Silent Hill 5: Pros (What you like)

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Smiffy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Smiffy »

As long as the game has hidden meanings and little riddles ad theories for me to wrap my head around and also the need new pants scary rating then i will love this. As long as its authentic to the series then im in for a treat! :wink: :wink:
Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

There are some pictures of an older looking Travis, but according to the site:

"Now, as for Travis it is currently unclear if he will appear in Silent Hill V or it's something to do with the Konami/Climax project OR Akira's project which might well be the same thing. We'll have the details as they come."

It would be interesting to see Travis in SHV though...
No shit. It would definitely be badass. I can imagine his style and attitude - still the same tough dude, just a lil' older.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Socalryder7
Just Passing Through

Post by Socalryder7 »

sizzleguy05 wrote:I'm just so excited that Silent Hill V is in production and its on these next-gen consoles, I cannot wait to see what the PS3 and XBOX 360 do for it in terms of visuals. I mean, the rest of the Silent Hill games were completely ahead of their times and LOOKED brilliant, I can only think the same for this one!!!
Same. It'll look SO good in High Def let alone blu ray. CAN WAIT CANT WAIT CANT WAIT.....
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

The new combat!!!!! Looks absolutely bang on. It's faster, tuffer, more skillful, more responsive, attacks cause visible damage, the physics are realistic, you grapple, there are some really sick finisher moves. The whole thing could not be better.
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

Breaka wrote:The new combat!!!!! Looks absolutely bang on. It's faster, tuffer, more skillful, more responsive, attacks cause visible damage, the physics are realistic, you grapple, there are some really sick finisher moves. The whole thing could not be better.
I am in complete agreement. No more shoot-shoot-shoot or whack-whack-whack stomp repetitiveness. :) I loved the one video where he was fighting the dog. The first fight showed the new brutality and responsiveness of the combat, while the second showcased the dodge ability more. Looks like it's going to require some good timing... and it looks like something any ordinary person could do.

The nurse fight was cool, too. Visible knife wounds and I like how she cracked as she walked, like she was trying to walk with rigor mortis.
I'm offended by political correctness.
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

The biggest thing that I love about this game is the the lead, Alex, actually has a past.
All of the others, had something, just I feel as if they haven't been through as much. He's been to war, which make him seem so much believable than the others.
The first 4 have been through, nothing much really. Travis has seen alot, but I think that Alex will make this game pop.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

I like the monsters' new attacks so far. No more "nudge...oof...nudge...oof...nudge...argh!!!!" moments.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

the combat looks to be everything i was hoping for. i got a lot of shit for wanting these upgrades in my combat thread. good to see others are enjoying what we've seen so far.
Georgeo-0
Just Passing Through

Post by Georgeo-0 »

I wasent to impressed at first, but now ive seen the nearly completed combat and it looks pretty good, like they will be able to convey a sense of struggle in each battle. I like the impact detection to, makes it seem like you'll reall feel it when you slam a nurse with an iron pipe, that said, I'm still worried the reason they havent shown us gunplay is because it will just piss off the fans to much. I hope they keep the ammo in the game really restricted.
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Further more, the combat looks nothing like the combat in RE4. This looks proper tactical and skilled. Closer to the combat in Condemned than anything else, which is great. So it's one in the eye for all the neigh sayers who said a combat improvement would make the game a RE4 clone. Ye of limited imagination.
Galiant
Just Passing Through

Post by Galiant »

The more I see and the more I hear about this game, the more excited I get. I went from giddy when it was announced to suspicious and then towards a sort of cautious optimism, but now I'm FLAMING with anticipation and I just hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment =)

Even if parts of the game does suck for one reason or another, I'm sure I'll be satisfied just to get my fix of Silent Hill on a next-gen console.

Bring on September, I say!!
Silent_Whispers
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent_Whispers »

I like Elle :D .

How incredibly random and odd of me but yeah, I love how Silent Hill games always have a kick ass chick.

ALSO that they have used the movies Nurse's is another good point for me.

I cant wait for the game.

B.
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

Skele wrote:the combat looks to be everything i was hoping for. i got a lot of shit for wanting these upgrades in my combat thread. good to see others are enjoying what we've seen so far.
I remember that. I supported you the whole way. :)
Silent_Whispers wrote: I like Elle.
I'm not sure how I feel about her character design yet, but at least she seems to have a personality... oh and at least a competent voice actor. Though I admit, I'll miss Harry's stunted deliver and bad inflections and Henry's wooden dialog. Not really.
I'm offended by political correctness.
Nicole
Just Passing Through

Post by Nicole »

The monsters look amazing. I can't wait to see them in action.
...in bed.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

The improved combat, interesting characters and story, cool monster design(for the most part), the hospital level creeps the hell out of me(like it should), no over use of guns(yet at least), looks challenging, those long conversations between characters are back(it was absent in Origins), the use of conversation trees or whatever they're called...

So why are fans bitching about this game?

Oh, and let's not forget the feeling of dread I get when watching the videos released so far(in a good way), multiple endings, grapple scenes are back, brutal finishing moves(a bit iffy, but it could work), possible relation to Mary from Silent Hill 2...
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I am sorta taken back by the visual effects. In some of the clips I have seen so far, the visual effects are amazing. The combate is very realistic. He can dodge, grapple, and it shows the damage being done.
I am not sure how compentent I will be in this new form of combat, but it looks amazing.

I also like the characters storyline, and the irony found within it. He is a soilder, returning from hell, to hell. I think his story may be the most complex and unique since James' story.
Liquid Snake
Just Passing Through

Post by Liquid Snake »

^ story

I hope your right about that.
May the force be with you.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I like how this thread had half the replies as the cons.

But seriously, I'm a fan of opening theme that was recently shown.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

The last trailer I saw, with the actual vocal song, has gotten me excited. I love those trailers so much.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

^
Yes, that song really is great. I think it may even rival "You're Not Here"!