What do you think of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's songs?

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

What do you think of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's songs?

Post by J. Quinzelle »

It could be my brain playing games, but I recall reading some people not liking the songs with McGlynn. Personally, I love the songs with her. I have a playlist exclusive to her. My favorite songs are Room of Angel and One More Soul to the Call. But the margin is small. I love all her songs.

How about you?
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: What do you think of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's songs?

Post by Tabris »

Absolutely love and adore her songs. All of them. They were also amazing as hell live in person (especially Room of Angel).

But the thing is, when I listen to the OSTs, I always end up skipping them for the instrumentals. As much as I LOVE the songs, I find instrumentals far easier listening over and over again.

When she first came along in SH3, there as per usual with Silent Hill, an absolute uproar about vocals being in the music though. But that happens with everything with this series.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: What do you think of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's songs?

Post by phantomess »

I wouldn't say I love her songs, but I like them alright. My favorite vocal tracks from the soundtracks are actually Romersa's- Hometown and Cradle of Forest. Well, unless you count Rain of Brass Petals three voices edit. Ha, I guess McGlynn's songs are low on my preference list as far as SH tracks go, but I do like them to a degree.