Lillian Shepherd

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

I just figured she's been stabbed or shot and as she'd been laying there in pain you could either watch her suffer or kill her there and then.

A torture rack?

Seriously?!
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

^^^Someone must want her to suffer badly. I mean, look at all the other characters in the SH games. I don't think there is another character tortured this way that is not of their own doing (or, er, Walter's). This type of torture has either been inflicted on her by her own subconscious or some Alessa-esque character wants her to suffer.

My money is on Josh being a real little bastard. :/
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

Or some cult member put her there for the sake of putting her there.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

^^^That's the kind of crap that pisses me off, though. "LOL WE TORTURED/KILLED A CHARACTER JUST 'CAUSE IDK STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS." That's generally not how Silent Hill works. There's a purpose for almost every character-related death in the game.

Do you actually know that she was put there by a cult member, or are you just throwing theories out there?

Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

Just throwing theories, but I'm specting something without any reason at all.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Its a bit of a James decision there

Let her die a slow painfull death
or
Kill her to put her out of her pain
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Yes it is, very much so.

I personally think Curtis is the one who set up the devise. I've always gotten a weird vibe off of him...

You know, the first thing I thought of when I discovered there was a torture device involved was Walter. Weird, right?
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

^^^Not really, he was the first person I thought of too.

Walter's just a kinky guy.

Er... I mean... ಠ_ಠ

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

It seems obvious to me that pretty much all the Shepards blame themselves for the collapse of their family. Alex goes on the Otherworld journey for his, Lilian gets this self-torture.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You didn't answer my question, AuraTwilight.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh, sorry, I overlooked it. Now that I double-check, I got "L.S." mixed up with one of the Ten Hearts Sacraments. Forget I said anything, then.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Not a problem.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

That was a crazy part of the game right there. I couldn't decide and just hit both buttons at the same time and ended up with the mercy killing.
Crimsonsloth
Just Passing Through

Post by Crimsonsloth »

wow how many of you beat the game...

alright I'm pretty sure and hope that DH just didn't sit around watching saw and putting random shit in it.

Yes a torture device that is saw like but my god make some simple connections.

JUDGE HOLLOWAY... yes she's a judge and also big into the group that escaped from silent hill and lives in the Glenn. Alright obviously if you beat the game you would know Holloway is way pissed off at Adam Shepard and she is basically trying to make things right by restoring order by offering the sacrifices needed to protect her family. Since Alex's Mother was taken by the order you could say that they put her in this contraption as a sacrifice. The machine was running until bam the power went out... thus letting the darkness in. The machine stops Holloway gets spooked and books it as well as devises the whole plan to strap herself into that chair so innocent Ol' Alex would track her down(thats what i believe but it could have been silent hill got a hold of her and was going to let her have it in a similar way that she uses her power of judgment to execute)... anyway back to my rant. The town lets sweet ol' Lil live just a little longer until Alex makes it to her. Alex is posed with a choice because the town is giving him a chance at his revenge against his neglectful mother. Further delving into it Alex choice given to him by the town decides his fate as to if he will go out as a changed person or if he will stay in Silent hill because he belongs(see endings for explanation).

I know that post was long but all of that shouldn't just be clumped with saw because it was a torture movie... torture has been longed used and since there is a Judge character in silent hill: homecoming, why the hell not add it if it applies to the story.

Anyway feel free to contest these connections.
Who has time for tears?