Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Aug 2014

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Unhappy with Silent Hill 3's soundtrack

Missing since: 13 Jul 2009
Notes left: 50
Last seen at: Jersey
I should start this out by saying that I did like the soundtrack to SH3. However, it bothers me that a lot of the background music from the game didn't seem to make it on there. Most of what I heard was the music that played during the important cutscenes. A lot of good dark ambient and industrial stuff that you heard in the game got left out. Compare this to SH2's soundtrack, where every track from the game got on there. Is there some other source for the missing material?

Desperately seeking a real abandoned city, preferably in New Jersey or the tri-state area, where I can live out my Silent Hill fantasies. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone looks promising but it's kinda far...

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jun 2009
Notes left: 537
Last seen at: New York
Yeah I guess they could have added more and not left out so many cool ones, but overall I like it.

Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11003
Silent Hill 2's official soundtrack lacked most of the ambient/industrial stuff, too.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Re: Unhappy with Silent Hill 3's soundtrack

Missing since: 17 Aug 2005
Notes left: 365
Last seen at: Southend, England
Kampfgruppe Haus wrote:
Is there some other source for the missing material?

There are fan rips of the complete game soundtracks. I won't link to them as I'm unsure of the legality, but a Google search (sorry! Mod edit!)

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Unsure of the legality? Can people not read floated threads in this part of the forum? :(

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Jul 2009
Notes left: 50
Last seen at: Jersey
So no special edition extra long soundtracks available? Bummer, I guess I'll have to make do.

Desperately seeking a real abandoned city, preferably in New Jersey or the tri-state area, where I can live out my Silent Hill fantasies. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone looks promising but it's kinda far...

Post subject:

Missing since: 31 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3772
The Silent Hill 3 soundtrack was still better than anything that came after it. So, I don't complain.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Notes left: 365
Last seen at: Southend, England
Krist. wrote:
Unsure of the legality? Can people not read floated threads in this part of the forum? :(

That was a blonde moment. I knew that was there really.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
I'll take your word for it, dear. <3

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Notes left: 250
Last seen at: Sacramento, CA
You might wanna check [removed - no linking or mentions of where to obtain ripped music] media site. I won't link to it for obvious reasons, but it has just about every piece of media from SH1 - SH4 available for download on that site.

The only piece of music that I want from SH3 that wasn't on the official soundtrack, nor available anywhere else that I've found, is the beautifully haunting piano tune that plays at the end of the game during the cut scene with Heather, Claudia and Vincent in the chapel. It starts playing right after Claudia stabs Vincent in the back and stops when Heather pulls out the Metatron Seal.

Part of this piece of music is on the soundtrack as track No. 25 entitled "Innocent Moon", but the version heard in the game is longer and has an extra piano melody. I love it, but there's no way to rip it from the game without the dialogue from the cut scene interferring.

I don't think even [removed] has it on his site, anyone happen to come across this piece as just a standalone piece of music?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Jul 2006
Notes left: 227
Last seen at: Nuevo Leon, México
Track No. 25? Thought it was track 10.

Anyway at least it has more music from the game than the SH4 OST.

Still, they should have included the longer version of Lost Carol in the soundtrack.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

silenced angel wrote:
Track No. 25? Thought it was track 10.

Yes, you're right it is track No. 10 on the official soundtrack. The soundtrack I have is a more complete version and that particular track is actually placed at number 25.

Here's the music I was referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caD9Uyn80MM

It starts playing at the 2:43 mark. It's a wonderful piece and I hope it finds its way onto a Best Of album or something in the future, along with all the different versions of the SH2 theme and other such remixes.

C'MON Akira it's what the fans demand! :o

Post subject:

Damn you, Silent Evil, now I have to scour the Internet looking for that piano piece! That was so excellent!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

og2203 wrote:
Damn you, Silent Evil, now I have to scour the Internet looking for that piano piece! That was so excellent!

Let me save you the time, it's not anywhere to be found on the net. Not outside of the cut scene at least, believe me I've tried far and wide.

If that piece of music was its own seperate track on the game disc which happens to play during that cut scene, I'd have thought it would just be a matter of extracting it from the disc and converting it to MP3. However, it seems more likely that the music is part of the audio track of the cut scene itself meaning it would be virtually impossible to isolate the music from the dialogue that's mixed in with it.

Odd that only the beginning part of it was put on the soundtrack, but not the rest of it..........which is the best part. Then again, the same thing was done with "Not Tomorrow" on the SH1 soundtrack, so I guess I can't be too surprised about it. :?

Post subject:

Fungo over at shm.silenthillfever.com is able to rip the audio from several cutscenes. Apparently, she/he has ripped the audio from the church cutscenes at the end of SH3, but the particular part with the song isn't in any of the three clips. Maybe someone should contact him and ask if he would get that particular part, with or without the dialogue.

The clips I'm referring to, are Before Final Battle 01, 02a and 02b under the SH3->Voice/Cutscenes.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 May 2009
Notes left: 263
Last seen at: Indiana
There are places to get the unreleased music, but I can't mention where. They exist though! I notice, also, that after the first SH soundtrack, the further soundtracks became more conventional without a lot of the industrial/scary background music played when in-game. I think they wanted it to be more focused on the actual "listening music" than the in-game scary music.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Jul 2006
Notes left: 227
Last seen at: Nuevo Leon, México
I miss Joe Romersa's voice

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 06 Aug 2010
Notes left: 134
Last seen at: Brahms Police Department
i thought the third ost rocked, its one of the few i'll listen to beginning to end.

Missing since: 29 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2301
Kampfgruppe Haus wrote:
I should start this out by saying that I did like the soundtrack to SH3. However, it bothers me that a lot of the background music from the game didn't seem to make it on there. Most of what I heard was the music that played during the important cutscenes. A lot of good dark ambient and industrial stuff that you heard in the game got left out. Compare this to SH2's soundtrack, where every track from the game got on there. Is there some other source for the missing material?

sometimes only parts of songs are in the game.