Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 15 Nov 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
yeah, i highly doubt it'll be multiplayer. however i think multiplayer would be a great idea. you'd be able to play as various characters and go through the storyline together. you could all go and find items, solve puzzles, fight your own bosses, interact with each other, etc. it'd be a good idea, and pretty cool imo. just imagine being able to talk to the other characters with your mic, it'd really make you feel as if it's you who's in silent hill, experiencing all this stuff.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 652
Last seen at: San Luis Obispo, CA
There is no need for multiplayer in Silent Hill, ever. Both online services as they stand now are sufficient enough for SHV to grant access to downloadable content and extras, even though Xbox Live is much better when it comes to playing online MP games with friends.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Feb 2005
Notes left: 100
Last seen at: Arlington, VA
Skele wrote:
they are waiting, because there's still the rumor that MGS4 may actually get a port to the 360.

Personally, I was waiting for the Silent Hill 5 announcement, and when it was revealed that SH5 would be yet another big (to me) game that would be going cross-platform, I settled on the 360...
... I just havn't purchased it yet...
The MGS series has had multi-platform games before, here's hoping for a 360 version of MGS4...

Other than that, as it stands now literally the only PS3 exclusive game worth mentioning is FFXIII...
And if that installment feels as soulless as FFXII, it wouldn't be a big loss...

As for multiplayer... The only way I could see that working is if they included it as a mini-campaign that ties into plot details from the main game, but is designed specifically with teamwork in mind... And the replay value would be so low that it'd be a rather pointless addition in the long run...

Post subject:

i think Xbox 360 is better.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

I pretty much banked on SH5 being released on 360. i figured the 360 was doing too good for it NOT to be released on the console. the gameplay footage looks good. hopefully 360 gets a port of MGS4 at some point. i'm not much into FF anymore. the battle system of 12 left me totally turned off. supposedly the battle system in 13 is going to be remarkable, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Sep 2007
Notes left: 38
*sigh* PS3 would be better then 360 if it was not like $500 or whatever they are going for.. ><

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
Okay this thread is not about which console is better. We have a thread for that in Lakeside.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Sep 2007
Notes left: 38
I am sorry Amy T-T I'll try to stay on topic next time...please forgive me. /desp

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Jan 2007
Notes left: 116
Last seen at: Chicago
For the record, I was joking about the online multiplayer thing. I was just making a humorous jab at your steriotypical online gamer. There really should be a sarcasm tag or something.

My real point is, the 360 often has supplimental downloadable content for its games. I don't know if the PS3 has that or not.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2006
Notes left: 583
Last seen at: Lakeside Amusement Park
I think SH will help sales of PS3 in Japan. XBox is currently selling at a 4 digit number per week in Japan. Infact, all system consoles have been going down in sales other than PS3:

Japanese Hardware Chart - Sept 5, 2007
Wii - 39,371
PSP - 22,196
PLAYSTATION 3 - 18,068
PlayStation 2 - 14,280
Xbox 360 - 1,635
Game Boy micro - 263
Game Boy Advance SP - 195

Whereas in North America, I think most people will get the XBox or PC version, unless there's a dramatic turn in sales in PS3 in the upcoming months. Which is rather unlikely.

Having a PS3 myself, I hope that they have time to make the graphic for the PS3 version up to par.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

well, i still think multiplayer would be a good idea, but definitely not in the way you were joking about jamie. i think being able to go through a story with other players worldwide would be a good idea. think of resident evil outbreak, but this time it's SH. i think it'd be a great experience if done right.

anyhow, I think SH5 is definitely going to help the sales with PS3. not as much as sony initially thought (they were probably hoping it'd be exclusive to their console) but it'll increase their profit due to there being so many microsoft haters.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 652
Last seen at: San Luis Obispo, CA
It's silly to think that SHV will boost PS3 sales when people can get the same(?) port on a cheaper, more ubiquitous next-gen console. I don't think SH fans are that stupid enough to begrudge MS that much.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

you'd think people would opt for the cheaper 360. i'm not saying the sales will skyrocket and sony will be smiling once everythings over. you have to take into account those fans who hate microsoft, who will want to keep their SH collection together and playable on PS3, and the fact that some of these fans may be fans of MGS and other titles exclusive to sony.

i know that i'll end up getting it for the 360 when it's released, but i do plan to own a PS3 at some point. if the game turns out to be truly amazing, i'll probably be a big geek and get it for ps3 and 360 as well.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2004
Notes left: 2132
Last seen at: In the Cave of Rendezvous
Ps3 won't do a thing to Sh5, because Sh5 must work on 360 too.
So, the "special power" of the ps3 won't be used and the game will not run at 100% of the consoles power.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

when has this "special power" of the ps3, or even the 360 for that matter, been used for any of their exclusive games? neither console has a game released that uses 100% of the consoles power.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Sep 2004
Notes left: 723
Last seen at: Silent Hill in the Wish house
Can we stop doing ps3 vs 360, I already owned all the nubs in lakeside with my comments on both systems.

I can only suggest since the ps3 version is harder to write for that they include some extra content that would be charge normally as a special edition/collector's edition since BD can hold 16gigs more. I'd also hope there is an install feature so loading is eliminated.

As for helping ps3 sales ha, what a joke, no game has boosted sales of ps3 besides Gundam Musou. Final fantasy and Metal gear will help but I doubt very much, it is either the people will buy a ps3 because they are fanboy/girls or because they are waiting for the price to come down. Why wait for a game to come out on a system only to wait for the release of said game. Might as well be an early adopter and not get fucked like the 80gig skus.

Also those NPD numbers don't show the ds at the top like it usually always is with some 40K+ units sold a week.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 916
Last seen at: Zanesville Ohio
Ps3 is still early in it's life cycle.. when ps2 first came out.. the sale weren't bad.. but they werent as good as the ps1's were when it first came out.. people today have become more complacent in their buying of systems.. because they're being shown all this different technology... but different doesn't alway's mean better.. the ps3 at the moment isn't doing that well.. but usually about 4 or so years into the life cycle of a console.. they kinda work out the bugs that the system has troubles with at first.. And Sh 5 is expected to come out sometime either next year or after.. so by then.. The ps3 maybe be doing better.. and the price should have dropped a bit by then.... On to what the ps3 can do.. from what I've said.. the graphic's capabilities look fairly good.. of course it all depends on the game too.. I mean look at the ps2.. all through it's life cycle people kept saying.. ahh it
s graphic's arent as good as the gamecubes.. Well then came along God of War and God of War 2.. right at the end of the consoles life cycle.. and now the ps2's sales are actually going up.. right at the end of the systems life cycle. so I believe that the ps3 will only get better with time.. I also believe that even know they're saying that Sh5 is only going to be on the ps3.. I believe that since the ps3 is still hight in price.. Konami and whoever else is working on this title.. will strike a deal with Microsoft.. and make the game for both the ps3 and xbox360 just for shear volume of sales. from what I've seen of the game play video.. it looks amazing.. and very nicely animated.. however.. there was a slight bit of screen trearing but not too much.. The colors were bright.. and the atmosphere was nicely executed throughout the 27 minute video I saw.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Sep 2004
Notes left: 723
Last seen at: Silent Hill in the Wish house
PS2 doesn't have graphics as good as gamecube's, that is just a fact. You are right that the console will get better with time, that is just logical.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

i can't believe people still think the game is exclusive only to PS3. it's already been confirmed for both consoles David.

anyhow, the PS3 is doing bad due to it's price tag and no (well maybe 1) must have titles at this point. when MGS4 hits the shelves, you'll see a jump in purchases. Sh5 may move a number of consoles for them but as i've said before, not much. graphically, the game isn't pushing either the 360 or the PS3 to it's limits. again, this has nothing to do with blu ray or dvd, but with the hardware itself. people always use the blu ray and dvd as representatives of the PS3 and 360's core power, which is ridiculous.

the only bonus i can see by having this game on PS3 is sony's controller. i don't know what they call it (axis something??) but that could be utitlized in the game in some way. 360 version could be a bonus because of xbox live/downloadable content/achievements.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 3364
Skele wrote:
plus, keep in mind that no game that's ever been released for either console have come close to taking up the entire space of an actual DVD.

Actually resistence Fall of man is more than a DVD, and more games coming out exclusive to PS3 are far above DVD storage such as Ratchet and Clank Future, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, MGS4, Killzone 2, FFXIII, the planned Rockstar exclusive etc. Plus nice extras like PS3 Stranglehold limited edition with Hard Boiled the movie.

Also games on 360 have come out on multi-disc such as Blue Dragon which uses 4 due to HD FMV, and earlier it was revealed that PGR4 would not use the day/night cycles they intended on all levels because DVD wasn't large enough.

Anyway folks keep your heads up to what's going on in Tokyo later this month. It's rumored that Sony will unveil a new PS3 SKU that is 40GB and will cost $400.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next