Awesome PH and Valtiel model sculpts

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

I got the 3D model of PH as well from someone on another forum and plan to use it as the main basis for a sculpted figure as well.
Can't believe you forgot who gave you that sweet stuff ;)
Yea, I used the in game model but had to clean it up first so it would subdivide properly
WOW. Did you manually delete the extra edges in Maya/MAX to get a quad edgeflow or did you just re-topologize the mesh in ZBrush?

It's funny too because I was going to do the same thing you are: Detail him in ZBrush and have him 3D printed. Only problem is a 3D print job is stupid-expensive.

Oh, and the Great Knife he's holding in the meshes you guys have: I made that :D
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

Yea, I manually deleted edges in Maya, I don't like Zbrush's retopology tools. Especially since I had to go in and add bevels on his helmet so it would hold its shape when I subdivided it. it was pretty painstaking. Unfortunately in the process, it destroyed the UVs which I had to redo. I also tried sculpting him in Mudbox but I'm a Zbrush guy :wink: I take it you also work in CG Ratiocinator?
Last edited by Eraserhead on 19 May 2009, edited 1 time in total.
"Home is in your head"
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

You may want to look into NEX for Maya. You can get a free trial (30 days) but it has an incredible topologizing tool which is easier to use than ZBrush and could save you a tremendous amount of time in the future.

I can't believe you did that by hand! You are crazy but I now admire and respect you for that! Yeah, I work primarily in Maya (especially for environments and assets), do my character/creature work in Maya and Zbrush and occasionally dump data into Unreal Editor to run on the Unreal Engine.

Actually, I just posted a thread with a 3D piece I did which you may find interesting ;)

I'd really love to see some detail and beauty shots of Zbrush PH. I see some incredible folds on the boots/apron, knuckle/digit impressions through the glove and overall texturizing that looks wonderful. I'm proud of you man--you're doing PH such great justice!
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

Ah yes, I use Nex as well! I don't wanna use Maya without it. Unfortunately its not available for Linux :( which is what we use at work.
"Home is in your head"
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

One more picture of the greatness:

Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

And another - this is how I'm hoping to go on in terms of the paint job (well, not me, the guy I'm commissioning!)

V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

If I was in your shoes Vixx I'd be torn between the two color schemes (the one you just posted and the one I posted right before yours). The one you're showing is a lot more menacing, darker and intimidating but the one I posted is more true to his game model--lighter colors and a more vibrant red helmet. I admire your decision for one over another.

Damn... Vixx, Whitney, Silent Evil, EraserHead... SO MUCH GREAT SH STIMULUS GOING AROUND! I haven't felt this great about SH in a long, long time!
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Vixx your Pyramid head is going to look fantastic!!! I can't wait until he is complete!!!!

Haha yay glad you're back into the spirit of Silent Hill Ratiocinator! :D
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

Ratiocinator wrote:Can't believe you forgot who gave you that sweet stuff :wink:
Not at all Ratiocinator!

I just didn't know that you were a member on this forum too my friend, so I thought it mattered not. Of course if I'd known you were I totally would've credited you by name! :)

And I second what Whitney had to say, good to have you back with your SH spirits raised once again!
And another - this is how I'm hoping to go on in terms of the paint job (well, not me, the guy I'm commissioning!)

I really like this paint job better than the one Ratiocinator posted, that one struck me as a tad cheap-looking by comparison but it could've just been bad lighting. I think this one represents the character in a far more grittier and realistic fashion, with a helmet that's not as overtly bright red.

Despite the moniker of RED Pyramid Thing, aside from the first time you see PH in the game behind the bars in the apartment hallway his helmet doesn't seem all that red to me anyway. :?
Follow me on: deviantART | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Not sure who made this but probably from Headlong too:

Get this... this is a 1/1 scale sculpture of PH's helmet:

...and a decent nurse sculpt:
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

Ratiocinator wrote:Not sure who made this but probably from Headlong too:

Actually it was made by a Japanese garage kit company called Hellpainter, and the nurse you found as well.

Whitney and I had a discussion about these in pages way back over in the Collections thread:

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 513#420513
Follow me on: deviantART | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Oops, my apologies. Well, it'll add to the sculpture thread too then. I saw that Aabstract Daddy sculpt and it looks very nice but at the same time I'm disgusted with it. (If you know what I mean.) I'm not sure how accurate it is to the game's model but if it is then I haven't been paying enough attention to that creature. But hey, if a SH creature sculpture can repulse me then it's doing something right.
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Ratiocinator wrote:Oops, my apologies. Well, it'll add to the sculpture thread too then. I saw that Aabstract Daddy sculpt and it looks very nice but at the same time I'm disgusted with it. (If you know what I mean.) I'm not sure how accurate it is to the game's model but if it is then I haven't been paying enough attention to that creature. But hey, if a SH creature sculpture can repulse me then it's doing something right.
Yep all of those are Night Mare model's :D I didn't like the Abstract Daddy either! I think if I ever got another model it would be Valtiel or another Pyramid Head! I wish they made models of the human characters!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

I absolutely love that nurse sculpt! :shock: Its dead on to the game model and the pose is straight out of Masahiro Ito's concept drawing. I"d love to buy that... :shock: The abstract daddy although I like it, isn't all that game acuurate. I have the game model of the abstract daddy and right above and behind that mouth is another head.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
"Home is in your head"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I think this is a key opportunity for Whitney to post close-ups of her Nightmare Nurse model!!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

Yes, please do! and where and how to go about purchasing one.
"Home is in your head"
rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Post by rm2kking »

Those make my head want to explode with the overload of sheer awesomeness.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Additional shots of PH/Valtiel statue with PH being his darker-themed version:

Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

so cool.............
My Websites!
Image Image Image
rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Post by rm2kking »

Gah... Rm2kking... want....
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."