Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 11 Dec 2019

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: What do you think ps3 will do for SH5?

Missing since: 05 Sep 2007
Notes left: 38
Well have only seen a few pics of the game.
Do you guys think ps3 is right for Sh5?And what do you think it will be like?

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Feb 2007
Notes left: 732
Last seen at: Midwich Elementary School
it will do just what the other consoles have done before....and also why just PS3, though i don't like Xbox you missed 360 out :P

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
Make it inaccessible for a lot of people and likely harm the game's sales.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

I saw on the News Xbox 360s have been doing odd stuff(stop working at all) mass people were taking them back for new ones.This is why i think ps3 is better. :3

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Feb 2005
Notes left: 100
Last seen at: Arlington, VA
Tamako wrote:
I saw on the News Xbox 360s have been doing odd stuff(stop working at all) mass people were taking them back for new ones.This is why i think ps3 is better. :3

But they extended the warranty to 3 years as an attempt to compensate (which is more than can be said about Sony's widespread overheating PS1s and disc-read-erroring PS2s), and are supposed to be introducing a new chip of some sort to help ease the problem (I don't really know all the technical details)...

I was an early adopter of the Playstation (Resident Evil and Twisted Metal had me sold before Nintendo dropped "Ultra" from the N64's name), and at the beginning of last generation I was an avid believer than PS2 would come out on top... I've literally never played an original Xbox (I held the controller once when it first came out to see if it was as big as people said it was) or a 360...
But even I see no reason to own a PS3...
At least not yet and/or not at $600...

That said... If the question is what will NEXT-GEN do for Silent Hill 5...
Well, luckily the pictures seem to indicate a return of the flashlight, which is something I have been hoping for to show off the magical improved lighting technologies...

And a sort of random one here, I liked the idea SH3 had with the "living" walls... I just don't think PS2 had the power to fully realize that idea... It'd be neat if they tried something like that again... *nod*

Post subject:

I think the PS3 will work just fine. Didnt they already say that Xbox was unable to hold all the information that a PS3 potentially would? Personally I have a PS3 and some of the games they have out are much more impressive than I think Xbox 360 could ever do. but I agree that if they make is just for PS3 then their going to have some problems cause not everyones going to go out and buy one just for the game, like I did. But I couldnt ever dream of not playing this game, shitty or not. Silent Hill is Silent Hill. my home

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 May 2006
Notes left: 1070
alone in the town wrote:
Make it inaccessible for a lot of people and likely harm the game's sales.

I think the thread title should be called, "What will SH5 do for the ps3?".

Alone's thought is quite probable... but Konami's decision to develop for the new consoles is necessary regardless of the ps3 price. They can't make it for both ps2 and ps3 systems. The gaming industry is moving forward and should not take any steps backwards for extra sales. Just think of how many people are deciding to make the PSP purchase for Origins now that more info is steadily coming about.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

A lot of fanboys said SH5 should have been for xbox360 =/

Post subject:

Tamako. . . It's gonna be for both ps3 AND 360, and more than likely pc.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

WHA?! i thought they said ps3 only?!Do you have a link of it saying it will be for both?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Aug 2005
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Reading, PA
Tamako wrote:
WHA?! i thought they said ps3 only?!Do you have a link of it saying it will be for both?

http://games.ign.com/articles/803/803921p1.html

Post subject:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TrUlt5GrLBI

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 May 2007
Notes left: 99
Last seen at: The American Empire

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
if its gonna be for both ps3 and 360,then i would buy a 360 for it first. just for the fact that its $200 cheaper than a system thats not $200 better than it.sony is starting to get ridiculous.dont they realize that its just a console?im surprised so many people have bought it..... :?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

*sobs* I did not know it would be for 360 too..(feels dumb) T-T

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Feb 2005
Notes left: 100
Last seen at: Arlington, VA
Moosefrenzy wrote:
Just think of how many people are deciding to make the PSP purchase for Origins now that more info is steadily coming about.

A small fraction of the niche market of Silent Hill fans. Neither SH3 or 4 even made greatest hits status (sales requirement of 400,000 units)...
Not exactly the boost that say, an original Grand Theft Auto game would give the system...
... Oh...

People already know MGS4 and FFXIII are coming to PS3... I guess maybe everybody is just waiting for those games to actually be released before they buy one? *scratches noggin*

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
DeathsHand wrote:
Moosefrenzy wrote:
Just think of how many people are deciding to make the PSP purchase for Origins now that more info is steadily coming about.

A small fraction of the niche market of Silent Hill fans. Neither SH3 or 4 even made greatest hits status (sales requirement of 400,000 units)...
Not exactly the boost that say, an original Grand Theft Auto game would give the system...
... Oh...

People already know MGS4 and FFXIII are coming to PS3... I guess maybe everybody is just waiting for those games to actually be released before they buy one? *scratches noggin*

they are waiting, because there's still the rumor that MGS4 may actually get a port to the 360. i dont think Kojima would confirm a port prior to the PS3 release, because it'd really hurt PS3's already low sales. the PS3 does have more raw power than the 360, but many multiconsole games for 360 and PS3 look and play better on the 360. i still havent seen a game on PS3 that looks better than Gears of War. the blu ray and dvd comparison is really made a lot. and sure, the blu ray is much better, but blu ray discs have nothing to do with the power of the PS3 nor the 360. plus, keep in mind that no game that's ever been released for either console have come close to taking up the entire space of an actual DVD.

i definitely plan to get a PS3 at some point, but i just dont see the point of owning one now. i think sony was hoping they'd get a ton of exclusive games just for PS3. however with games like Devil may cry 4, assassins creed and dark sector seeing a multiconsole release, sony now has a problem due to it's price tag.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Jan 2007
Notes left: 116
Last seen at: Chicago
I think the question should be, "What can't the PS3 do for SHV?" The 360 has the X-Box Market place, which usually has downloadable extra features and add-ons for their games. Granted, the PS3 may also have their own version of the Marketplace, but I don't know or care enough about the PS3 to find out.

Hell, they may even use X-Box Live to include online multiplayer gaming. I don't know about you, but popping SHV into my 360, signing on to X-Box Live, and getting "pwned" by and "uber-1337" 12-year-old that calls me a faggot every 4 seconds would really take Silent Hill to a whole new level.

And for the record, fuck the PS3.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

I dont think....i know Silent hill 5 will not be multiplayer....

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Apr 2006
Notes left: 248
Last seen at: Somewhere in my mind
Hell yeah sh5 is gona be gud on ps3 imagine all the things they can pack in with the blue ray....the potential is insane if they do it right.

One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Share this quote