Samples used by Akira Yamaoka

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Samples used by Akira Yamaoka (updated 1/31)

Post by peronmls »

Here is a rhythm sample from SH3 office building, you should recognize it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H6NA25F5
JamesOther
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesOther »

peronmls wrote:Here is a rhythm sample from SH3 office building, you should recognize it.

THX!

from which library?
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

Thanks, peronmis. It sounds like something from Titanium Rhythms, but a source would be appreciated.

Speaking of Titanium Rhythms... I've taken the original loops used for Betrayal and Clockwork Little Happiness and I've edited them to match Yamaoka's tracks. I've also included the other TR loop (used in SH2) that I recently found. Download Here.
nobody is anybody
Diego_Reynoso
Just Passing Through

Post by Diego_Reynoso »

peronmls wrote:Here is a rhythm sample from SH3 office building, you should recognize it.

Nice! The same sample is also used in the remix that Yamaoka made of the song "Missing Link (Heather Remix)" from the industrial band INTERLACE...
Aki
Just Passing Through

Post by Aki »

VIVIsect wrote: When I update the samples folder again, I will archive it using WinRAR on a PC, so this issue doesn't happen again.
thank you very much!
but is this unpacked library supposed to be 235 mbytes? or do I really have missing files?
VIVIsect wrote: Eventually, I will compile everything into a single update.
That would be awesome! when can we expect that update?
Badass Cyborg wrote: Let me know if you're still interested
yeah I'm interested :D
this thing sounds exciting! so thank you!

a question:
VIVIsect wrote:^ They do sound similar, but they're definitely not the same. Aside from the obvious difference with the effects processing of Yamaoka's piano, the Resident Evil track is in C# Minor. The Yamaoka track is in C Minor.
how do you determine which key those songs are in?
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Its from TR2 but i kinda edited it. At the end it sounds like a coin falling in a pop machine. do you want me to upload it unedited?
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E09KV1N1

All of these sounds were found in Titanium Rhythms Vol. 2/1/Thing That Go Bump in The Night Vol.1 * = Update

[Silent Hill 2]
*(Sample 1) A sound that comes on. (Can't Remember)

*(Sample 2) A sound that comes on. (Can't Remember)

[Silent Hill 3]

*(Sample 1) A rhythm you get when you encounter enemies at the amusement park. (It is also sampled up to 74100Hz for certain music in the game)

*(Sample 2) Clockworks Little Happiness rhythm.

*(Sample 3) A rhythm that come on when encountering the mall enemies.

(Sample 4) It's an Ambient sound that come on when you encounter the dogs in the Office Building.

*(Sample 5) A rhythm that come on when you in counter the Numb Bodies and the first slurper in the office building.

(Sample 6) It's a rhythms you get when you go into the room full of enemies in the Office Building.

*(Sample 7) The Split Worm Beat

(Sample 8) It's a sound you hear in the background when you encounter enemies in the Underground Passage.

[Silent Hill Homecomming]

(Sample 1) It's a beat you hear at the beginning of the Final Boss.

(Sample 2) It's a beat you hear during the Final Boss Music.

(Sample 3) A little beat sound after you talk to Curtis.

(Sample 4) An Ambient Sound you hear while fighting The Doll.

*(Sample 5) Its a rhythm you hear when you encounter the first enemy in Shaperds Glen.

(Sample 6) Its a Rhythm you hear in the First boss Music.

(Sample 7) Another Rhythms you hear in the First boss Music.

(Sample 8) Another Rhythms you hear in the First boss Music.

(Sample 9) A weird sound you hear at the beginning of the First Boss Music.

(Sample 10) Another Rhythms you hear in the First boss Music.

*(Sample 11) THIS IS IN ORIGNS

[Silent Hill Origins]

(Sample 1) It's a Rhythms you hear during an enemy and mini boss.

(Sample 2) It's a Rhythms you hear during an enemy and mini boss.

(Sample 3)* It's a Rhythms you hear during an enemy and mini boss. ALSO in the Final Boss in Homecomming.

Thanks! Hope you Like it!

Miles/peronmls
Last edited by peronmls on 04 Oct 2012, edited 4 times in total.
Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Storm »

This rocks
What's the big deal - Laura
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Hey, peronmls thanks for the sample identifications. I don't recognize a lot of them, but they all sound pretty cool. All the Titanium Rhythms Vol. 1 samples were taken from Things That Go Bump in the Night, right?

Pretty sure I found a variation of the beat used on "Null Moon" on "Atalanta Chill" by Loopmasters. It's the same beat, except Yamaoka's is cut in half and the version I found has a deeper kick drum and ride cymbal layered on top. Still no idea where the original is from, but it's probably from a Loopmasters disc. In fact, I'd be willing to bet the beat used on "True" and "Heaven's Night" are probably from the same disc. Just a guess, though. I've never been a fan of Loopmasters stuff (so I never bothered with many of their libraries), but I'll probably start going through their older releases to see what I can find.
nobody is anybody
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

VIVIsect wrote:Hey, peronmls thanks for the sample identifications. I don't recognize a lot of them, but they all sound pretty cool. All the Titanium Rhythms Vol. 1 samples were taken from Things That Go Bump in the Night, right?

Pretty sure I found a variation of the beat used on "Null Moon" on "Atalanta Chill" by Loopmasters. It's the same beat, except Yamaoka's is cut in half and the version I found has a deeper kick drum and ride cymbal layered on top. Still no idea where the original is from, but it's probably from a Loopmasters disc. In fact, I'd be willing to bet the beat used on "True" and "Heaven's Night" are probably from the same disc. Just a guess, though. I've never been a fan of Loopmasters stuff (so I never bothered with many of their libraries), but I'll probably start going through their older releases to see what I can find.
Yeah that's right. I am a big fan of the industrial sounds. SH3 had a crap load of industrial for that game. Along with Homecoming. These sounds are unedited and came straight from there library and some need to be cut or resampled that Akira did. If you play the games in certain areas you will hear the sounds that I got. I am so desperate to get TR1 but I don't think i will ever get it. D-day megaton bomb 2 library is supposed to have TR in it. You can get it on ebay for $100. But I like free better. :wink:
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

^ Ah. I was asking to see if you had found a full copy of TR1. No such luck, I guess! : P

I noticed recently that Big Fish Audio removed Titanium Rhythms 2 from their site. Maybe this means they'll be re-releasing the two... I was told that TR1 will be sold on the site again. Who knows?
nobody is anybody
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Hmm that's weird because like I said before I contacted Jason Jones the created of TR and he said its currently not in production. Maybe he just means the single. maybe its suppose to come out in a collection. I hate to bug him and ask him again.
Here is his email if you have any questions about it. I would ask but I feel like a pest lol. He will respond right away and is very nice. He lives in Ohio where I live and it dark now so you might not get a quick answer. If you do ask anything.

email@JasonJonesSoundDesign.com

Also are you sure its not the site because the whole site is down.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

I contacted Jason Jones as well, about a year ago, hoping he maybe had an old copy he could kick my way. Of course, he didn't.

Jason Jones may have created the libraries, but Big Fish Audio owns them. They're the only ones who can legally sell them. I contacted Big Fish Audio awhile back and was told that TR1 will "eventually" be sold on their website as a download. And yes, TR2 was on the Big Fish Audio website (which is working fine for me) for a long time, but it was just recently taken down.
nobody is anybody
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Hmm stupid firefox! Well I really hope that happens! If you get any information on TR1 please tell me! lol like I said, I am a big fan! and I'm surprised you got through Big Fish Audio. I tried contacting them but didn't get an answer back. =\

EDIT:

I'm going through the list again of library's everyone found to see if they skipped any and they did a few. I will put up the a list of the ones a few people missed once I look through them all.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

On the track "Last Stop, Windows Up" (from the Shadows of the Damned OST), the beat is taken from the the sample library Dark Downtempo 2 by Beatserv (which is very reasonably priced on their website for $10).

I own all of Beatserv's products. I just happened to hear that song on YouTube, and I instantly recognized the beat. He probably used more stuff from them of the rest of the Shadows of the Damned OST (which, as I'm finding out, actually has a few really nice tracks. Worth checking out).
nobody is anybody
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Yeah I noticed he used some of the same samples from SH
phoenix_78
Just Passing Through

Post by phoenix_78 »

I just wanted to let you guys know that Big Fish Audio just released 'Darkness: Cinematic Sound Design' and it has some awesome sounds in it from what I heard with the sample they have on their site. A lot of the same types of dark industrial sounds Akira used in the Silent Hill soundtracks.
No not the exact sounds from the SH soundtracks. Just very similar kinds of dark sounds. Quite yummy. Just an FYI for you guys that may like to know. There aren't too many awesome sound libraries out there that focus ONLY on these dark industrial types of sounds. So I thought this would be helpful to you guys.

You can check out the sample here - http://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html?513821

On a side note: Has anyone else seen the show 'Monsters Inside Me' that is about humans getting infected by parasites? (It's on Animal Planet) Have you ever noticed the music on that show uses a lot of the same sound samples Akira used and it has that same SH thing going on with the slower tempo industrial, horror type of music. I'm sure the composer of the show most be a huge fan of the Silent Hill soundtracks. You'll instantly notice this when you hear the music if you watch the show.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

phoenix_78 wrote:I just wanted to let you guys know that Big Fish Audio just released 'Darkness: Cinematic Sound Design' and it has some awesome sounds in it from what I heard with the sample they have on their site. A lot of the same types of dark industrial sounds Akira used in the Silent Hill soundtracks.
No not the exact sounds from the SH soundtracks. Just very similar kinds of dark sounds. Quite yummy. Just an FYI for you guys that may like to know. There aren't too many awesome sound libraries out there that focus ONLY on these dark industrial types of sounds. So I thought this would be helpful to you guys.

You can check out the sample here - http://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html?513821

On a side note: Has anyone else seen the show 'Monsters Inside Me' that is about humans getting infected by parasites? (It's on Animal Planet) Have you ever noticed the music on that show uses a lot of the same sound samples Akira used and it has that same SH thing going on with the slower tempo industrial, horror type of music. I'm sure the composer of the show most be a huge fan of the Silent Hill soundtracks. You'll instantly notice this when you hear the music if you watch the show.
Yea i saw that but i think its to new to have any SH Samples on it. And i really haven't paid attention to the music bug thing on AP. I'll check it out.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

^ I've actually been considering picking up Darkness since it was first announced. I might eventually get it, but the next sample library on my "to buy" list is Zero-G's Alien Skies - Cinematic Ambiences 2. I loved Dark Skies, and I expect this one to be just as awesome.
nobody is anybody
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

VIVIsect wrote:^ I've actually been considering picking up Darkness since it was first announced. I might eventually get it, but the next sample library on my "to buy" list is Zero-G's Alien Skies - Cinematic Ambiences 2. I loved Dark Skies, and I expect this one to be just as awesome.
Yea i like the sound of Alien Skies. I don't think it will have and Sh samples cause I think i was released in 2010.