Silent Hill 1 OST help!

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Diabolic Dreams
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 1 OST help!

Post by Diabolic Dreams »

Im seeking to own a copy of the japan SH 1 soundtrack, the konami labled version. Ebay is a fruitless attempt then I seen that amazon has some for sale, yet I cant view the item to tell if its just a cheap bootleg. I dont trust giving my money torwards an item (especially SH stuff) that I cant view or be certain of. Anyone here ever purchased the OST from amazon? Are they the real deal or just overpriced bootlegs. How can I tell?
The best of nothing left...
Diego_Reynoso
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hill 1 OST help!

Post by Diego_Reynoso »

Hi there!

You can try checking http://www.rinkya.com from time to time, i've seen 2, maybe 3 copies of that soundtrack (SH1 Japanese OST, catalog no. KICA 7950) for sale... It was expensive as hell but well, i guess it worths it... Hope that helps! :)
Diabolic Dreams
Just Passing Through

Im a regular on Rinkya myself and Ive seen them from time to time, but I just dont like the hassle of their program nor the extra expenses. I may have to break down and use it to get this harder to find stuff though.
Diego_Reynoso
Just Passing Through

Post by Diego_Reynoso »

Diabolic Dreams wrote:I may have to break down and use it to get this harder to find stuff though.
Sadly, seems to be the only way my friend :(... I've been searching for it for a few years now, unfortunately like i said, every single one i've seen is in Yahoo JP and also, they are EXPENSIVE as hell and if you sum all the extra expenses of Rinkya to that, well, is completely out of my budget...

It's really rare but i've never seen one of those on eBay, i saw many European ones but none Japanese ones...
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

You should go to Whitney's website. She should be able to either sell one to you, or point you in the right direction:
http://silenthillcollection.com/
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Diabolic Dreams
Just Passing Through

I just managed to win a euro version of it, complete with sleeve and all. It's a welcomed addition yet my soundtrack collection doesn't feel complete until I have the Japan version sitting with the rest of them. How tough is rinkya to set up and use? I know its more costly but for that soundtrack would be worth it.
Diego_Reynoso
Just Passing Through

Post by Diego_Reynoso »

helldescent wrote:You should go to Whitney's website. She should be able to either sell one to you, or point you in the right direction:
http://silenthillcollection.com/
As far as i know (seen), the soundtracks Whitney owns are bootlegs, not the Japanese ones, and she also uses Rinkya a lot, she's the one who told me to search there in the first place! :P (Thank you Whitney!)
Diabolic Dreams wrote:I just managed to win a euro version of it
Excellent! I guess you won the copy i saw in ebay.es a few days back, congratulations! I'm like (almost) in the same situation, those 2 soundtracks are like the corner stones of my collection, i MUST get them someday...
Diabolic Dreams
Just Passing Through

Yep, that was the only SH1 soundtrack on ebay so I'm sure its the same one. Though I paid a bit more then what I expected (damn snipers). Lol. I also managed to get the SH3 limited edition promo soundtrack just hours before I won the SH1 soundtrack. My wallet is screaming at me right now!
Diego_Reynoso
Just Passing Through

Post by Diego_Reynoso »

Diabolic Dreams wrote:My wallet is screaming at me right now!
Lol! I hear you, man! :P I mean, last December i bought 3 European Soundtracks (SH2, 3 and 4. 2 and 3 haven't reached me yet btw...), a Japanese SH2 for PS2 and i have the Silent Hill Sounds Box pre-ordered in CD Japan! Who said being a collector was an "easy" (or cheap) thing? Lol.