Art of Silent Hill & Lost Memories DVDs - Value / rarity?

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

16bitFil
Just Passing Through

Art of Silent Hill & Lost Memories DVDs - Value / rarity?

Post by 16bitFil »

Hi all.

Apologies if there is a thread discussing this specifically, but when I tried searching I got a message back saying that the words "art", "of", "silent", "hill" and "DVD" were all too common for a search (not surprising, really).
I had a manual scan through the board but didn't find anything specifically on this topic that way either.

Anyway, I'm just looking to find out how rare the Art of Silent Hill and Lost Memories DVDs are, and what the going rate is for each of them (in used but excellent/near-mint condition).

I'm not actually selling them (yet, anyway), so I'm not trying to solicit offers or pre-advertise an ebay listing or anything like that. I am seriously considering it though, and I would like to know exactly what they're worth before I make a decision.

I bought each of these brand new from cdjapan shortly after they were released. I've watched them both once or twice but otherwise they've been untouched and well cared for. All inserts are present and they're both in their original cases (The Art of Silent Hill one has a distinctively shaped disk tray).

I've had a search on ebay and can currently find one copy of Art of Silent Hill for $160 (£100) and one copy of Lost Memories for the staggeringly optimistic price of $380 (£237).
(EDIT: Just found another copy of AoSH on ebay for $110 in the US but as far as I can tell from the photo it's not in it's original case.)

I'm not taking the Lost Memories price as a realistic indicator of value (but please correct me if I'm wrong!) but I'm wondering if the Art of Silent Hill one is nearer the mark?

So, can anyone tell me what each of these is generally worth these days? I was also under the impression that AoSH was harder to find than LM. Can anyone tell me if that's true?

Thanks a lot!
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Art of Silent Hill & Lost Memories DVDs - Value / rarity

Post by peronmls »

I know you can find copies of the DVD way less than that on Amazon JP
16bitFil
Just Passing Through

Re: Art of Silent Hill & Lost Memories DVDs - Value / rarity

Post by 16bitFil »

Thanks a lot. Just had a look at those.
As far as I can tell, the ones in near-mint condition start at around $110-$120 before shipping on there. Is that much different from what people would pay in the US or UK?