For those who do not own a PS3/360...

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Being grown is indeed the suck. I can't buy my toys unless I don't want to have the electricity on which to play them, or a house in which to have said electricity, or acar to get me to work so I can afford said electricity and house, or food... you get the point. But I get to do all sorts of other fun things.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
kamui3
Just Passing Through

Post by kamui3 »

I'll probably buy a ps3 to play SH5
headkickrodeo
Just Passing Through

Post by headkickrodeo »

I'd rather spend $500 on a nice Telecaster. Hell, even a bottom-of-the-line Gibson mandolin. The console industry is just...strange. They're all turning into computers that you hook up to a TV and can't upgrade when it's outdated...what the fuck? Does a vibrating controller make that much of a difference?

paladin181 wrote:Being grown is indeed the suck. I can't buy my toys unless I don't want to have the electricity on which to play them, or a house in which to have said electricity, or acar to get me to work so I can afford said electricity and house, or food... you get the point. But I get to do all sorts of other fun things.
Bishop Sasarai
Historical Society Historian

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Amen to that. My favorite systems to own are the PS2 (since it's got tons of RPGs as well as the entire PSX RPG library, also huge) and the SNES (also tons of RPGs). The PSP and DS are gaining ground with me as well.

Everything else is just...crap. I just look at the "next gen" lineup and shake my head. I don't want a console that I can play mp3s on and go online with. I can do that with my PC. Just want something that plays games, thanks.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Bishop Sasarai wrote:Amen to that. My favorite systems to own are the PS2 (since it's got tons of RPGs as well as the entire PSX RPG library, also huge) and the SNES (also tons of RPGs). The PSP and DS are gaining ground with me as well.

Everything else is just...crap. I just look at the "next gen" lineup and shake my head. I don't want a console that I can play mp3s on and go online with. I can do that with my PC. Just want something that plays games, thanks.
Well you've gotta be patient you know? It takes time for any system to build a library. The PS2 PSOne, SNES all equally had a lack of great games when they started out.

Also games for this generation require a lot more work than they ever did so games take longer to develop until companies get used to streamlining their work better or hiring more staff. But in awhile it'll all work out.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

That's pretty sad, really, that they want to watch you play that badly. I personally would prefer my own game experience to watching someone else experience the fun.
I know. I encouraged them to just wait until they can get their own game and play or they could just play mine some other time but they just at first want to see me most likely get stuck and end up getting killed every 4th minute. LOL! I'm sure they'll want to play on their own after seeing me fail so bad.
But if you've been following the series haven't you been playing the majority of the games on PS2? The PS3 controller will be exactly the same... Besides, the 5th one is also coming for the 360.
I know this, but i'm a pretty hardcore gamer. I use my PS2 controllers to the bone and the PS3 controller definantly needs me to break it in. That's all I meant. :)
PrinceOfDarkness
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PrinceOfDarkness »

I just found out that my Playstation 3 can't play Berserk for Playstation 2, and with me being a extreme fan of the Berserk Anime and Manga, This is a nightmare ...FUCK NTSC! :x Does anyone know how I can play the game
without having to spend a shit load of money?
http://www.animephilosopher.com/darktreyfox/images/signature023.gif
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

PrinceOfDarkness wrote:I just found out that my Playstation 3 can't play Berserk for Playstation 2, and with me being a extreme fan of the Berserk Anime and Manga, This is a nightmare ...FUCK NTSC! :x Does anyone know how I can play the game
Hopefully you still have your PS2?

In any case what is the problem? Which country are you from and what PS3 SKU do you have?
PrinceOfDarkness
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PrinceOfDarkness »

jdnation wrote:
PrinceOfDarkness wrote:I just found out that my Playstation 3 can't play Berserk for Playstation 2, and with me being a extreme fan of the Berserk Anime and Manga, This is a nightmare ...FUCK NTSC! :x Does anyone know how I can play the game
Hopefully you still have your PS2?

In any case what is the problem? Which country are you from and what PS3 SKU do you have?
I don't, but i can get another for cheap. I live in Ontario Canada. How could I play it with a Playstation 2? I don't think there is any other way besides getting it modded.
http://www.animephilosopher.com/darktreyfox/images/signature023.gif
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

PrinceOfDarkness wrote:I don't, but i can get another for cheap. I live in Ontario Canada. How could I play it with a Playstation 2? I don't think there is any other way besides getting it modded.
Oh wait... is it an import game? Then it's most likely region locked... So you're going to need a modded PS2... PS3s aren't moddable yet and probably won't be for awhile...
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Lots of people (myself included) were hoping the PS3 would be the answer to our PS2 region woes. It's not. Only PS3 games are region-less, all the region restrictions for the PS2 still apply... which means that I still won't be able to play Forbidden Siren 2...

Eventually, I might just buy a PAL PS2 with A/V and AC converters to play on my NTSC TV. The hell I go to for a British game... geez...
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

There is no way I am not owning this game, so next week I am buying a PS3.....I dispise the Xbox. So it's Playstation 3 for me :D

That's not the only reason I'm getting one but it's the main reason....I'll have MGS4 to tick me over untill September
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

I wanted to buy a PS3 this past weekend. but no one has an 80 GB anymore. i may just buy the 40GB and another PS2 (bleh) so i can still play my old PS2 games. either that, or wait for the holidays as i'm sure Sony will be putting some more 80GBs out.?
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Skele wrote:I wanted to buy a PS3 this past weekend. but no one has an 80 GB anymore. i may just buy the 40GB and another PS2 (bleh) so i can still play my old PS2 games. either that, or wait for the holidays as i'm sure Sony will be putting some more 80GBs out.?
If the MGS4 80GBs are sold out then I recommend waiting until after E3 to see if Sony has any news regarding that... Sony's press conference is on the 15th of July.

Then again it might also be cool to pick up a 40GB with that WalMart offer as long as it lasts if it's still available. It's up to you.

UPDATE: Sony will be putting out more MGS4 80GB bundles in July
http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/new ... y_July.htm
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Yes, I will be buying a PS3 in September... or at least October. As soon as I can manage. It won't be easy, but it must be done.
Keeping my PS2, of course. That thing has served me well for so long.
Georgeo-0
Just Passing Through

Post by Georgeo-0 »

Ill be buying a ps3 in a few weeks here, i already have a 360, but imma go for silent hill on ps3 anyways (Need Mgs 4, disgaea 3, and the 2d fighters coming out for ps3 anyways). I got lots of expendable money to throw around so ill try to update my gaming area as much as possible befor sh5 comes out. Sh Hd, surround sound, oh it will be glorious.
plastique-nouveau
Hope House Careworker

Post by plastique-nouveau »

I just got a 360 from my boyfriend for our 1 year anniversary. I absolutely can't wait for Silent Hill 5..

I was beginning to worry, because I haven't been able to afford any new systems. College does that to you.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/plastique-nouveau/pn_sig_nurse1.jpg[/img]
Ø//+
[color=blue][b]Love is just a bloodsport.[/b][/color]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

i'm getting a PS3 for 2 games
- Silent Hill 5
- Resident Evil 5

and then i'll go back to my good old Ninetendo Wii.
Becula
Just Passing Through

Post by Becula »

I don't really like having to get a new system for the game, but I know I'd get a new system eventually anyway. I haven't decided between a PS3 or a 360 yet though. I guess I'll just get whichever is cheaper.
Your mom looks like an Insane Cancer.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

i just bought a PS3 almost a month ago. I'll probably be the big dork i am and buy SH:H for both my 360 and PS3. i got a PS3 just for certain exclusives i can't get on 360. so i don't plan to own too many games for it.