No Silent Hill action figures?!

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

No Silent Hill action figures?!

Post by rm2kking »

What Gives?! They have Halo, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat, Legacy of Kain, Soul Caliber, and any other friggin video game figures you can think of. They have god damn GUITAR HERO figures!! What the hell? This is simply not fair.

One of my greatest hopes for Silent Hill is that some company like Mcfarlane will obtain the license. Can you imagine how awesome a Mcfarlane Pyramid Head would be? 'Twould be simply beautiful.

So who else agrees that this here is bull crap?
ILoveCarrots
Just Passing Through

Post by ILoveCarrots »

Not that it matters but I don't like action figures anyway..

There are some cool Silent Hill figures/dolls around, some you can find on ebay.com. You can buy custom made or make your own!
Why bother about action figures? There are loads of other cool things you can collect that have to do with Silent Hill.
Someone should get the toiletpaper!
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Mcfarlane action figures are more like statuettes anyway, you cant really pose them or anything, but they do come sculpted with great poses anyhow. They are not really meant to be played with. I have a wicked looking demon and a dragon from Mcfarlane. Check out Spawn.com under the toys section, and tell me a pyramid head with that kind of craftsmanship wouldn't be awesome. And Mcfarlane figures are a good way to get a great looking display item at the price of a toy.
ILoveCarrots
Just Passing Through

Post by ILoveCarrots »

Okay, it may be cool to have a moving PH figure. But it's just not made.
So it may be a good idea to search for custom made ones?
Someone should get the toiletpaper!
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

indeed. But what kind of price range are we talking here? see this is what bothers me, if they produced figures, or statuettes or whatever, I could just go to the store and buy one at a fixed price, not bid ever higher for it on Ebay.

And in this my real hope is for Mcfarlane, specifically, to produce the figures. Unlikely I deem...
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

fuck Mcfarlane! go Neca!
Mc has stopped making licensed figures long time ago, but i heard that they will start buying the copyrights again. however, neca already has a few games action figure series. if someone would make SH figures, that would be Neca, i hope...

but, i think that if a company was planning to make SH collectibles, it would be announced already.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Nah, Mcfarlane is currently producing both a Halo line and a Guitar hero line.

And yes, NECA would be equally as awesome.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I know! I have a ton of action figures for Dragon Ball Z!
They should have some sort of action figures at least. Ones that people can actually buy because the ones on ebay are just ridiculously over priced. :(
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Hell yeah they are, and the price just gets bid higher and higher!

Also, howdy to a fellow DBZ fan! I have several DBZ figures myself. Even one of the coveted IF Labs figures.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Lark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Lark »

Neca or McFarlane would be awesome.

I've never been able to figure it out either, I would have thought that Silent Hill would be really rich pickings either for a screen perfect line of adaptations or a series inspired by the original concept (can you believe the variations on a theme which have developed as a result of Spawn and Hellraiser or even the twisted fairy tale ones?)
God didnt make man equal, Col. Colt did - Anon.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Yeah, I would love to have a screen-perfect Pyramid Head on my shelf. I would place him right next to Kain and Raziel.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

yeah, everything from the Hill would be an awesome, but i would prefer to have a Heather figure. anyway, i think that Konami is not going to sell the copyrights to make the figures, because konami usualy makes its own products. maybe kanami itself will surprise us by making a line, but that looks too ambitious.
Lark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Lark »

Yeah, SH isnt one of the premier lines of games like Street Fighter, so its not likely, it'd be like a line of figurines of Persona characters (at least I dont think there is a Persona line)
God didnt make man equal, Col. Colt did - Anon.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

atleast i made my own Pyramid Head figure... :roll:
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

I started one a while ago, but never really got past the construction of the pyramid.
minamihill
Just Passing Through

Post by minamihill »

YES! you can make your own SH figure. I make this PH.

rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

That's the shit dude^

Mine is the movie version, well, my unpainted helmet anyway.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

You could always get a fuckin' toy and use him as a guinea pig to make your experiments, too.
Grab a spiderman toy, or whatever you have and remove his painting and all... Make, let's say a random thing... the PH's helm, and place it on him... Later you paint and make his outfit, and other items that you want.
I did that when I was a kid, grab a random toy and make another character out of that toy, it was fun :P
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Thats was my plan, which is why I have a helm. I couldn't find a figure that would fit it though, I made it slightly too big.

When I was in junior-high I made a pretty cool Samus Aran that way too.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

my PH is tottaly costum. is a combination between the movie and SH2 (and that because of the lack of matterial). and i used a Captain Teague (pirates of the carribean) figure to alter.