Want to buy Soundtracks.

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent One
Gravedigger

Want to buy Soundtracks.

Post by Silent One »

What would be the best place to do this from? I think I've seen some on Amazon, and I have ordered a few things from them in the past, but I thought I'd ask the board to see if they have any alternatives.

I have no interest in downloading them. I'd prefer to have the actual disc/case in my possession like I do 3 and SM. :D
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Ah, GameStop gypped me out of my OST for Silent Hill 3! So I had to download that one.

I got SH2's OST from Amazon, and I'm quite pleased. You can probably find it cheaper on eBay, and although eBay is sometimes unreliable, I don't think someone would sell a Silent Hill OST that doesn't work.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

warfare315 wrote:Ah, GameStop gypped me out of my OST for Silent Hill 3! So I had to download that one.

I got SH2's OST from Amazon, and I'm quite pleased. You can probably find it cheaper on eBay, and although eBay is sometimes unreliable, I don't think someone would sell a Silent Hill OST that doesn't work.
I have little issue paying standard price for a CD, just as long as shipping charges don't screw me. Thank you. :D
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Geez! I just checked out Amazon, and MAN have the Silent Hill 2 OST prices gone up! For a physical CD, they are asking for around $40, which is more than I paid.

Here's an eBay link I found, looks reliable, and WAY cheaper than Amazon

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILENT-HILL-2-ORIGI ... 27ad7be421
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
strigoitsepesh
Just Passing Through

Post by strigoitsepesh »

I came into this forum to post this exact question. I should warn you, I bought the original 4 Silent Hill soundtracks off of ebay and only recently did I realize that they are all bootlegs. If that doesn't bother you, than ebay is the best place to go. The bootlegs are almost all the cheaper ones on there, and can be given away by a few ways, two of which are if the CD label is just a copy of the cover, and if the bootleg art looks slightly faded or blurred.
strigoitsepesh
Just Passing Through

Post by strigoitsepesh »

I'm sorry, I mean if the booklet art looks faded or blurred.
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

Unless you want the novelty of owning the official releases, just buy the bootlegs from Ebay. Considering the originals are out of print, and therefore any official copies will be bought second hand at ridiculous prices, you can buy the bootlegs fairly guilt free. Also, there's really no noticeable difference between the releases. Not in my experience, anyway.
nobody is anybody
strigoitsepesh
Just Passing Through

Post by strigoitsepesh »

Besides the differences in artwork, I agree with VIVIsect. There are no noticeable differences in audible quality.
minamihill
Just Passing Through

Post by minamihill »

The best way to acquire the official OST is http://www.play-asia.com/