References to past games, full o' spoilers!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Nikkolas
Just Passing Through

Post by Nikkolas »

So there's absolutely no reference to SH4 anywhere in the game? Sad....
Droo

Post by Droo »

There are numerous circular holes in the Hotel. That could be a reference to SH4.

Oh, and Scarlet was killed by knives. Hence Dr. Fitch's mode of death.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
keepness
Just Passing Through

Post by keepness »

the prison would be one i guess, cause there is a prison in 2.

a thought of mine is, where there any mentions of 2's Laura? maybe she's a halloway? in a way she looks like judge halloway. maybe there related some how!

and can someone help me out with the half male/female thing. how does it relate to james when you get the achievment?

and of course the famous pipe!, and the fact that there was a bunch of big back-stabbers! :D
umm...yeah,whatever!
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

Fact. Judge Holloway isn't Laura. It was a good theory pre-release, but playing the game, I know this is impossible. Judge Holloway is 53 according to the manual, and if Homecoming took place in 2007 and SH2 took place in 1991, there is no way it's Laura.
Hurm...
Chris Sunderland
Historical Society Historian

Post by Chris Sunderland »

"No, in fact you don't get a map of this area of Silent Hill, so no one knows where in Silent Hill the hotel is at."

There is a map, you can see it when you find the SH map, though it doesn't give much of a clue to where in SH it is. It has the street name, but I'm not near my PS3 so I don't know. I wanna say Sagen.

In Alex's house, if you hit X on the missing picture on the stair case it says "there was a picture here, it's gone now". We all know where that ones from!
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Fact. Judge Holloway isn't Laura.
Not to mention that Ms. Holloway's first name is Margaret.

>though it doesn't give much of a clue to where in SH it is.
The Grand Hotel is shown on the map. How can people not find it?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Chris Sunderland

I really haven't bothered too much with the map yet.
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

Doo-glas wrote:
Morbid.Marionette wrote:In the hospital at the start of the game, in the room with the baby incubators there's a burnt doll in one of them.
Which could symbolize Alyssa.
funny that, I thought it was foreshadowing for the "doll boss" (Scarlett)
I thought it was more representative of Alessa as well. Sure, Scarlet has an obvious reference to dolls, but the way her story went, being burned doesn't fit with it.

If you look at one of the bunny drawings Josh does, it shows several scenes-- one of which is a bunny on fire, which could also represent Alessa, as there's no other reference to fire in the game.
I'm offended by political correctness.
Kenny28
Just Passing Through

Post by Kenny28 »

Anyone get the Big Rig Alex costume? :3

Guess Double Helix really liked Travis or something....
KLGChaos wrote:
If you look at one of the bunny drawings Josh does, it shows several scenes-- one of which is a bunny on fire, which could also represent Alessa, as there's no other reference to fire in the game.
You mean outside of that sorta "going to hell" sequence and the "sacrificing the bunny" thing?

Any time you investigated those weird fan vents, Alex would comment on the intense heat coming from thing as well....and you've also got the smog, which almost seem to be BUBBLING with a magma-like substance.

The streets of Silent Hill were kinda steaming when you get their by boat too. That might've just been a thing taken from the movie but you never know when they might decide to expand on it, especially when/if Team Silent goes back to the series.
Last edited by Kenny28 on 09 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny28
Just Passing Through

Post by Kenny28 »

Mah bad, broheim. I lost track of what thread I was in....feel free to delete this ;>>
Last edited by Kenny28 on 09 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

Kenny28 wrote: You mean outside of that sorta "going to hell" sequence and the "sacrificing the bunny" thing?
True, but none of the sacrifices in the game were by fire, so I chose to take it to represent something else. I could be totally wrong, but I'd like to think they did think about the other games when doing this and at least have some reference to the girl that started it all.
Inner Eye
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Inner Eye »

OMG ur-ville LOL
Anyway, I think the Otherworld took a form based on the coal mine under the town, there really is one in the game. I don't know if the mine is supposed to be on fire, but it comes from the fact that they took more then a few visual tips from the movie. Not that that is a bad thing, I really like the look of the Otherworld in Homecoming. The coal mine look gives it a more oppresive feel, granted I would really like to see the bleeding walls from SH3 agian.
Resident Cajun and Wolf.
Chris Sunderland

I'd really like to see something new. Red's not scary any more.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

I found an interesting easter egg.

On a grave in Dargento Cemetery in the Moon Garden it says:

"2
is
Red"

Perhaps it's referring to Silent Hill 2 and 5 (Homecoming), the only two Silent Hill games to feature the Red Pyramid.
Hurm...
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

There was another one with a 1 and 4 in it, but I forget what it said exactly. I felt it had to mean something, I just didn't know what. :P
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: References to past games, full o' spoilers!

Post by Girl Interrupted »

ur-vile wrote:Travis makes a cameo at the very beginning of the game, driving Alex to Silent Hill. He's not mentioned by name, but it's been confirmed to be him by the developers.
As much as I love this game, how is it that Travis is in Homecoming when Homecoming's story takes place after Silent Hill and Silent Hill Origins? No I'm not saying it isn't Travis or anything, I believe you when you say the creators say its him but I'm just pointing this out since Wheeler brings up Cybil and Cybil doen't go to that town till years after Origins and then Homecoming's story takes place after those two games.
I guess you could say Travis still continues his job as a trucker, but if I went through the whole SH experience I would never go near that town again.
Kenny28
Just Passing Through

Post by Kenny28 »

He DOESN'T go near Silent Hill. He drives him to Shepherd's Glen.
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

Aren't they pretty close to one another though?

Nevermind then, must have missed something. haha
Kenny28
Just Passing Through

Post by Kenny28 »

Well, they're by the same lake....there's no specific distances stated though.