PLAY Article Scans

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

PLAY Article Scans

Post by Numb Body01 »

Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

Well I am still excited, I don't know how long they have worked on this but it feels like the time has passed in a blink of an eye. It looks like they are already pretty far in it, so I guess that it's already been in production for over a year.

I don't think it will take too much longer for them to get into the later phases, maybe we will get a release date soon enough.

This game keeps looking better and better and I keep feeling more and more relieved. Now I can go to bed and have a good nights sleep while I wait for Silent Hill Origins to arrive in my mail box :D

By the way, check out this video if you already haven't.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25641.html
Something tells me that this will be the biggest step since Silent Hill 2.
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

I wish this game would come out already. Sigh. Patience is not one of my strong points. The scans were intriguing, and I like the game trailer, too. Please, Buddha/Santa/God/Triplehorngoddessmoondonkey, let the Americans do SH justice....
alstevens
Just Passing Through

Post by alstevens »

The game is looking great so far, also i am not looking forward to the X-ray puzzle :shock:
Brick Bardo
Just Passing Through

Post by Brick Bardo »

Looks very amazing! I will be sure to get a PS3 by 2010 at least. :)
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Interesting, although a few things bug me.

-All this reliance on the movie as a source of inspiration (nurse design, otherworld change scene).
-Recycling the Lying Figure yet again?! Ugh...
-Not enough talk about a 360 version. I don't read Play Magazine so I don't know if it covers PS only, but there's not enough talk about the 360 version to quell my fear that it'll be PS3 exclusive.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

^ I see your points. However, I still can't wait. :)
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Not enough seems to have changed, I'm starting to worry that the game will very close to the pictures we see which isn't amazingly encouraging. As stated before, too many old monsters, too much from the film, too much SH2 loving blah blah blah. I want to see some real development until I get excited about this game again. It doesn't look terrible, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't look great either. The Walkin Dude it's definately coming out on XBOX 360, don't worry.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

I'm just excited for next-gen Silent Hill in general and honestly...can you blame The Collective for trying to keep it safe for US? The fans? We're picky bastards and bitches and need our Silent Hill games to be great. I'd rather them make a good/decent Silent Hill and then get creative with a new game, rather than take one big shot at it now and fail while they're still trying to understand Silent Hill and totally ruin the series and have the series be discontinued. I'd rather be patient with this one folks and for hopefully the next up and coming game(s).
Det Som Engang Var...
shinkeidei
Just Passing Through

Post by shinkeidei »

at least after checking the video it looks good, still there are some things on SH:O that makes me feel weird about how SHV will come out (but I LOVE SH:O don't take me wrong is one of the MUST for the PSP) like character desing (those chicken things...) so I hope those kind of things don't appear on SHV, by the way I read on IGN that the game is comin' out on january but I can't find the article
"Hello darkness my old friend"
Doomstench
Just Passing Through

Post by Doomstench »

Not to much I haven't seen before but it was a good read.

The producer was giving far too much praise to the film. The film didn't even come close to doing the series justice in my opinion. Anyone who could think so highly of such a sub-par movie is not someone I want making installments. I fear that SHV, like the movie, will turn out to have some nice visuals but little else.
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o226/Drotho/LeftHand2-1.png[/img]
therednurse
Just Passing Through

Post by therednurse »

Varg6 wrote:I'm just excited for next-gen Silent Hill in general and honestly...can you blame The Collective for trying to keep it safe for US? The fans? We're picky bastards and bitches and need our Silent Hill games to be great. I'd rather them make a good/decent Silent Hill and then get creative with a new game, rather than take one big shot at it now and fail while they're still trying to understand Silent Hill and totally ruin the series and have the series be discontinued. I'd rather be patient with this one folks and for hopefully the next up and coming game(s).
Wait...wait...
You've seen the few screenshots and little bit of video that's been released and you haven't found anything to complain about yet? You want to be PATIENT with this one?
You're my new favorite. :D
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

He's faking.

I hope the story is worth waiting for. The scans are promising.
Brick Bardo
Just Passing Through

Post by Brick Bardo »

That girl looks creepy, though. Very life-like to me.
larcont
Just Passing Through

Post by larcont »

fucking shit, i cant wait to play that SH. :twisted:
Silent Hill fan from Colombia.

[img]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/larcont/CopiadelarcontFIX.jpg[/img]
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

I have heard January 08 as well....
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Sounds way too soon to me, sources?
Darkest Dream
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Darkest Dream »

Amazing! =)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Dombrowski26/headlinebizarro.gif[/img]
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Hmm... the author doesn't know how to use the word "rustic," it seems...

Other than that, it honestly doesn't say much that we didn't already know. The main new bit is on the inclusion of QTEs, which I'm somewhat mixed about. On one hand, they can put more control in the player's hands which should equal more tension. On the other, my experiences with them thus far in horror games (SH0 and RE4) have been irritating at best, neither fun nor frightening. God of War, at least, made them fun (I haven't played Shenmue). This also brings up the point that it looks like everyone's jumping on the RE4/GoW bandwagon, which never looks good initially.

Though, the writing style, along with their high score of Shadow the Hedgehog, reminds me why I don't buy Play... :P