Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 16 Jan 2021




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next
Author Message

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Again, cynical handwave. I'm sorry you're so determined to think negatively -- wouldn't you be happier with the game if you thought of alternative, reasonable explanations?

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1543
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
^I am happy with the game.
I like it as a video game with good graphics & gameplay.
My problem is with the story.

You're right about the explanations part.
I'm not looking for them in the particular game because it did not impress me in the way the others did.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jun 2010
Notes left: 2
Last seen at: UK
I just don't get why people would not like Homecoming. It isn't realy based on the movie anyway. Sure there are parts of it that is but so?!

The majority of Silent Hill fans don't like the movie, i understand why, for one it has nothing to do with the game and for two there were parts of it that was quite corny and generic of a horror film but i still liked it and except silent hill 1 i played all the Silent Hill games to death because i adore them, especially 2 and 3. Homecoming is a good game. The gameplay is exciting, the sounds and atmosphere are amazing and i love the variety of monsters.

_________________
if facebook was a physical place it would probably smell


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jul 2010
Notes left: 106
Last seen at: Flatpoint High
It's just that the game was like an obese person. They put too much unneeded fat on it. Sure, people want a lot of "food," but if you give them everything they want then each part becomes lesser because of it. Obese people are not attractive, in my opinion. They needed to cut the fat out of Silent Hill Homecoming and they failed to do so. So what? So they got a game made by the fans, for the fans. And that's all it really is. It's not a bad game in terms of graphics and the gameplay is decent, but it doesn't live up to the high standards set by the Team Silent games. Origins, however, did very well at both bringing back the original feel of Silent Hill, and capturing the horror that we expect from the franchise. I don't hate Homecoming, but it definitely could have been better. And that's not to say that we need a blatant rehash every time we want a new Silent Hill game. Just less of the repeat, more of the new meat. (Cheesy, I know.)

_________________
"I stole the TV.” ~ Jerri Blank, 1999


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1543
Last seen at: Colombia
The only real problem of the game are the useless multi answer events and the damn unskippable cutscenes... In fact, one of the things that I love about SH0 is how it allows you to cut or pause the cutscenes... Every damn gane must have this feature...


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jul 2010
Notes left: 35
Last seen at: Out There
I can't stand the damn fighting. I thought the puzzles didn't live up to the normal "I'm going to kill myself these are so damn hard" puzzles like in the originals. Another thing that got on my nerves is,

[spoiler]Pyramid Head is all of a sudden being called "Boogeyman" because of that game. Just stick to pyramid head god damnit :evil: [/spoiler]

But I have to admit,

[spoiler]I loved getting a Pyramid Head helmet :) [/spoiler]

_________________
Image Lawls
Current Book: Another Place To Die By Sam North
Current Game: Deadly Premonitions & Sanitarium


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 8073
Quote:
I can't stand the damn fighting.

Why? Because it's too hard? :roll:
C'mon. . .


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jul 2010
Notes left: 106
Last seen at: Flatpoint High
Mephisto wrote:
Quote:
I can't stand the damn fighting.

Why? Because it's too hard? :roll:
C'mon. . .


xD X X X Y Y Y X X Y A X X X. You win.

_________________
"I stole the TV.” ~ Jerri Blank, 1999


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 31 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3840
Mephisto wrote:
Quote:
I can't stand the damn fighting.

Why? Because it's too hard? :roll:
C'mon. . .


If we wanted ridiculous amounts of knife-stabby combat, we'd play Resident Evil 4.

_________________
nobody is anybody


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 8073
Quote:
If we wanted ridiculous amounts of knife-stabby combat, we'd play Resident Evil 4.

Resident Evil 4 is mainly, a shooter. The knife is only a helpful item.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1543
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
Mephisto wrote:
Resident Evil 4 is mainly, a shooter. The knife is only a helpful item.


I agree, but that doesn't stop Homecoming from having
Quote:
ridiculous amounts of knife-stabby combat

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jul 2010
Notes left: 35
Last seen at: Out There
Mephisto wrote:
Quote:
I can't stand the damn fighting.

Why? Because it's too hard? :roll:
C'mon. . .


Ha not everyones a combat expert.

_________________
Image Lawls
Current Book: Another Place To Die By Sam North
Current Game: Deadly Premonitions & Sanitarium


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jul 2010
Notes left: 106
Last seen at: Flatpoint High
Agent of God wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Resident Evil 4 is mainly, a shooter. The knife is only a helpful item.


I agree, but that doesn't stop Homecoming from having
Quote:
ridiculous amounts of knife-stabby combat


They also had pole-whacky combat! Et cetera. Et cetera.

_________________
"I stole the TV.” ~ Jerri Blank, 1999


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Jan 2010
Notes left: 1725
Last seen at: Canadiania
Agent of God wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Resident Evil 4 is mainly, a shooter. The knife is only a helpful item.


I agree, but that doesn't stop Homecoming from having
Quote:
ridiculous amounts of knife-stabby combat
There is an option in-game to change weapons.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jul 2010
Notes left: 106
Last seen at: Flatpoint High
Catch22 wrote:
Agent of God wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Resident Evil 4 is mainly, a shooter. The knife is only a helpful item.


I agree, but that doesn't stop Homecoming from having
Quote:
ridiculous amounts of knife-stabby combat
There is an option in-game to change weapons.


So we can choose from a relatively simple shooting style (reminiscent of RE4) or button-smashing "knife-stabby" combat, albeit with various weapons? What a nice selection. :D

_________________
"I stole the TV.” ~ Jerri Blank, 1999


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Jan 2010
Notes left: 1725
Last seen at: Canadiania
All Silent Hill games have relatively simple knife-stabby combat, with various weapons. That's how it's been for years. We've just never been given a knife. It's usually pole-swingy combat.

And the weapon combat in SH games have always mimicked RE games. The old fixed camera auto-aim method in SH 1-4 was taken straight out of the PSX RE games.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jul 2010
Notes left: 106
Last seen at: Flatpoint High
Catch22 wrote:
All Silent Hill games have relatively simple knife-stabby combat, with various weapons. That's how it's been for years. We've just never been given a knife. It's usually pole-swingy combat.

And the weapon combat in SH games have always mimicked RE games. The old fixed camera auto-aim method in SH 1-4 was taken straight out of the PSX RE games.


I'm not complaining, I'm just naturally argumentative. I get it from my father. I don't have many issues with Silent Hill Homecoming other than the fact that it's boring and the story is predictable to a point. :)

_________________
"I stole the TV.” ~ Jerri Blank, 1999


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Jan 2010
Notes left: 1725
Last seen at: Canadiania
I'm not upset or anything that you're saying these things about Homecoming. I'm just trying to drive my own point home, for the sake of debate. So it's all good. :D


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jul 2010
Notes left: 106
Last seen at: Flatpoint High
Catch22 wrote:
I'm not upset or anything that you're saying these things about Homecoming. I'm just trying to drive my own point home, for the sake of debate. So it's all good. :D


And obviously your point was the correct one, as I stepped out from behind my false barricade. :D

_________________
"I stole the TV.” ~ Jerri Blank, 1999


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Jan 2010
Notes left: 1725
Last seen at: Canadiania
Heh, thanks, I appreciate it. And for the sake of the thread and as a sign of good faith, I'll add a con of my own...

Alex's teeth.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: