----------

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

ultimadream
Just Passing Through

----------

Post by ultimadream »

----------
Last edited by ultimadream on 02 Jul 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Jadeica
Just Passing Through

Post by Jadeica »

The only difference I can see in them is the fact of: Not enough Blood.
'"What are you talking about Miss.Heather? I would know if there Were any monsters... I am the butler after all." Jade handed Heather her tea and walked off into another room. She knows about the monsters, all too well infact, but she didn't have to know about that now, did she?'
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

...Okay, so the graphics are better?
Chris Sunderland
Historical Society Historian

Post by Chris Sunderland »

I honestly fail to see your point. I mean REALLY. A ass shot of Phead and the nurse from SH2, compared to a couple of screenshots from SH5. I think you should just wait and see, or at least find better comparison.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

...it looks better.. :?
19pack
Just Passing Through

Post by 19pack »

I kind of understand what Ultmadream means, especially now that more footage has been released.

From the screen-shots you've provided here SH5 looks too shiny/clean/crisp and un-stylized. I am fairly confident this is because the trademark noise filter hasn't been applied yet. Once that goes back in, I think it will look MUCH better.

The only visual things that I so far have a big problem with are the jerky and stuttered transitions between animations when Alex fights a creature (a bigger deal than you might think), the 'spaghetti' blood splatters (AWFUL-I actually laughed out loud when I saw the dog creature pounce on Alex and maul him - not the developer's desired effect I'm guessing) and the abundance of on-screen button prompts ('Press X to squeeze through this MASSIVE HOLE IN THE WALL')

Aside from the animations, hopefully, all these things can be set on/off on the pause menu. I'd like to think the game grants me enough intelligence to experiment and not be held by the hand with where to go next through garish button prompts (I feel for those who'll be playing this on the 360 as their main button is a bright green one).

If not then it completely detracts from the in-game atmosphere they've been so eager to assure us they're 'getting right'.
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

Jadeica wrote:The only difference I can see in them is the fact of: Not enough Blood.
I agree, the lack of blood makes it seem like something else. Usually all the monsters look as if they where decaying such as the town itself.
The meaning of all life, the universe, and the answer to all questions is:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
Red Pyramid Thing
Just Passing Through

Post by Red Pyramid Thing »

I know what you mean Ultimadream, it doesn't have the dark, dingy look that Silent Hill 2 has. Everything looks to bright and clean. Also I hate that scene in the graveyard, it's the most expected setting for a horror game so that really does dissapoint me and where's the fog!?! Resident Evil 5 anyone?
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Bad choice of screen shots to compare. but I totally agree with your point. The main difference is in contrast. When you compare 5 to the previous titles, all the visuals seems really pale and bland. The colours seem a lot more washed out and muted. Like older silent hill games looked like rust, blood and poo. And they where much darker. Also for something that is sposed to be HD, it really has very little definition. But I'm hoping it mostly because they've not finished doing all the textures, which is one of the most important things about the silent hill look. Some noise and grain filter layers should help to develop that, cause they break everything up and make it all scratchy, but they still need to get it right in the first place.

And yeah I've gotta say that graveyard shot does look pretty resident evil. Not neseesearily a bad thing cause so far RE kicks SH's ass when it comes to outdoor locations (outside of the town centre). But Silent Hill has it's own look which draws on completely different references, so it's be nice if they could just refine that. Honestly that graveyard is such a corny unoriginal idea. What next, black cats, witches and jackalanterns? They may as well have called it Boo! Haunted House!

Hehehehe, never gets old... :lol:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I agree, the lack of blood makes it seem like something else.
Silent Hill 1 didn't have that much blood. Nor did Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill 4. Blood isn't the selling point of the series, unless you're 12.

Does Not Compute.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

i actually recall the firt game having quite a bit of blood. 2 and 4 didn't have much, but three had it all over the place.

I think SH:H looks like a Sh game, and it looks great. you can't please everyone, though.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

I think when the game is released, people won't be so pessimistic about it. I mean, what do we see here? Screens from an unfinished game. They're still working on it and they've assured us that it would be a true Silent Hill. Just because it was made by Americans or because it's in a different style, doesn't necessarily mean that it's not Silent Hill. I'm confident that it will be good. We just need to have a little patience. We can't have all the games to be exactly the same as SH2. Trust me, that would be tiresome.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I could give two shit's less about blood. Whoopti fuckin do!

I think that it is borderline criminal to use better than prior SH title graphics for the new SH5 on Next Gen consoles. WTF are they thinking? I am going to piss and moan like a race horse whore about this!

-Sarcasm fully intended
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>i actually recall the firt game having quite a bit of blood.
It really didn't.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Æ
Location: Plus Forty Seven Degrees 56' 37" Minus Sixteen Degrees 51' 08"

Post by Æ »

^He´s probably confusing the blood with all those rusty scenarios.
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/705/cpiadebarrierdetail1oq0.jpg[/img]
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

it's the lack of darkness and noise effect. i agree that it doesn't look as good; i hope there's a bit more of those elements added. nothing like having to completely rely on the flashlight - which doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as it was before, in the screenshots we've seen so far.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Georgeo-0
Just Passing Through

Post by Georgeo-0 »

I'll agree it doesent feel quite as dirty and disturbing, They need to bring back the SH3 filter imo.
Minor details tho.
Æ
Location: Plus Forty Seven Degrees 56' 37" Minus Sixteen Degrees 51' 08"

Post by Æ »

Silent Hill 3 is the best looking game in the series. They should take some inspiration from it. Also, it's atmosphere is very aprehensive and unconfortable. I hope they haven't shown a bit of what the Otherworld will look like.
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/705/cpiadebarrierdetail1oq0.jpg[/img]
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

There is already somekind of noise effect. You can see it from the new videos. It's like broken film effect what was in SH4 but harder to see.

But yes more darkness, dirtiness, blood and brown tones please.
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

Georgeo-0 wrote:it doesent feel quite as dirty and disturbing
Yeah, I guess that's a good way to put it. But I like the 2nd SH5 pic. :)
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]