My Silent Hill 2 AMV!!!

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

What other things would you like me to do?

Please stick to Silent Hill AMVs/GMVs ONLY
17%
Video Reviews of Silent Hill medias
17%
Play Throughs of Silent Hill games
33%
Other (please post)
33%

Total votes: 6

snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

My Silent Hill 2 AMV!!!

Post by snakesonaplane »

OK so like BACK STORY!

On Wednesday my Silent Hill BFFL and I were in the car and this song came on. WELL my friend wanted to change it cause she's like that and then I was like. OMG this is SO relatable to Silent Hill 2!

Then she said NU-UH! and I said UH-HU! Then she said NU-UH! and I said UH-HU! Then she said NU-UH! and I said UH-HU! Then she said NU-UH! and I said UH-HU! Then she said NU-UH! and I said UH-HU!

After a bit she was all OMG I SO see it and I said UH-HU!

The song you ask? Was Shontelle's Impossible.

Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSh0RdDCLQ4

PLEASE be kind! This is MY FIRST AMV EVER!

Please vote high, watch in HD, and leave nice comments!

I'm SO PLANNING other AMVs for the other Silent Hills!

EDIT:

PLEASE POST IDEAS ON AMV AND ANSWER POLL IF YOU WATCHED IT!

THANKS!
Last edited by snakesonaplane on 30 May 2010, edited 3 times in total.
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

HOLY SHIT.

THAT WAS WONDERFUL.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

If you take individual lines from the song out of context, I can see how they can relate to SH2, but the overall lyrics and meaning of the song is faaaar from SH2 and is not relatable to it at all.

The actual GMV (as in Game Music Video because SH2 is a game not an anime) is... well... awful. Perhaps it's because I normally just dislike the whole AMV thing in general unless it is really well done, but this is especially bad.

You should always want the tone of the song and the tone of the source material to work together, not clash. R&B Pop and SH2 just do not mix and should never be mixed. It doesn't fit, it just comes off as awkward and out of place. It's almost like a bad joke. Plus all the cheesy color effects and repeating scenes. It's not very good.

Keep trying, though. Just try and pick a better song next time, and lay off the overbearing color effects.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

^ doesn't get it.

this was touching.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

Thanks for the positive comment you guys.

I'm glad that my artist views are being understood! :D
Please view my Silent Hill 2 AMV!

NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

crucifix wrote:^ doesn't get it.

this was touching.
Explain, then?

I am pretty sure I get what they were going for. I just don't think it works.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

i am pretty sure you're taking this way too seriously.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

I'm not taking anything seriously. Since when was I not allowed to express dislike over something? I tried to be polite about it as possible, and I even encouraged them to continue making videos. But I'm not going to pretend I liked it if I didn't. Negative criticism can come really in handy, I was helping them out.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

it's obvious to me that snakesonaplane is a masterful troll.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

I think "masterful" is stretching it a bit. Heh heh. But, yes. Troll.
nobody is anybody
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

BAHAHA eddie was kinda funny, but seriously what the hell's goin on? :?
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

crucifix wrote:it's obvious to me that snakesonaplane is a masterful troll.
Ohhhh. No, I don't think so. It seems that way, but I am pretty sure it's not. He's 100% serious. A troll doesn't keep up it's act for over a year, nor put this much effort into it. It's legit.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

~MAJOR EDIT BELOW~

Just because my views on Silent Hill aren't cookie cutter like the rest of yours doesn't mean I'm trolling.

I made this AMV to show that it is possible for this music to be relatable to Silent Hill. I didn't expect anyone to automatically accept it and agree. It was something that was supposed to open the mind to the possibilities.

Sure in its current condition the song couldn't be in SH2. Yet with a little modification here and there it could. The song has a lot of roots in some of SH2s themes.

I do not appreciate being called a troll just because I view the series differently. That I open my mind past the norms of what the series is supposed to be. I like the Silent Hill series just as much as any here does. I just don't view some of it in the same way you all do.

Thank you for understanding.

EDIT HERE:

Ok... so my previous post might have been over the top.

But I do assure you that I am not a troll. These are my views on Silent Hill and just because they are not cookie cutter does not mean I am a troll.

I am happy so far by the responses from everyone here about my AMV. I am for sure sure doing more. In fact I am already in the planning stages for my next AMV.

What I can tell you so far is that this one is going to be different. I am going to be making a few that are not revolving around a game. Instead they will revolve around character(s). Also expect some tiny surprises in a few of them :wink: So expect more from me in about a months time!

In addition I am also looking into other forms of expression. I encourage everyone who has watched my video to PLEASE answer the poll I just posted.

I am also in the works of creating a survey of sorts to send to some random people (who have viewed and posted here at) for their opinions.

I am doing these projects not only to express my views on Silent Hill but also for you guys. Ultimately these videos are for your personal enjoyment. While I do want my opinions to be expressed I want you guys to like them. If you guys have noticed I did reference the forum here. I do believe that this is one of the better SH forums and I want others to know that.

So thank you for everything thus far.

LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

Not too bad, pretty good I say. It's not the best music vidoe I've seen, but very far from the worst. I loled at the part whenre the song kept saying "Impossible" while James was reaching for the key through the prison bars in Woodside Apartments.
*Insert Legendary signature here*
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

LSSJGamer wrote:Not too bad, pretty good I say. It's not the best music vidoe I've seen, but very far from the worst. I loled at the part whenre the song kept saying "Impossible" while James was reaching for the key through the prison bars in Woodside Apartments.
Thanks!

This was my first one =)

YEAH I liked how that all came out! Especially the end where the key got kicked. At that video point and the song point just matched up!