Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 15 Nov 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: New SILENT HILL comic coming...!

Missing since: 11 May 2007
Notes left: 126
Last seen at: San Diego, California, USA
Hey, my fellow SH fans, we at IDW have another SH comic book mini-series coming your way. Details can be found in this link (which includes a few surprises that relate to SH8):

http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/ftopict-13716.html

We're really excited about SILENT HILL: PAST LIFE and are hoping we can rely on your support and enthusiasm. We want to keep doing more SH stuff and the only way that can happen is if Comic Book Retailers know there is a demand for SH publications, productions, and merchandise from fans. Please go to http://www.comicshoplocator.com/ and find the comic book store nearest you and ask them to pre-order SILENT HILL: PAST LIFE, which is Diamond Order Code #AUG100356 (if you give them that info, they'll know exactly what to do).

Lots of great SH happenings on the horizon, my friends! I'm proud to be a part of it and always thankful for your continued and fantastic support. I've been busy talking Silent Hill: Past Life (and other surprises) at Comic-Con, so look for more cool news soon.

Thanks, everyone!

Tom Waltz
IDW Publishing

http://www.idwpublishing.com

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
It looks great!
Hope I can get my hands on it!

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4179
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Fantastic news, Tom. Looking forward to hearing more about the new installments.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2018 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 May 2010
Notes left: 34
Last seen at: Foggy Windsor
It's great that you're continuing the Silent Hill franchise. I liked SR. Looking forward to more !

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2007
Notes left: 847
Last seen at: alchemilia
I cannot wait! I read all the others and would love to see more.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jun 2010
Notes left: 65
Last seen at: Texas, USA
Awesome! As a recent devotee of the series, I've not yet had a chance to read any of the comics, but I've liked IDW's stuff in the past, so this ought to be a real treat.

Has this come across Previews yet? I just checked the one for this month and didn't see it listed.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7988
Last seen at: Nowhere
You know, I'll be honest with you guys.

At first I thought that the SH comics were a silly thing. But I was wrong. The art (drawings and stuff), they are amazing, for example. Sorry about what I thought but that was way before.

Best of luck with your projects, guys. Keep 'em coming. Thanks for keeping the series alive by using other "devices". 8)

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Dec 2008
Notes left: 678
Question: Will the monster's in this, be generic ghouls/oversexualized monsters or will they actually be unique?
I liked Sinner's Reward, but the use of such overused elements such as the Nurses and if I remember correctly, Pyramid Head (which, didn't make any real sense), killed some of it for me.

I'm not trying to be rude, because I genuinely liked the comics on various steps, I just have had this question in mind.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 May 2007
Notes left: 126
Last seen at: San Diego, California, USA
_Drake_ wrote:
Question: Will the monster's in this, be generic ghouls/oversexualized monsters or will they actually be unique?
I liked Sinner's Reward, but the use of such overused elements such as the Nurses and if I remember correctly, Pyramid Head (which, didn't make any real sense), killed some of it for me.

I'm not trying to be rude, because I genuinely liked the comics on various steps, I just have had this question in mind.

~Drake

Great question, Drake! Answer: All new monsters, specific to this story (and Menton3's designs are awesome!). For the record, I absolutely agree with you about Pyramid Head being a wrong move on my part in Sinner's Reward. In retrospect, I wouldn't have included him. The nurses I don't regret, as we were using Brookhaven Hospital and I felt they fit in well in the scene they appeared, but PH was shoehorned in, so to speak, and wasn't really needed.

Like I said, though, no PH or nurses in Past Life, and look for preview images of one of the new creatures soon.

Thanks for all your support and interest! It's been a great weekend at Comic Con, with lots of nice folks showing real excitement about Past Life, SH8, and Silent Hill in general.

Tom Waltz

http://www.idwpublishing.com

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
^Thank you for keeping the Silent Hill franchise alive in such a cool way!

I'm so excited about the fact that we'll see Silent Hill's past, it is a little dream come true.
I have really positive expectations for the comic book and the new Silent Hill game, and I hope that you'll keep exploring the Town's past like that in the future.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Dec 2008
Notes left: 678
TomWaltz wrote:
_Drake_ wrote:

~Drake

Great question, Drake! Answer: All new monsters, specific to this story (and Menton3's designs are awesome!). For the record, I absolutely agree with you about Pyramid Head being a wrong move on my part in Sinner's Reward. In retrospect, I wouldn't have included him. The nurses I don't regret, as we were using Brookhaven Hospital and I felt they fit in well in the scene they appeared, but PH was shoehorned in, so to speak, and wasn't really needed.

Like I said, though, no PH or nurses in Past Life, and look for preview images of one of the new creatures soon.

Thanks for all your support and interest! It's been a great weekend at Comic Con, with lots of nice folks showing real excitement about Past Life, SH8, and Silent Hill in general.

Tom Waltz

Ah, awesome! thanks for answering this for me, I hope to see some pretty sweet designs, perhaps a Coyote inspired hound-beast?

The only issue I had with the Nurses, was that they looked a bit generic (I.E. Sexy, like James's, Heather's, Alex's, and Travis's) If they had looked something else, say like in scrubs or torn scrubs, I would've been fine with them. I don't hate Nurses, I just don't like the overuse of a portrayal that has past.

Once again, I thank you and I wish you the best.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jul 2010
Notes left: 11
Quote:
http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/ftopict-13716.html

This link gives me an error:

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/horrorne/public_html/db/db.php on line 88

???

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Nov 2009
Notes left: 791
Last seen at: Lakeview hotel, Observation room
Sounds great, I hope I can get my hands on it when it does come out. It sounds fantastic so far. I do really hope there is more SH related merchandise/production on the horizon, as I can't ever get enough of Silent Hill.

Good luck to ya. :mrgreen:

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Aug 2009
Notes left: 556
Last seen at: Shropshire, UK
looking forward to it Tom :)

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
This whole thing reeks of one thing...: Reincarnation.

The image got to me, and the title "Past Life" made me wonder about how you will introduce a character from the 1800's in a modern setting, then I realized that reincarnation or flashbacks must be some part of the game and comic. Am I correct? :D

I can't wait, teehee.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jun 2010
Notes left: 43
Last seen at: Kentucky, US
I'm really excited for this. Agreed about the reincarnation idea; it struck me when I saw the title, too. Hope we get to see even more SH comic offerings in the future!

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 363
Last seen at: Singapore
I can't get it...
There's no store in Singapore (that I know of) which sells western comics... :cry:
I really want to read it! I collect mangas, and I want to collect western comics, it's difficult to find it in Singapore...
Unless I order it from Amazon... but I don't have any way to pay it so... :|

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: New SILENT HILL comic coming...!

Missing since: 18 Sep 2007
Last seen at: France-Sweden
Quote:
The only issue I had with the Nurses, was that they looked a bit generic (I.E. Sexy, like James's, Heather's, Alex's, and Travis's) If they had looked something else, say like in scrubs or torn scrubs, I would've been fine with them. I don't hate Nurses, I just don't like the overuse of a portrayal that has past.

I agree with Tom on Pyramid Head. Plus, I always had problems seeing him (PH not Tom) in open air, but that's my personal opinion.
For the nurses, as Tom said, we're in the Brookhaven Hospital, so it had to be nurses, and for their look, well as you said it, they're generic characters from all the episodes of the game, so in my opinion, it made more sense to keep the same design. Plus,them beeing sexy is part of the Silent Hill universe (as well as the other sexual references). We tried to go on with this tradition, as the new monsters in Sinner's Reward, for example, are couples having sex if you look close enough.
But I also agree with you. Some more destroyed nurses would have been cool too.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 11 Aug 2010
Notes left: 30
Hi again Tom, long time no see! :wink:

Nice to hear that you were able to release another Silent Hill comic after all. I seem to remember just after the last issue of Sinner's Reward shipped that you said you were talking to Konami about another Silent Hill storyline you were hoping to release. Is Past Life that same story, or is this something new? I also recall that Sinner's Reward was originally slated to be six issues long, but you were forced to cut the story down to four - have you faced similar restrictions this time round?

Very impressive artwork from the very impressively titled Menton J Matthews III, looking at his portofolio I can see why he was chosen - but I must admit it's a little sad not to see Steph Stamb return. As you may recall, I was very impressed with his composition and application in the last series and wondered if he was considered for a return?

Either way, I look forward to seeing the results and hope you're doing well these days.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 18 Sep 2007
Last seen at: France-Sweden
Thanks Ulrike. I'd be the happiest to go back on Silent Hill... So let's keep fingers crossed...