Silent Hill 5: Pros (What you like)

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Isn't this the same song that runs with the end credits of SH0?
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Breaka wrote:Isn't this the same song that runs with the end credits of SH0?
I don't think so. *goes back to check the SH0 soundtrack* "Shot Down in Flames" is definately not it, but I'll look at the rest.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Isn't this the same song that runs with the end credits of SH0?
Absolutely not.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Caine
Just Passing Through

Post by Caine »

Video Gamer wrote:The last trailer I saw, with the actual vocal song, has gotten me excited. I love those trailers so much.
do you have a link? i dunno if i know it already, thanks.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

It's on the front page...
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

TheRedOne wrote:So why are fans bitching about this game?
I'm asking the same question myself, I mean it looks and sounds really good. Just because team Silent is not working on it, doesn't automatically mean it's sucks... The bitching is preventing me from entering this part of the forum more often... oh well.

The graphics are the first thing that grabs you, the second are the monsters, characters and surroundings and the third is the story that's still mysterious, but sounds promissing.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

The enviroment and story looks very promising. I mean this time its something new: A town other than Silent Hill is physically being hassled by the forces of the Otherworld. I noticed how there are SG police cars everywhere meaning even the police don't have control.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

^
I've only seen the one so far, near the graveyard. If what you're saying is true, well, then Alex is pretty screwed.
syntheticlung
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by syntheticlung »

...I like that its got Silent Hill in the title... Thats all I got :|
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

^
That makes me sad.
Henada
Just Passing Through

Post by Henada »

I really love that the main character is a soldier. It gives him a different foundation then all the other characters, who had never seen such violence or had such training before. He's a bit more baddass then like. . . James. D:

I love the graphics. I think they are fresh and I like how the otherworld seems to glow. Thats different then the other games, but I find that kind of refreshing.

I like that Alex is looking for his brother! In previous games, we mostly looked for women. Alex's brother seems sweet and innocent, and being a child it makes the whole ordeal much more contravercial.

I like the monster with bound legs.

I like the way the Otherworld comes around. I know some people are pissed because it's a lot like the movie, but I think seeing it all happen around you while you're still playing is much scarier.

I like that the nurses boobs jiggle.

I like that the knife wounds appear on monsters bodies.

I like how many characters there are.

I like the music.

I like those fleshy doors that Alex has to cut through.

I like that Pyramid Head is in it, even though a lot of people are enraged by this. I always felt like Pyramid Head was transcendent, and as the executioner was a vessel for all sorts of punishment, not just James's guilt. To have him show up again says a lot, and not just that the new team wanted to win our favor. ( Although I'm sure someone could argue with me about this. )

I like that my first post is something so optimistic. :D

I'm really looking forward for the new game.
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

I actually liked some of the new monster models that we've seen of the "Solder" enemies. There is that rusty, grimy, bloody texture that has been a trade mark of the series and I'm optimistic about that. Pyramid Head having a large tumor potruding from the back of his headpiece kind of just makes me go WTF? Just confused on that.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Dude, those are just some random designs by the original Team Silent designer Masahiro Ito. Sadly none of them have anything to do with SH5.
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

BLAST! My dreams are crushed. All hope is lost. Wow. DH is screwed. Nevermind. :lol:
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

I feel bad for telling you now. Like imagine you actually thought somthing in the game could have look half decent. What a crushing blow.
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

Probly already been talked about but today was the first day I actually took the time to watch gameplay videos and I gotta say I love how enemies get gashes on them when they're knifed. That's pretty sweet. Also the environments look absolutely great.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Automatic13
Just Passing Through

Post by Automatic13 »

Suppose I'll wait to see what I actually think when the game comes out. I must say though I like a lot of the new monster models, and the bosses don't look half bad either (from what I seen).
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

If you ask me, the bosses look like the highlight of the game. They're all so imaginative and frightening...

I CAN'T WAIT! :mrgreen:
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

ok its time for me to throw in a positive sh5 comment, sort of. This game looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I'm going to have to accept the fact that it will have a very different feel. (More like the suffering,resident evil n a lil bit of manhunt influence). This game will definetly be more action oriented which could also be fun. Essentially I think this will be a fun game, but its for damn sure going to be different than what older fans are used to!
Unless they make some drastic changes before release.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I really like the otherworld in this game. It really reminds me of the Mechanical World in the first Myst game. It's like the inside of a warship or a bunker.