Awesome PH and Valtiel model sculpts

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Vixx wrote:My bad - I read you wrong. :) Yeah, I completely agree.

The Headlong guy wrote about it on his blog, so maybe there's where Ratiocinator got the news.
Bingo. Also, at the end of the statue descpritions it says "絶版".
If you put that in Google the first result is a Wiki article.
Translated you get this sad news.
rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Post by rm2kking »

Konami needs to get on the ball here. We need official Silent Hill collectibles damnit! Hellpainter and those like them just realize this, and they realize that it's unfair that I can go to the store and buy a Psycho Mantis figure, but Pyramid Head is nowhere to be found. Sure it's not legal, but compensate damnit! License something!!
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
reap28
Just Passing Through

Post by reap28 »

rm2kking wrote:Konami needs to get on the ball here. We need official Silent Hill collectibles damnit! Hellpainter and those like them just realize this, and they realize that it's unfair that I can go to the store and buy a Psycho Mantis figure, but Pyramid Head is nowhere to be found. Sure it's not legal, but compensate damnit! License something!!
ya totally.
crazyhorse
Just Passing Through

Post by crazyhorse »

I believe it would be cooler if Konami would let other artists do their own versions of their trademark characters. That would be in the creative and interpretive spirit of Silent Hill. Maybe a new business model that would allow artists and Konami to make a profit together. Konami could receive a percentage of the sale and a limit could be placed on how many are made. That way the art work continues to exist in some form.
[img]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/nogchoceek/Avatars/uncanny.jpg[/img]
"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

Those are honestly too good for words.
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

Vixx wrote:My bad - I read you wrong. :) Yeah, I completely agree.
Yeah, that woud be pretty ridiculous of me to say that they don't come to this site considering all the visitors it gets. This is like one of, if not THE premiere Silent Hill fan forums afterall, how could they not stop by? :wink:
rm2kking wrote:The sculpts cease to be fan artwork once they begin to charge money for them. Then they are making money off of a copyrighted intellectual property. It voids any fair-use laws.
But It's still artwork, can never take that away from it.
Ratiocinator wrote:Also, at the end of the statue descpritions it says "絶版".
If you put that in Google the first result is a Wiki article.
Translated you get this sad news.
Oh! :o

I thought that he had sent you like a detailed message or someth'n explaining exactly what had happened. Then I'm not so certain now that Konami really has anything to do with this, if you're going by just this one symbol in the descriptions by the pictures of the models. I read the Wiki article and did a bit of looking up of the word on my own and...........there's nothing to say that the guy stopped production of these kits based on copyright infringement(although technically, it is).

I know it mentions copyright in the article, however not everything in Japanese should be taken so literally when translated into English. There's any number of Japanese words that can have a multitude of meanings depending on the context in the way it's used. In the case of the word zeppan(絶版), it could just be as simple as this guy just deciding to discontinue this line of kits, hence the term "out-of-print".

Whatever the reason is............bottom line, he ain't makin' any more of 'em. Vixx should be so happy she got what was probably the last PH kit made.
Follow me on: deviantART | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Silent Evil wrote:
rm2kking wrote:The sculpts cease to be fan artwork once they begin to charge money for them. Then they are making money off of a copyrighted intellectual property. It voids any fair-use laws.
But It's still artwork, can never take that away from it.
Of course :)
And amazing artwork at that. I don't know if you saw, but a few pages back I also praised your Robbie sculpt. Bravo!
Last edited by rm2kking on 29 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Your speech gives me some small sliver of hope then, Silent Evil. If it wasn't because of copyright issues maybe he'll consider re-publishing them again some day. Thanks for the uplifting words.

PS - If you got time would you get on AIM?
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

rm2kking wrote:I don't know if you saw, but a few pages back I also praised your Robbie sculpt. Bravo!
Yes, I did see your comment and I thank you for the kind feedback. Glad you like it. :)

I feel it looks much better seeing it in person than the pics might convey, but you don't have to take my word for it. As Ratiocinator mentioned in a few posts back, he seems to agree.

While we're on the subject, if you're really interested in a completed Robbie figure then I feel I should tell you that the auction listing for it is going to end in about 24 hours and it will not be relisted. I'm kind of taking a cue from this HEADLONG guy and retiring the kit............for now anyways.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Serious lack of funds :(
I hope I can purchase one one day though. They are seriously quite amazing. They look Konami-produced, or better!

And your avatar is VERY cool.
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

rm2kking wrote:I hope I can purchase one one day though. They are seriously quite amazing. They look Konami-produced, or better!
Umm, hopefully better. :|

They're not gone for good, they just won't be back on eBay for now.

And if you're that interested in my work, I urge you to check out my thread in the art forum to see what other Silent Hill-related projects I have currently in the midst of development. If you haven't done so already, that is.
rm2kking wrote:And your avatar is VERY cool.
Jacob's Ladder - the real Silent Hill movie.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

By Konami-produced I mean they look like the quality of products Konami SHOULD be making. Sorry for the offence, 'twas not meant.

I will have to check that out!

I know, I love Jacob's Ladder :D
From the "Hell" scene.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Silent Evil wrote:Which begs the question though - how the hell is Hellpainter getting away with it? I doubt that they have a license to produce such kits either, and yet they put out a PH and nurse figure last year, and have a new nurse and lying figure coming out now. That's like no different than fan-made work, so what gives
Supposedly their models were officially approved by Konami. I hope the Headlong guy will be able to sell his kits again soon...
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

Well, I'm hoping to get my digital Pyramid Head sculpt "printed" in the real world but I'm only making one copy for myself. I hope to post pics soon.
"Home is in your head"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Ratiocinator wrote:Your speech gives me some small sliver of hope then, Silent Evil. If it wasn't because of copyright issues maybe he'll consider re-publishing them again some day. Thanks for the uplifting words.
But if you read Headlong's blog, he mentions being approached by Konami at the end of June. So whilst there's a symbol that might not mean it's anything to do with Konami, the blog posts suggest that it really is. :P
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Vixx wrote:But if you read Headlong's blog, he mentions being approached by Konami at the end of June. So whilst there's a symbol that might not mean it's anything to do with Konami, the blog posts suggest that it really is. :P
That's sad. I'm curious how Hellpainter allegedly got Konami's approval for their work and whether or not Headlong could/would want to do the same? Vixx, do you have a proper translation for that particular blog update? My translator is MIA and I'm curious to know what it properly says. (His post from June 7th, 2009). He also has more info about this issue on his second-to-latest post on July 23rd, 2009.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

I really hope Hellpainter has/gets an official sanction. Their sculpts are positively breathtaking!
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Ratiocinator wrote:That's sad. I'm curious how Hellpainter allegedly got Konami's approval for their work and whether or not Headlong could/would want to do the same? Vixx, do you have a proper translation for that particular blog update? My translator is MIA and I'm curious to know what it properly says. (His post from June 7th, 2009). He also has more info about this issue on his second-to-latest post on July 23rd, 2009.
My Japanese's not good enough to pass as a translator, but I got the flavour that he had problems with Konami, and then I ran it through (piss-poor lol) auto-translation:

June 7: Silent Hill had a new application was not on the rights of copyright. HOMECOMING the application before I was released into the applicant's version of a triangular head and I figure I scolded. It is June and I thought I heard you IKERU release. What we can do with that, I decide I'm no new product in a prototype commercial. Still hot and I have to manage.

July 23: Conclusion and say this is a new no. Copyright of the day (Silent Hill) finally did something new and I just was not at the time. Is the lack of time.I was much looking forward to the new is really sorry [...]

... so maybe he applied and was either too late or unsuccessful with his application?
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

My translator came through, yeah!

okieLet's talk about the last update of his weblog.
he said that he wanted to make something new statue but he was kinda busy and he doesn't know what he can release.

and also, for Winter fes, he didn't have a time to make a new statue of silent hill series. he said sorry to viewers who expected for him to make something.

so this winter fes, he will show his Cobra (don't know the spell) series and the other one(ガラパゴスゾウガメ) which he is making right now. and he will sell only 5 statues of these.

This helps clear up the confusion with WonderFest/copyright info. So it seems that Konami didn't have any interference?
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

That's good. Hopefully he will continue production in the future.