Silent Hill anime

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

Maria looks cool too... Lisa seems more to have come out from a hentai spin-off of the series instead :?

A Silent Hill anime should be made very very accurately to be a good one... I agree with who thinks that's not the best media to fit SH in.
[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
Void
Just Passing Through

Post by Void »

Wonderful piece, the artist certainly knows about those games (Douglas in boxers! Dahliah puckering up!). Nurse Eileen and Lisa look adorable together, and Harry looks like a total bad-ass now! A few questions though; why is Angela carrying two boxes in the upper right, and who is beside Dr. Kaufmann in bed in the lower left? And finally, do you know who the artist is, and if (s)he has a website/gallery?

In regards to a Silent Hill anime:

Has anyone seen Elfen Lied? The most psychologically devestating work of fiction I have ever known, and horrifically visceral too, with tons of emotion poured in for good measure. The people who made that anime series can easily pull off putting the Silent Hill series on screen. The stories and underlying themes share many characteristics.

And Berserk is a consistantly dark and morbid anime as well. The protagonists Guts and Griffith are deadly anti-heroes slowly spiraling deeper into their own personal hells (though not literally). The two-part finale in the blood-soaked plane of Nexus (wherein my avatar reigns!) could easily fit in the context of Silent Hill's otherworld, down to the last animation cell, without a doubt.

I say, combine the writing/directing team behind Elfen Lied with the animators of Berserk, and you've got your Silent Hill anime ready to go.
[color=purple]The God Hand and Silent Hill pantheons will be hosting a pot luck dinner during the next bi-centennial Eclipse, in addition to Void's regularaly scheduled Sacrificial Ceremony for a newly anointed Apostle. Inquire for directions to Nexus of Existance, if needed.[/color] [b][color=red]All beings of questionable benefit for humanity are welcome to attend. No human [i]guests[/i], please; [i]prey[/i] only.[/color][/b][i][color=green] Valtiel to provide highly appreciated guest services and salad.[/color][/i]
Watchdog
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hill anime

Post by Watchdog »

gamewiz90 wrote:I was so amazed because of it and then it made me think, "Someday, they should make a Silent Hill anime tv series.
They absolutely 100% should not.

I like the picture, though.
boilingwater17
Just Passing Through

Post by boilingwater17 »

Harry Mason with a katana, Yay! Don't know why, but I always felt that the 1st silent hill is the best! The picture's nice!
The Last Samurai " Bushido: Way of the Warrior"
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

Here's another one. I'm going to browse and 4chan and look for more stuff like this.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
Magdalene

Post by Magdalene »

Void wrote:A few questions though; why is Angela carrying two boxes in the upper right, and who is beside Dr. Kaufmann in bed in the lower left? And finally, do you know who the artist is, and if (s)he has a website/gallery?
1. She's not holding two boxes, they're actually television sets. Referring to the part in silent hill 2 where
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
James has to kill the very first Abstract Daddy in the labyrinth. After killing it Angela picks a TV off of her bedside table and throws it on the figure.
2. I was wondering that myself. I thought it was Walter in the background behind the curtain, so that confused me.

3. No one knows yet. But a few people are looking.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I don't so much think that there should be a Silent Hill animated series as much as I just want to see more art like this. 8)

My favorite part of that pic is Henry. He's showing... emotion! *gasp* Really though, I love his expression. And Laura's just downright adorable, and Heather looks so spunky! Harry does look badass, but also kinda bony... Somebody get that man a twinkie! :P

Void: I may just have to see Elfen Lied now. 8)
Heather
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather »

I agree with JurDawn; art like this is fantastic.

I especially like the little Alessa and Claudia pulling Vincent along in the top left hand corner! Is it me, or does it look like Walter is raping that corpse behind the curtain. :shock:
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3387/newsh2nk0.png[/img]
Heather Boosiud
Just Passing Through

Post by Heather Boosiud »

I don't know about a series for /TV/, but if it was in that kind of style..it would be great.

I'm talking crap, sorry. XD
But yeah, I love the picture. *sets to desktop bg*
[url=http://owl.cubeshack.co.uk][img]http://owl.cubeshack.co.uk/owl_angela.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.psychoassassin.deviantart.com]DA Account[/url]
FoxDie
Just Passing Through

Post by FoxDie »

MAN!! Harry looks hardcore but I think the artist did a poor job on Dougles.....hes really FAT
Everyone has killed an hour. Not casually or without thought but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.The violence comes from a combinations of giving up, and the resignation that getting past it is all you can accomplish. When at last it is over there is no evidence: no weapon, no blood, and no body. The only clue might be the shadow under your eyes or the line in the corner of your mouth indicating that something has been suffered, that in the privacy of your life you have lost something and the loss is to empty to share.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I'm pretty sure Walter is disemboweling the corpse (like in a certain cutscene). As for Douglas, he's not exactly fit in the game, and he's not terribly fat in that pic. He's kinda just drawn at a weird angle; his back's kind of arched. If anything, his legs look way too skinny...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

LOL i can see it now thanks for fixing it i love the one with henry and the holly candle and saint madalion even tjough it makes him look like a lil b*tch
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

You should check out some anime like

Blood: The last Vampire
Witch Hunter Robin
Serial Experiments Lain (although not actually scary, it is really out there in terms of atmosphere)EDIT: And story. And that live action scene with the creepy little "Grain" character scared me pretty bad...
Hellsing

Not all anime is that cutesy crap.
Hells yeah!! :mrgreen: And it's already been mentioned, but it's worth mentioning again: Elfen Lied. :shock: ... Fuck "Inu Yasha" and that Hello Kitty crap!

Great picture! That's goin' on my desktop, absolutely!
Anyway: If they could do it right, I'd love an SH anime. Maybe directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop)? The style he used in his Animatrix additions had a great feel to them that would be just beast for SH...

^And I gotta admit, I love how much that pic makes Henry look like a total pussy. That just makes me smile everytime I see it.
Last edited by lain of the wired on 26 Jun 2006, edited 1 time in total.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Atimus
Just Passing Through

Post by Atimus »

I love the picture! Everyone in it has thier own charm from the games.
Mary is the one in the sickbed and Kaufmann is sitting next to her while they both check out Walter doing his work to some unfortunate victim. All the protagonists look awesome!

I would watch a Silent hill anime if they pulled it off. I'd only hope it would be the serious and crazy kind though.
gamewiz90
Just Passing Through

Post by gamewiz90 »

[/quote]
Great picture! That's goin' on my desktop, absolutely!
Anyway: If they could do it right, I'd love an SH anime. Maybe directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop)? The style he used in his Animatrix additions had a great feel to them that would be just beast for SH...[/quote]

~~~~HELLZ YEAH :twisted: 8) !!!!~~~~ U r sooooo right. Out of all of them, Shinichiro Watanabe would be the best director for the new series because of his great work! :mrgreen:
Sorry, i'm taken. (Just in case if you were interested)
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

Although, I disagree with the TV Anime series. It seems like almost all Anime deals with cute bunnies and romance scenes. I doubt an anime series would be able to create a picture of a death/nightmarish world that actually made the viewers tremble.
Not true! You guys forget to mention the Boogiepop Phantom series. Weirdest, and darkest anime I have ever seen. They actually made a movie out of it, in Japan. I really think they could achieve alot of things, if they did happen to make Silent hill an Anime Series, and I think it would work. Not only is Silent Hill scary, but it's also a phsychological mind-fuck, excuse my french, that really gets you thinking, and forces you to come up with your own theories, unless of course you have access to the Translated Memories book, not that it explains everything, but it does clear up alot.
Anyways, I would so buy the whole series if it does turn into an Anime series, it'd be the best one out there. The only thing I'd want them, or no, that they would have to do, is put Team Silent in there, for the storyline, and Akira Yamaoka for the music...They should 'NOT' make some cheesy/Cute opening, with Kawaii music playing. Keep it dark, and moody. And make Hometown or something, the opening, oh and also, ORIGINAL VOICES as well, huge parts of the series, that should be in the Anime. I'd hate to hear different people playing James or Heather's voice, it wouldn't work out too well. Oh and also, they should switch to different people, with their own story, in every other episode, or season. Now if they did all that, well, I'd be one giddy person for the rest of my life.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/fass007/h_sig.jpg[/img]
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

Wow, this is amazing. I can't say I'd be happy with an anime series, but a manga series would be great. Not like those shit comics that are already out. Something done by this guy or girl.
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

Man, an anime or manga would be kickass. A TV series probably wouldn't fly...perhaps something directly released to DVD would work better, since the subject matter isn't really TV friendly. But I'd rather have a manga. I'd love to see more artists' takes on the SH universe.
Anonymous

Re: Silent Hill anime

Post by Anonymous »

gamewiz90 wrote:When I was searching for a new Silent Hill backround for my computer, I spotted this awesome picture:

I was so amazed because of it and then it made me think, "Someday, they should make a Silent Hill anime tv series. Starting from number 1 through number 5. That would be so awesome if they actually made the anime tv series :D , although they would have to finish Silent Hill 5 in order to make the tv series. But anyways, I just wanna share this awesome anime pic of all the Silent Hill characters. 8)

If ur gonna deny this topic, I don't care, go ahead if u must. I just like to share cool stuff with people. :)
that pic's awesome
Agahnim
Just Passing Through

Post by Agahnim »

I would kill anyone who tries to turn Silent Hill into a childish Anime. I'm sorry but Silent Hill deals with more realisim than cutesy giant google-eyed people and animals. If people want to make Silent Hill an anime, make it as their own personal fanart. I do find some of the anime fanarts of Silent Hill quite humorous. I mean, who can resist silly shit like this:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/32425550/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/17697826/
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Agahnim/Banners/Agahnimcopy.jpg[/img]
Thanks XxMAGGOTxX for the awsome sig.