homecoming soundtrack to be released- end of september

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

what's the hell's taking them so long to release the official soundtrack I wonder...

I mean come on
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I just went to this site to get a listen at the unofficial soundtrack and I gotta say that I absolutely love "One more Soul to the Call". It is one of the best vocal songs in the series thus far.
CutTheVeinAgain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CutTheVeinAgain »

Harrys_Girl wrote:I just went to this site to get a listen at the unofficial soundtrack and I gotta say that I absolutely love "One more Soul to the Call". It is one of the best vocal songs in the series thus far.
I'm listening to this now. I really like that song. I'll be glad when I have this soundtrack in my hands.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Still no word on it yet? Gurr, I have all the others. I NEED this soundtrack! I have the unofficial one but it's just not the same as actually having it in your hands.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I know what you mean I really liked it.
"The Body Is Cold?"
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

There are a few songs that sound very, VERY similar to others in the series, like the exact same thing, like: part of Scarlet sounding like Wrong is Right from Silent Hill: Zer0 sountrack or Assault on the Police Station sounding like Meltdown from Silent Hill: Zer0 sountrack.

I wonder why they are just reusing music in such a... pardon the word choice, but lazy way? I know they have reused music before, but they usually play it in a different key or on a different instrument, or even hide it in the back ground. These are blantently reused.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Well, technically it's not "they." Akira Yamaoka still does the music, correct? We can't really blame it on Double Helix.

I didn't even notice, to be honest. I thought the music was on par with the third, but I think my favorite game in the series musically would have to be Origins. Homecoming was just standard Yamaoka, though I did like the few vocal tracks.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

i think it was just their way of making things feel familiar, kind of revamping the same music to give you a familiar feeling while playing through something that was different than what we are used to. i really don't think it was an "easy" or "lazy" way out. maybe i'm wrong but i think akira did this on purpose
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

To me, the Homecoming music does have a very Silent Hill feeling to it. I noticed that some of it's repetitive, but to me, a lot of the songs in the series have a certain repetitious feeling to them. I really, really liked the music in Homecoming, I guess it was just my style :D
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I can't wait to buy it. At the moment I'm just Youtube-ing some of the songs. Alex Theme and One More Soul to the Call are on repeat. I love them so much. The Scarlet one is great too, nice blend of creepy, sad & beautiful.
"The Body Is Cold?"
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

well i went to gamestop yesterday and the guy i knew very well was there. apparently they needed him at another store for the holiday season which is why he hasn't been there in a while. when i walked in, he immediately reached into a drawer behind the counter and handed me a copy of the silent hill soundtrack. apparently they were giving it away during a weekend special with purchase of the game long after its release. since he knew i was a big silent hill fan, he held on to the last one for me. however, on the back of the cd case, i noticed a big "not for resale" sticker on it. so i came to the conclusion that if you missed out on the opportunity to get the soundtrack from gamestop, there is no way you can purchase it unless you find it on ebay.
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Harrys_Girl wrote:I just went to this site to get a listen at the unofficial soundtrack and I gotta say that I absolutely love "One more Soul to the Call". It is one of the best vocal songs in the series thus far.
......Now it's time to hack and steal from the site... lol :p j/k ........or am I?

XD

In any case I have the Official soundtrack. HAHAHA!!! ......Well sort of...:p
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
Happy Burger
Just Passing Through

Post by Happy Burger »

i wish they would put the soundtrack on itunes or sell it at hot topic or SOMETHING. the sacred line, one more soul to the call, and scarlet's theme are always stuck in my head and i want to listen to it when im going someplace.
(i always seem to listen to silent hill music at the doctor's because it calms me down)
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/fayharuno/Higurashi/higurashisprite23.gif[/img]
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

That would make it a lot easier, I would say if they did that all major video game releases. That way I would have had the music to Megaman 9 or Prince Of Persia on my computer a Long time ago. :p
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

^^exactly. if they did that, there wouldn't be as much pirating either
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

DarkeningNightmare - Would you be able to do me a favour and identify whether the several Homecoming soundtrack CD's currently on eBay are the same as the one you got from Gamestop?

eBay

I don't want to pay for any of these unless I have some faith that they're genuine.
"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

They look like bootlegs to me. There has been no official word on the soundtracks so I'm gonna say they arent real.
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

DarkeningNightmare has said that the soundtrack was given away as a promo at Gamestop. I want to see if these items on eBay are the same as the promo that he got, in which case I'll purchase one.
"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

To me, I really think they are fake. Zoom in on that picture and you can tell it's been printed out and it looks like someone has photoshopped the word "soundtrack" onto where it usually says Shepherd. Also, no photograph of the back of the case? Seems dodgy to me. That's my honest opinion.

If it does turn out to be genuine then by God it's tacky.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Not necessarily, there has definitely been a soundtrack given away at a gamestop promo when purchasing the game. These ebay things may just be those.