What did Alex do?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I dont think theyd tag him with the death of his father and or brother, because thats a little too much like Silent Hill 2. Maybe this is just a morbid thought but maybe being in the army he was sexuallly tense and raped a woman of the opposing side or a nurse or something maybe explaining Siam. But I hope they have some crazy twist that none of us would ever be able to guess
Pyramid Hunter
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Hunter »

yeah, no shit, vaitel. because SH is like that. :mrgreen:
Ya' know, if you keep looking at Pyramid Head, you're destined to see red.

JUST FUCKING RUN!!!!!
The Forsaken
Just Passing Through

Post by The Forsaken »

Imagine this...
You're playing as Alex and meet this Iraqi old man ghost? :shock:
"There are many things my father taught me here in this room.
He taught me keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" Michael Corleone

[url=http://userbars.org][img]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7621/sh2jn3.png[/img][/url]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

What war was the guy, suppose to have served in? I mean was it vietnam.. or Iraq war.. I mean from his cloths it looks like the vietnam era.. but not sure exactly.. he looks sorta modern too. As for the similarites between this game and Sh2.. I think there will be alot of similarites.. and I agree with the person that mentioned Jacobs ladder.. that seems to be where the story is pointing to.. just by the way the story sounds soo far... I could very well be that he's laying in an army hospital dying.. and he's trying to change unfinished business.. that seems to be the most logical storyline possibility at this time. Yes that's more than likely the twist that will be involved in the storyline.. Perhaps he's laying in an army hospital.. blamming himself in his mind for his brother turning up missing n stuff I dunno.. it's becoming more clear as the storyline unfolds with the reports we're getting.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

I don't know, but i'm hoping to more or less find out when i play the game.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

it looks to me like perhaps Alex is already did, but in denile over it. Maybe the near fatal wound, was actaully fatal, and Alex is lying in his hospital bad dreaming all this stuff that's going on in the town of Silent Hill.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Pyramidred
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidred »

Well, I think he's Mary's brother. He probably feels guilty for not being home when she died. So I'm betting he pulled a James and committed suicide ... God, I hope this isn't what happens. This sucks!
Justicar333
Just Passing Through

Post by Justicar333 »

Here are my thoughts for possible storyline.

A really twisted ride... Alex found himself in an experimental hospital during the war. The sexual images and the various torture like scenese could be repressed memories of this. He fought his way out, possibly killing some innocent people along the way. Maybe more than a few, over a prolonged time. Essentialy, he became the same type of monster as those that tortured him, but refuses to admit it.

How does the family tie in? Initially we think his brother has been drawn to Silent Hill and needs to be rescued. However, we gradually learn that his brother has in fact joined the order. Somehow he caused moms coma, and the father is there trying to find answers, likely to stop him. The god is feeding off of Alex's self loathing anger, while the little bro manipultes him through the town, trying to make that anger grow. In the end it comes down to three main endings. 1 Alex joins his brother, and they comlete the orders work. 2 Alex redeems his brother, and they exit the town, order thrwarted. 3 Alex battles his bro, stopping the order if you win the battle.

The Orders work? Hard to say, possibly involving Heather for tie in value, but some way having to do with the birth of God. It could be a lead in, say they are trying to create the next vessel, which would then go to SH6.

Of course, it won't be a good Silent Hill game without a UFO ending too. :lol:

It seems like a lot of story to get through. However with all that room on a Blue Ray disc, chances are this game will be considerably larger than the previous titles. Should it take less than a month of moderatly serious game playing will be disapointed.
Pyramidred
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidred »

Justicar333 wrote:Here are my thoughts for possible storyline.

A really twisted ride... Alex found himself in an experimental hospital during the war. The sexual images and the various torture like scenese could be repressed memories of this. He fought his way out, possibly killing some innocent people along the way. Maybe more than a few, over a prolonged time. Essentialy, he became the same type of monster as those that tortured him, but refuses to admit it.

How does the family tie in? Initially we think his brother has been drawn to Silent Hill and needs to be rescued. However, we gradually learn that his brother has in fact joined the order. Somehow he caused moms coma, and the father is there trying to find answers, likely to stop him. The god is feeding off of Alex's self loathing anger, while the little bro manipultes him through the town, trying to make that anger grow. In the end it comes down to three main endings. 1 Alex joins his brother, and they comlete the orders work. 2 Alex redeems his brother, and they exit the town, order thrwarted. 3 Alex battles his bro, stopping the order if you win the battle.

The Orders work? Hard to say, possibly involving Heather for tie in value, but some way having to do with the birth of God. It could be a lead in, say they are trying to create the next vessel, which would then go to SH6.

Of course, it won't be a good Silent Hill game without a UFO ending too. :lol:

It seems like a lot of story to get through. However with all that room on a Blue Ray disc, chances are this game will be considerably larger than the previous titles. Should it take less than a month of moderatly serious game playing will be disapointed.

Wow! I'm not a big fan of the whole tortured soldier story line but I love how you tied in his family and the Order.
Mechanubis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mechanubis »

David01 wrote:What war was the guy, suppose to have served in?
Alessa died the next year war in Vietnam ended and Alex (as I recall) has just returned from his service, so I doubt it was Vietnam. It might as well be Iraq, Afganistan or the Gulf. Then again, he could have been with a PMC so he could have been basically anywhere in the world where an armed conflict has occurred.

I'm disliking the death-theory more every moment. It would just be too plain obvious that he'd be dead or dying. It would be awesome if the Collective would use the plot Team Silent originally intended for SH3.
In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane
Justicar333
Just Passing Through

Post by Justicar333 »

What was the plot that Team Silent had planned for SH3 originially?
Mechanubis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mechanubis »

No idea. But according to some interviews it was supposed to be a lot like SH2, about a broken man but they scrapped it late in production. Akira mentioned that they were eager to include it some future instalment of the series, but was worried that it might be a little too disturbing or something.
In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane
jason_the_one
Just Passing Through

Post by jason_the_one »

all i know is this game could potentially get patriotic. with him being a soldier and the current meddlings of america.... i just hope iraq or something doesent come into it. the "war" should be anonymous at best. "as for what did he do", i dunno, i like some of the theories here, but just keep in mind, harry didnt "do" anything, he was just a normal guy. it would be much more interesting if it was based on what SOMEBODY did. or maybe you never find the true cause of the horror for once?
now THAT would add some solidity to the series. however, soldiers guilt may come through in his character and add to the plot, making him a bit more 3 dimensional. that would be a nice touch.
they look like monsters to you?
Justicar333
Just Passing Through

Post by Justicar333 »

That is an intersting point, Harry was seeing Alessa's nightmares, not his own. Perhaps, however he ties in the creatures are coming from the mind of his little brother. Alex, like Harry is more of an observer than anything. There is one plot problem with this though.

In SH1 Alessa controlled the town, hence why her nightmares were manifesting. All the other games, the town was controlling itself. Pulling people in and laying their sins bare for an unknown reason. Well there was part four, but then I suppose those were influenced by Walter himself. Thus unless Alex is an angel (Pretty much nil chance having fought in war) Silent Hill will be tinkering around with his past.

Then... this is unlikely but what if Heather figures in somehow to SH5? It's possible she still has the power to influence the town. If so, I'd like to see her operating in the background with or against the cult. Maybe we only find out through clues, never actually meeting her this game.

It's hard to say till we have a little more information about new game. :)
Pandora's XBox
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Pandora's XBox »

RedPyramidThing wrote:I'm definatly getting a more "sexual" message... perhaps he raped someone?
God, I hope not. I would be extremely and uncomfortable to play this game, get to the end and realize my protagonist was a rapist. Mary's mercy-killing was one thing, but I don't think I could handle a main character who had committed something as intentional and terrible as rape.
hollywood-01

Post by hollywood-01 »

maybe he is crazy and is imagining everything.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Nah, there will be something BIG behind the whole storyline, he wont be just crazy
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

If they did pull a Jacob's Ladder, I think it would be really bad. I mean, if we've already seen it in the movie, aren't they just rehashing what we saw? Having the same kind of thing happen would just be stupid and completely unoriginal.

I'm all for occasional nods towards movies that inspired the game (like the wheelchair behind the glass in SH3), but ripping the movie almost completely would be a big waste.
I'm offended by political correctness.