silent hill osts

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

silent hill osts

Post by SHF »

where can i buy original soundtracks n merchandise?
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

Amazon?
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

Most online stores or 2nd hand game stores will have stuff, for rarer stuff you might have to try Ebay. :)

For future reference, this section is more for SHH website/forum related queries. General Silent Hill questions like this go in, surprisingly, Silent Hill General Discussion :P - but always check the sticky Quicklinks so you don't make a repeat thread and get told off :o
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Droo

Post by Droo »

Moved to Silent Hill Media section. I'm sure there's a million threads asking this question but I'm too tired to search for them.

In response, I will add to be wary of ebay. Most copies on there are pirated. The OSTs for 1 and 2 have been out of production for a long time, so the likelihood of finding a reasonably priced copy of those two is slim to none.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Yeah, I'd stay away from ebay for the OSTs. My copy of 3 came with the OST, though this isn't the case for the other games as far as I know. Your best bet would be amazon.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

You can buy legit copies on eBay; just ASK if it's a bootleg before committing. Also: the bootlegs usually don't have the Konami logo on the front, so if you can't see a logo, don't buy it.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Do bootleggers actually fess up when directly asked? Because I've bought a few things on ebay, asked if they were frauds, and they said no even though the item was clearly fake when it arrived.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

As long as the copy I get is of high quality, I couldn't care less if it's a bootleg.

Konami doesn't give the OSTs a Western release and let it go out of print. If they wanted our money badly enough, they'd give us what they know we want. I'd rather pay Konami for the music, but since they don't seem interested, I'll give my money to those who do.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

Out of curiosity I had a look on iTunes and you can at least buy the OST for 1 and 2 on there, but I can't see any of the others.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

I believe the first two soundtracks are on iTunes as fudgestix has said, there's also a dodgy fan rip of the music from the movie (don't waste your money as it's not official).

I've got all five soundtracks from eBay and I've never had a problem, but there are a lot of bootlegs out there. Amazon still some of them if you look hard enough, and you could probably still get the SH:0 soundtrack from Play Asia.

If in doubt, it doesn't harm to ask the seller, just be polite when you do it. Although saying that I was blocked from buying from a seller because I sent him an enquiry regarding a SH:0 soundtrack he was selling. Was very polite, but it went unanswered and when I took a chance to buy it, I discovered he had banned me. Some people are just jerks I guess.
"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]