Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Nov 2017

Post subject: New "Silent Hill: Past Life" Interview

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=27818

Sounds promising. Waltz's last SH mini was the only decent SH comic, and it sounds like they're going to actually try to make this fit with the Wiltse Coal Mine/Toluca Prison canon.

Also an interesting tidbit in that Waltz is apparently writing Silent Hill 8 as well.

By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: New "Silent Hill: Past Life" Interview

Missing since: 19 Jul 2007
Notes left: 5077
You didn't already know that, Droo?

Anyway, it's a nice interview and I liked the way Waltz described what was going on in mid-19th. In many ways, I'm looking forward to this. For starters, the artwork is excellent. One of my biggest complaints of the Silent Hill comics (namely, the early ones) was that the art style absolutely didn't work for what kind of a story Silent Hill is. It was too "artsy," it was impossible to tell what was happening, and it was pushing the monstrosity of the characters too obviously... how are we supposed to question whether those strange people we meet are monstrous when they already look like monsters?

But this art, I think it's marvelous.

Oh, and before anyone else says it: Union soldier targeting reticule? :P

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
I didn't even know until this morning that this was coming out.

By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 Jan 2009
Notes left: 648
There goes my theory about the Sect of the Holy Way... Oh well. Sounds interesting, although a bit too similar to his previous work the Sinner's Reward.

The art is interesting though. Didn't realize that "no faceless sexy nurses" means "we'll replace them with sexy faceless native girls", oh well, I still haven't seen nothing yet so I can't judge. Looking forward to it.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if I got this right, is he saying that the Sect of the Holy way broke away from the Order in nineteenth century and moved to Shepherd's Glenn? I'm not sure if that makes sense,
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Holloway talks about returning to the faith the founder abandoned, while she's running the Sect of the Holy Way in Shepherd's Glenn. However If the founders abandoned Silent Hill to start the Sect of the Holy Way, nothing Holloway says makes sense. So that leaves us with three possibilities, Tom is wrong and the SHW is a newly founded thing, a reaction to the botched sacrifice ritual and SG's decay to the otherworld. Or Margaret is insane and everything that comes out of her mouth is gibberish. Or she actually isn't talking about returning to the faith her founders abandoned, the "true" faith as she calls it, but to the old ways of getting things done (convert or die, mainly).