----------

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

^What monster are you referring to again? i don't remember seeing any monster with scythes for hands.

anyhow, those little short fat monsters from SH1 (the ones in the school) looked as if they had knives for hands. i think they were probably just holding them, but i couldn't tell really due to the graphics. plus it's been a while since i've played the game.
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Yeah and if you ever get a good look at a pendulum in SH3 (which is no easy thing), they are made of out a torso with blades for legs.
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I think it's just the graphics are crisper. That is probably what makes them not look as freaky as usual.
I did too lose that original 'silent hill' feeling with origins. Idk what it is. It was still a good game all in all.
syntheticlung
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by syntheticlung »

I'm talking about this monster here
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/ ... 3/img2.jpg
When you compare the pendulum to this the pendulum looks natural... kind of. It looks like it's grown that way and its spikes aren't shiny metal thats grafted to its body same as the children on SH1. Where as these new monsters look like some crap Clive Barker dreamed up
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

I've played plenty of games that looked great that were horrible. Graphics are important, but if the other elements (plot, gameplay) are bad up then graphics don't mean sh**.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Man, those nurses almost glow in the darkness!!! I hate how they used the nurses from the movie but the real scars are sweet... I don't know what to say... the dynamic camera is good but this makes you feel too action!!! Alex has a lot of moves so I almost sweat just seeing him... I hope that don't be the altenrtae world, it looks too illumkinated for me... Origins had a good otherwolrd and I reallu liked the alternate motel with the rusted cars... ABout the monsters, they look too clean; they need muscuoar textures, blood and tust in them; their shapes also are too "normal" The Silent Hill Creatures must be more bizarre... I hope those guys really be SH fans and not RE fans, I can see ALex jumoping through lasers
Smoky
Just Passing Through

Post by Smoky »

I want my eyes and brain to hurt like they did in the hospital in SH3 during the Otherside. I can only hope this game will have that effect! I've got faith that the noise filters will change everything once they're applied, though the game is looking pretty good already. I just want more!
Listen, all I want out of life is for my bank account to have 58,008 dollars in it, so that when I read my statement upside down, it says "BOOBS".
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

As I'm sure it's been said before, the only problem (which is a HUGE problem in my opinion), is that the monsters look too...un-monsterish. They're too clean (I know for a fact that that's been said before; so true, though). Silent Hill is best known for it's filthy, disturbing fucked up creatures, while these look like something that is not...'grimy' enough. I hope that things either get better, or actually are better than that screenshot. Either way, I'm getting the damn game. Silent Hill, no matter what, is worth buying. Well, hopefully that remains true. Hehe. 8)
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

It all looks very silent hill-ish to me.. I think everyone is just over reacting to this.. I mean damn give the game a chance. It's not even out yet.. and we're already bashing it to pieces.

And from what I've seen the creatures look fine thus far. I think the environments look pretty sweet.. it looks like a cross between sh1 and sh3.. but hopefully they do not steal too much from those games. It will be interesting to see what things look like with the noise filter applied.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

I'm just wondering how many people have actually played or seen Buffy the game? Well if you've not, check out this Gamespot Review. Looks very familiar doesn't it? In fact I would go as far as to declair shenanigans, and put it that SH5 if little more than Buffy with slightly different graphics.
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>I want my eyes and brain to hurt like they did in the hospital in SH3 during the Otherside
We havn't seen any pictures of Alex in the Otherworld yet.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I liked Buffy for GBC... I mean PS2!! PS2!! That was a good game and I had fun playing it, it had some bugs but I enjoyed iot anyway... Off course that wasn't creepy and could have more details from the series for be better...
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

Jonipoon wrote:>I want my eyes and brain to hurt like they did in the hospital in SH3 during the Otherside
We havn't seen any pictures of Alex in the Otherworld yet.
Really? What was that screen with giant fan, church and red sky?
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Breaka wrote:I'm just wondering how many people have actually played or seen Buffy the game? Well if you've not, check out this Gamespot Review. Looks very familiar doesn't it? In fact I would go as far as to declair shenanigans, and put it that SH5 if little more than Buffy with slightly different graphics.
Please stop.
fudgestix

Re: ----------

Post by fudgestix »

If anyone knows the original topic title to this/question I'd be really grateful if you could PM me with the details so I can fix it.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)