SH5 EGM SCANS new pics and info plus Alex's face!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Salem
Just Passing Through

Post by Salem »

It does not inspire confidence in me that the words, "Buffy the vampire slayer" were included in the article. ><

Other than that the screen shots look pretty damn sweet. I'm dubious of the new "american" style. I haven't seen many good american horror movies come out in the last decade.
"Salem, you are wrong. You are wrong because you are seeing it from a different point of view."- Someone on another forum.

But yeah... that pretty much sums me up.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Yeah I agree, Buff the vanpire slayer was a bit corny.. however, Konami is behind the scenes somewhat in this game..they're still somewhat overseeing this project. so I dont think they would let these new developer screw up the series too badly.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Post by StinkBomber »

If they do, they'll rip it right out of their hands like they did to Origins. ^
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

Glazarus wrote:Silent Hill 5 doesn't have so heavily fancy graphics compared to games like Mass Effects, Killzone 2, Crysis, Rage etc. Next gen, especially on PS3 isn't fully up to it's power yet. The ps3 uses around 20% of it's capacity.

I don't think these scans are soooo good. They are ok, but not more then that.
If you don't agree, look at HD trailers for the games I mentioned.

Then again you are exaggerating. I mean what are you expecting here?? 1st you have mentioned SHV went too far in hi tech mumbo jumbo and now this? True, its not gonna be best looking game ever but it does look ok'ish for a so called 'next gen' standards. Also, comparing this game to Crysis, is almost like unfair, as Crysis is using DirectX 10.0 rendering, a technology which will be present probably on new Xbox & PS as none of current gen consoles is hardware ready for that.
RedPyramidThing
Just Passing Through

Post by RedPyramidThing »

Almost any game looks better in motion than in a screen-shot. Also factor in that the game has at least another year left in development (if not longer), and the fact that these were magazine scans, rather than uploaded screens, and I think it is safe to say, SHV will look better than what you see here... which is pretty amazing as it is.
Some fear death. Others pray for it.
deez
Just Passing Through

Post by deez »

Im loving it. Its giving the psycological trip theyve been wanting and *(from what i read) is going to make it terrofiying in a way I pervcieved similar to part one. One of main concerns heard is that it bight be a bright game, but please dont do it we need the darkness. Ill never forget my first midwich experience pitch dark with mumblers cumming at u. Two things similar to the first one there doing is the faster smarter enemies that can now kik a door down. Now thats gonna make for some intese fright scenes. And the one that gets me really excited is a new system of moral choices (although not new, it was used in sh1 with the fight with cybil) that effect the outcome. I love this idea, cause i dont like the system of getting endings in sh2-4 so this is a very welcome change. So hoppfully the sh2 fans can get there psycological freak outs like in pt2 and i can gt my freaked the hell out, im pissing my pants truly terrified and frightednd of pt 1. The only thing that worries me is that im still not sure if there gonna have it pitch black or not

You think your excited, feel these nippls
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

Silent Hill 3 was one of the best looking games on the market when it came out.
Comparing graphic engines between games like Silent Hill and crysis/killzone 2 etc. is quite possible. The graphic engine doesn't have a thing to do with what type of game it is. Even so, seeing Crysis being better looking AND utilize complex effects, lightning, large scale areas etc etc, makes it clear that Silent Hill 5 isn't very "next gen". The previous Silent Hills have been granted 10:s in magazines. They exist on the same level as any other top game at the time... Silent Hill 5 must seriously be on par with current next gen games, or else it will loose it's next gen label. Silent Hill isn't the run of the mill game that I feel you talk about, it's supposed to live up to the franchise and that means that this game must look good, both in an artistic way and a technical.

People SHOULD critisize Silent Hill 5. If people, especially fans lay back and love it without viewing closer with a neutral eye, the game may become what Silent Hill origins were before they changed to the english studio. If it's true that they listen to the fans of Silent Hill, we need to let them know that this game must be a 10 when it comes out. That is not a dream, that is a fact of the franchise and that is what they need to do... or else, it will become a forgotten franchise that has lost every corner of it's soul.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I don't think I've ever seen a single SH game get a 10, let alone all of them. Save critisism for when you play the game instead of moaning about it now. Also, the graphics do look really good and will look better in motion/when it's finished.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Sure criticize it...when it is actually OUT and you CAN play it.
Krysta

Post by Krysta »

Glazarus wrote:Even so, seeing Crysis being better looking AND utilize complex effects, lightning, large scale areas etc etc, makes it clear that Silent Hill 5 isn't very "next gen".
But Crysis is working in DirectX 10 enviroment :shock: I think you gotta get familiar with that term and its capabilities. "Next gen" consoles aren't supporting that technology due to Pixel Shader 3.0 ver on theirs GPU(PS 4.0 required for DX10) but still are capable producing stunning graphic thanks to DirectX 9.0c full support. Maybe you did understand what I was saying maybe not. But PC graphic hardware is currently one 'generation step' forward and any comparisons console vs PC (Crysis vs SHV especialy for fook sakes :shock:) are simply stupid, especially that there are no DX10-only games out yet except for Crysis, which is developers first big approach on the latest graphic technology.

Still SHV does look great so far and at this point, demanding it to be best looking game, is not only exaggeration but it's also technical impossible. Focuss on other important aspects, the one that matters most for us fans, 1st trailer shuld be out soon
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

The Akira interview is up: http://silenthill5.net/
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

Krysta, Crysis looks the same on PS3, so yes, the consoles got the power...
And, if the graphic engine doesn't get some serious polish, Silent Hill 5 will look like crap. Anyone seen the new videos? Textures are blurry and lowres while the surroundings are based upon blocks instead of parallax mapping... come on, don't try to even nod at Sh5 looking nextgen. It looks ps2 with better lightning effects.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

The game is still being developed, so shut your yaps about it not looking nextgen. :roll:
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

Well, I criticize and you say to shut my yap...
Don't you agree that I can say the same thing back?
That there's no evidence there's gonna be major improvments of the graphic engine and that people who say it looks awesome, should shut their yaps too?

If everyone keeps saying it looks awesome and they actually listen to the fans, it might look the same when it comes out. It's good to criticize, it's what's pushing something into the right direction. Look at origins, they even changed to another studio. I'm worried, because if Silent Hill will be like we seen now, it might not be on the same level as the previous games were at their time.

Also, anyone who say; "Judge it when you play it" kinda misses the point of what type of game we are discussing. This isn't Unreal Tournament 2007, where the controls and combat is something you can judge only when playing it. This is Silent Hill and we have been though 4 games that had a certain feel and look. This new Silent hill ripps many things from the movie and doesn't, at the moment, look very awesome to me. The previous games of this franchise kept me up at night when I was waiting for their releases... I don't feel so much for this game... after looking at so many next gen games I thought that, if Silent Hill 3 looks so fucking good, I can't even imagine how Silent Hill 5 will look... now, if they can only give a damn about the movieripping shit and improve the graphic engine to really BE next gen, I might get the hopes back... right now, I just want to kick Konami in the groin for leaving this up to another studio.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

Glazarus wrote:Well, I criticize and you say to shut my yap...
Don't you agree that I can say the same thing back?
That there's no evidence there's gonna be major improvments of the graphic engine and that people who say it looks awesome, should shut their yaps too?

Yes I agree. There is also no evidence that there are not going to be any graphical improvements.

So...shut your yap and wait it out.
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Good points, Glazarus. You always seem to have interesting things to say.

I don't believe that the graphics will improve very much and this could prove to be a problem for many people. The problem is that Silent Hill 5 is being built from scratch as a multi-platform game and is being developed with the lowest common denominator in mind. Unfortunately, most of your previous examples were exclusives as well (or at least once an exclusive). In order to optimize the graphics, they need to work on each product separately.

I don't think this is something that The Collective can help, however, since Konami is the one that is giving them deadlines.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Krysta

Post by Krysta »

Glazarus wrote:Krysta, Crysis looks the same on PS3, so yes, the consoles got the power...
You really have no idea about hardware my friend but, oh well, I'll just keep BS in control for you. PS3(x360 either) doesnt support DX10 so games will never look as good as on PC with given hardware, it has nothing to do with being any platfrom fanboy, just facts. As about SH5 I too think its graphic is preety bad for a next gen, the transition effects are looking cheap and I simply didn't like'em. And dont expect it to get any better either, now bitching won't help cuz its too late for major changes. If KONAMI would have bought some better graphic engine, instead of using some custom made one, then we would have the ass kicking graphic. What we see now is what we are getting, sadly...
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

"And dont expect it to get any better either, now bitching won't help cuz its too late for major changes." Wrong, just plain wrong. The graphics will get better.
Krysta

Post by Krysta »

Numb Body01 wrote:"And dont expect it to get any better either, now bitching won't help cuz its too late for major changes." Wrong, just plain wrong. The graphics will get better.
Fanboys wishfull thinking. Thats the first step to dissapointment
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

I don't think the graphics will improve much, if any. I think they're fine, but yes, they could be better. they're an improvement over the last gens output, but definitely aren't going to compete with games like Gears of War or Bioshock.

As far as the PS3 and 360, they're still half a step behind the PC as far as graphics go.. however, not everyone goes out and spends thousands of dollars on their PCs, just so their games can look top notch.

i think in the end, i think people will be more than satisfied with the games look when it's released. it's not as if they took a step back or anything.