Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Oct 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2006
Notes left: 680
Last seen at: Dear Dirty Dublin
The biggest thing you're going to have to worry about if they do make it, is which studio is going to do the animation production. Then, if it is made, and assuming that Sony doesn't automattically get it, which English company is going to licence it. I worry too much about the dialouge as well, it just can't be done. Also you have to worry about the voice actors for the dub, are they going to be real voice actors, assuming none of the games are turned into an anime, or just movie stars brought in to get money who never will be able to voice act in their life.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Nov 2005
Notes left: 7
Magdalene wrote:
Although, I disagree with the TV Anime series. It seems like almost all Anime deals with cute bunnies and romance scenes. I doubt an anime series would be able to create a picture of a death/nightmarish world that actually made the viewers tremble.

I disagree with that since there are plently of dark animes out. Just take a look at things like higurashi no naku koro ni. *twitch* (although if you watch only the first ep you might think it was nothing but cute, but it's not…)

Any way, even though I do love anime I don’t really think Silent Hill would fit as an anime.
I guess it could work, it dose have potential. Also if they ever did make an anime I'd be right there waiting for a fan sub group to sub it. But I'd also be very worried, very worried indeed. (just like how I was worried about how the movie was going to turn out)

Last edited by Victim13 on 13 Jul 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 May 2006
Notes left: 47
Last seen at: Chandler, AZ
Heathers_Guy14 wrote:
You do realize that not all anime is childish and silly. Some of it is dark and serious.

Or how about as dark and serious as that one anime movie "Karas"? That movie was pretty good for a dark anime movie, don't u think? Maybe the Silent Hill anime series can be as dark as "Karas".

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 May 2006
Notes left: 474
Last seen at: MA
I love that picture!!! I wish I could draw like that.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 4658
Last seen at: My Slinky! My cuddly little pet Slinky! *sobs*
That would be a good studio for it- Manga Video. Everything they do is creepy/dark. They did the GiTS movies, didn't they?

BACK FROM THE DEAD, BITCHES

Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 2246
Manga Video is just a distributer.

The production team for the Ghost In The Shell movies is Production I.G.

Post subject:

^Um... no. I'm lookin' at the box for the GitS first movie, and there's the li'l Manga Video crest. Right there in the bottom left corner. It's produced by Manga Entertainment. And producers are the ones responsible for pretty much everything, so... they decide what stories to animate, subcontract animation studios, directors, voice directors and whatnot, who then decide who to cast and who to hire. So my point remains valid- they've produced some really dark storylines and really well animated movies, so they'd be a good choice.

And I'm fairly sure that IG was involved with the production studio. The producers were Kodansha and Manga Entertainment.

Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 2246
Sorry about that mistake:
http://www.production-ig.co.jp/contents ... index.html
It was a joint thing with Kodansha, Manga Entertianment and Bandai Visual for the first one.

I just meant that the studio that did the actual animating process was IG is all.
Bad word choices.

Guess I shoulda trusted a member with an anime-reference as their screen name more. haha

Back to the topic:

I don't think Silent Hill would work well as an animation series simply because the experience includes working (I'm not saying neccesarily making theories and stuff) to get to progress the story and development.

Post subject:

It's kinda like what went wrong with the ending in the movie. [spoiler]Bosses are only cool when you fight them, and only really scary when they're comin' after you. So the fact that she neither fought nor were you, the viewer, feeling attacked in some manner, so...[/spoiler]
What'cha gonna do? The only reason people would want to see this as an anime, I think, is because we're all obsessed with SH, and the closer we can get to the source of our madness, the happier we are. Plus, who doesn't love those crazeh monster designs?

It's ok. It just shows how pathetic I be, that I know this stuff so well... :oops:

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 477
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! that 1st picture i was looking all over trying to find it again and its here yay!!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Jun 2006
Notes left: 60
japanese people are weird :roll: :? :shock:

and heres my series: ME figuring out you make a joke!

:( :| :? :shock: :) :o :D :lol:

Post subject:

^...What the fuck are you talking about? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT??

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 2703
Last seen at: UK
^I don't understand a word he just typed. :?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 May 2006
Notes left: 47
Last seen at: Chandler, AZ
Hey dudes and dudets, just postin another cool lookin Silent Hill anime pic for the hell of of it. 8) ^_^

***(ghost in the shell animation)*** (if u can't see it because it's too small,
copy the pic and paste it on paint or
somethin like that)

Post subject:

It looks ok. Heather looks a tad butchy in my opinion. And is Douglas like... ripped? Meh, I prefer the other picture.

Post subject:

Um... even if we copy and paste, to magnify it just makes it all pixel-y. Don't you have a link or something? It's too blurry to really make out much at such a small size...

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Notes left: 652
Last seen at: San Luis Obispo, CA
I have that picture, got it from 4chan.

Here

Post subject:

Thanky, swedish.
Mmm... nope. Douglas is way too buff. It's like that game-mag cover from when SH2 first came out... remember how buff James was? Freakin' Ahnold look alike!

EDIT: I meant James. Um... my bad. :oops:

Last edited by lain of the wired on 20 Jul 2006, edited 1 time in total.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Notes left: 652
Last seen at: San Luis Obispo, CA
lain of the wired wrote:
It's like that game-mag cover from when SH first came out... remember how buff Harry was? Freakin' Ahnold look alike!

Don't forget the game mag cover of James too.

Post subject:

Anybody have the cover with Harry? I saw the one with James, but I'm curious to see how Harry looks buff. And nevermind about Heather, not butchy at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next