Which Silent Hill Comic Did You Read First?

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

What was your first SH comic?

Dying Inside
25%
Among The Damned
No votes
Paint It Black
No votes
The Grinning Man
No votes
Hunger
No votes
Sinner's Reward
75%
Past Life
No votes

Total votes: 8

Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Which Silent Hill Comic Did You Read First?

Post by Shadow »

Pretty much what is says in the title. Which Silent Hill comic did you read first and what did you think of it?

For me, my first was Sinner's Reward. After reading about the comics on the wiki, I thought I might like to get one sometime, and if I was going to get one, it would be Sinner's Reward. Fast forward to today and whilst christmas shopping with some friends I went into a comic store and brought a copy of Sinner's Reward.

Having just finished it, I think Sinner's Reward is very interesting. I'm definitely going to reread it again soon, but at the moment, my head's swimming with way too many thoughts on it's story to do justice to a reread (even though I read about the ending on the wiki, Sinner's Reward still managed to bring out the weapons the games love so much - the mindscrew and the punch to the gut. Rereading now would dampen both.)

So, anyone else care to share what their first SH comic was and their thoughts on it?
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Re: Which Silent Hill Comic Did You Read First?

Post by Kenji »

Unfortunately, my first exposure to Silent Hill comics was the digital version of Dying Inside featured in The Silent Hill Experience for PSP.

To understate, it was

Everything, from the horrible art to the horrible writing, made it an absolute chore to get through. It certainly didn't help with my apathy toward comics in general, and especially didn't make me want to read any more Silent Hill comics.

Thankfully, the last two (Sinner's Reward and Past Life) seem to be quality... but I'm still not much of a comic reader, so it's really hard to get motivated about reading them.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I read Silent Hill: Sinner's Reward last Friday. It was a pretty enjoyable read, although it was a bit short (don't know if that's typical of comics or not). I also didn't like Pyramid Head's cameo, but no harm done I guess.

I'm gonna probably try to find the other Silent Hill comics even though I've heard less-than-favorable reviews of all the others (except Past Life).
TotalObelisk
Just Passing Through

Post by TotalObelisk »

First read Sinner's Reward last year and have picked up Past Life now as well...

Steering weeeell clear of Scott Ciencin's stuff...

A Silent Hill fan-fiction I plan to turn into a comic and I'm keen to get feedback so I can improve the story before then.
There were many drawbacks to being a swordsman, not least of which was that men didn't take you seriously until you'd actually killed them, by which time it didn't really matter anymore

~Terry Pratchet, The Light Fantastic
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Past Life.

It is the best SH comic ever.