The "I GOT IT!" Thread + Spoiler-Free Impressions

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

^

Hah, should have pre-ordered. =)

Speaking of girlfriends, mine is supportive of my Silent Hill playing, but she doesn't like when I don't get my work done....

Trying to lure her into the storyline. >=3
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Alright, so I beat the first boss with little effort. I then made my way through the police station, which though very intense was a bit too action-packed for a Silent Hill game. Now I am currently in the sewers and it's a pleasant break from all the RE style action from the latter level, though it's still creepy. The feeling that Alex and Elle are being watched is evident in the sewer stage, and the pacing is MUCH better.

The game is getting very interesting, but I can only hope that there are no more "hack n slash" type stages in the rest of the game.
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

"right after Wheeler's fate." Thanks, thanks a lot.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

i don't really get that RE feeling when there's 3-4 monsters on the screen, nor when playing the game. i just get scared and start debating whether i need to run or stay and fight. plus, it's not like you have a ton of ammo to kill these monsters with (like you do in RE).

anyhow, if you don't like being attacked by more than one monster at a time, you're going to be disappointed the further you progress in the game.
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

TheRedOne wrote:Alright, so I beat the first boss with little effort. I then made my way through the police station, which though very intense was a bit too action-packed for a Silent Hill game. Now I am currently in the sewers and it's a pleasant break from all the RE style action from the latter level, though it's still creepy. The feeling that Alex and Elle are being watched is evident in the sewer stage, and the pacing is MUCH better.

The game is getting very interesting, but I can only hope that there are no more "hack n slash" type stages in the rest of the game.
See, I didn't mind it. If it were the entire game, it would definetly bother me. But where it was (especially directly following a relatively traditional SH stage) it mixed things up nicely for me. Definetly wasn't expecting it.

I do have this to say, the entire police station part wasn't especially scary. I don't think it was supposed to be. But I can't wait to run into those Schism things in a darker, more Silent Hill-esque situation.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
Nightmareish Waltzer
Just Passing Through

Post by Nightmareish Waltzer »

I'm waiting for someone on YouTube to put up a Gameplay Video...I wish I had PS3 Money.
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

SethSunderland wrote:^

Hah, should have pre-ordered. =)

Speaking of girlfriends, mine is supportive of my Silent Hill playing, but she doesn't like when I don't get my work done....

Trying to lure her into the storyline. >=3
I should have....

I am trying to decide about Fallout3, Resistance 2, and DeadSpace. There are so many coming out for PS3 right now...

My wife HATES Silent Hill, but knows I love it and fully expected me to drive out after work (we car pool) and get it. She had dinner waiting for me!

I can only play it at night.
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
jdmma70
Just Passing Through

Post by jdmma70 »

So i just picked up the game and i like what im seeing so far especially the difficulty im really having to actually try to keep myself alive its gets the job done knowing you dont have that much health supplies. Ill play some more after i get off work.
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

Anybody else notice how glitchy those needlers are? Awesome monster design, but every once in awhile they'll magically appear three feet above where they were just standing.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

AgentNein wrote:I don't know, weather or not people like the game I don't think any fan can deny that DH didn't half ass their approach to this game. They put their all behind trying to please the fans, and also give them something they haven't seen with a Silent Hill game before. You have to respect that.
Exactly, you have to remember the legacy DH was up against. When you have 4 really solid titles prceeding it, a new platform to develop for... I think they did a pretty damn good job. I think those of us that were planning on being on horribly dissapointed were pleasantly suprised for the most part.
revalations 23:16
oocladableeblah
Just Passing Through

Post by oocladableeblah »

Why did Team Silent stop making sh? Did they get fired or just not want to make sh anymore and want to make something else?

Glad to hear some of you hard core fans are enjoying the game. I agree SHACKled89451.
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

"not want to make sh anymore and want to make something else."
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

didn't they get liquidated into the rest of Capcom?
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

God, I hope not...

It'd be nice to see them come back and do another Silent Hill, or at least a survival-horror game of some sort. I miss Team Silent, and no offense to Double Helix, who did an excellent job with Homecoming I might as well add. :D
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

yeah, i'm sure if capcom wanted to they could pull the team back together (or at least the team members that really make the difference)

food for thought, I don't know if you knew this, but there are actually two different team silents. the first one made SH1, and SH3, the second one made SH2 and The Room. Which would would you rather resurrect if you could?
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

SH2 AND THE ROOM TEAM FTW!!!!!!

...Sorry about that.

Anyway, you keep saying Capcom, I really hope you mean Konami. :|
Georgeo-0
Just Passing Through

Post by Georgeo-0 »

TheRedOne wrote:God, I hope not...

It'd be nice to see them come back and do another Silent Hill, or at least a survival-horror game of some sort. I miss Team Silent, and no offense to Double Helix, who did an excellent job with Homecoming I might as well add. :D
Theres siren.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Why are people mentioning Capcom!? That's Resident Evil territory! Konami made Silent Hill...and i agree...BRING BACK TEAM SILENT!
oocladableeblah
Just Passing Through

Post by oocladableeblah »

AgentNein wrote:yeah, i'm sure if capcom wanted to they could pull the team back together (or at least the team members that really make the difference)

food for thought, I don't know if you knew this, but there are actually two different team silents. the first one made SH1, and SH3, the second one made SH2 and The Room. Which would would you rather resurrect if you could?
Really? I didn't know that.
Well you could bring the two teams into one and that would be a damn good sh game.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

AgentNein wrote:yeah, i'm sure if capcom wanted to they could pull the team back together (or at least the team members that really make the difference)

That's not true at all, there's only one Team Silent, and they were responsible for every title except SH origins, and Homecoming...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Silent

Where did you hear that bs?

>Why are people mentioning Capcom!? That's Resident Evil territory! Konami made Silent Hill...and i agree...BRING BACK TEAM SILENT!

Incidentally, Konami didn't make SH, just as Capcom didn't make RE.. they are the publishers/distributors...
:)
Last edited by SHACKled89451 on 04 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
revalations 23:16