely needs a remake right now. It's been 7 years since Siren, etc. I think this, and Fatal Frame, needs a remake. Even Clock Tower is getting Remothered.
Mr. Domino
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr. Domino »

I really want some new info on remothered. Clock Tower 1 is one of my favorite horror games, and an update would just be all kinds of awesome. For an SNES game, its one of the most terrifying things ever, and a less pixel-y version would be amazing.
I'm not a self-righteous, egotistical, arrogant bastard - but I play one on the internet!
SHF

Post by SHF »

theres already a thread about this. ( i cant post the link with my psp) i believe its in the silent hill 1 forum
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

However, this thread is from 2006.

That new Remake thread is from 2009.

This should be moved to the SH1 section, and this thread should be locked.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Y'know if they didn't do SM, i'd probably welcome a remake, but honestly i'd probably still not want it...only because i've already played that game, and i'm kinda tired of the remakes....Silent hill right now is currently trying to restore the magic it once had, so i really don't want to see them risk mucking up the series taking on the original story. Let that game with it's crappy graphics by today's standards (tho still an incredible game) retain it's charm and unique qualities.

I'd like for this series to do what RE4 did for the RE series....and that's not to say i want SH to go into action horror, but i want to see it back in the limelight...i want this series to go back to it's terrorfying disturbing roots and i want a game that will make the survival horror fanbase to take notice...i still feel this franchise is RE's direct competitor and it still has alot of life left in it...let's be happy that regardless of how you felt about homecoming and SM, the series is still grounded in psychological horror and has not shifted to the laughable action horror that the RE series and others have moved on to....

Seriously..has anybody seen how much of a joke zombies are now? Zombies used to be scary when RE first dropped, now you see them in every game, being used as nothing more than cannon fodder....there's nothing scary or unique about them anymore...they're even in the upcoming yakuza 4 game....aggh i went off topic there for a moment, but yeah, i don't want to see remake of this game.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

The only reason I can see for a remake is to expand the audience who plays the first game ... but then they could just do a really good port for PSP or something (maybe with extras). I mean, no remake is gonna be better than the original. It was partly the excellent graphic style (especially for the Otherworld) that made the original so great in the first place.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.