Discuss your favorite scene(s) *major spoilers*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

MidnightDemon wrote:No "oh hamburgers!" or something lame.
It's funny...I thought the exact same thing. :p lol
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

MMY wrote:Scarlet's music is the pinnacle of Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill compositions.
Not to mention the pinnacle of boss fights in the series....
revalations 23:16
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

I think my favorite scenes were the ones involving Scarlet. Like already has been said, the boss fight music was awesome, too. I also really liked the intro scene for Sepulcher.

I think the scene that got me the most emotional was the final conversations between Alex and Lillian as well as between Alex and Adam, and the scene immediately after you beat the final boss.
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

Enika wrote:I also really liked the intro scene for Sepulcher.
Same here. "You sick fuck! WHAT DID YOU DO?"
Mantorok Narokath Redgormor
Whispered-Rain
Just Passing Through

Post by Whispered-Rain »

I loved this game so much it's hard to choose.

Scene wise I still really love the hotel scene where Alex asks Josh to not let him fall...
Also the scenes talking to Mayor Bartlett and Dr. Fitch were pretty epic. Mainly Fitch's. It seriosly freaked me the fuck out. I really wasn't expecting him to be laden with self inflicted wounds. I also was somehow hoping that maybe the doll wouldn't do anything super creepy, but of course it did. haha. I'm glad though, because it disturbed me so much.
Hell descent in general was excellent.

Also the scene with Alex's dad, both in the confession booth and when PH comes in,

My favorite part of all has to be The Attic level. It was creepy but so emotional, and gave me the feeling I was finnaly seeing what was really there all along, if that makes sense. It was just surreal really, imagining your own home beging turned into that hellish place.

Scratch that, overall favorite has to be Alex's face when Curtis tells him that Mayor Bartlett now spends his time digging up graves. XD

Overall,
that game is badass.
SakuraTsuji
Just Passing Through

Post by SakuraTsuji »

Pretty much anything involving the Shepherd family and it's background was a wonderful scene for me. I loved the interaction between Josh and Alex and then you had his interaction between his parents, so it had different facets of a family that was broken, more or less.

Actually, anything involving the families was interesting, I liked seeing how all the children were treated differently before their whole sacrificial thing. :) Interesting what people do in situations like this, either they treated the children like they were golden or they seemed to kinda shun them off. Both had their reasons but interestingly did different things so...I dunno, it was just sorta different for me storyline wise.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

My favorite scene is probably the one where Scarlet rises up from the pool of Fitch's blood. the way she's holding him, it's almost like she's a parent holding their child. she bites his head off, holds him in one hand for a sec or two, and then just tosses him aside. loved it.
Arachnid1
Just Passing Through

Post by Arachnid1 »

Either the opening scene where your just getting wheeled through the corridors, or the scene where Wheeler got pulled into the wall. My mouth was hanging open that entire time.

I have to admit though. I found it lame that he was alive later in the game. I thought Nora started some process where she somehow fused with him when she pulled him into the wall, and that was classic Silent Hill fucked up shit. Plus, she seemed to be more than one person put together. I thought that was her thing. Grab people, pull them into the wall, and fuse with them. It was a fucking scary aspect.

The fact that she actually just dropped him off somewhere for the order members or something is phenomenally lame. I feel like they just stuck that part with wheeler into the end of the game to make more multiple endings possible or something.
Last edited by Arachnid1 on 21 Aug 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

My favorite scenes include the ones with Lilian Shepherd. I think she has a deep character, & hell she looks frightening!
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Arachnid1
Just Passing Through

Post by Arachnid1 »

Returbuliz wrote:My favorite scenes include the ones with Lilian Shepherd. I think she has a deep character, & hell she looks frightening!
Actually, your right. Her scenes are pretty up there for me too.
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

Arachnid1 wrote:Either the opening scene where your just getting wheeled through the corridors, or the scene where Wheeler got pulled into the wall. My mouth was hanging open that entire time.

I have to admit though. I found it lame that he was alive later in the game. I thought Nora started some process where she somehow fused with him when she pulled him into the wall, and that was classic Silent Hill fucked up shit. Plus, she seemed to be more than one person put together. I thought that was her thing. Grab people, pull them into the wall, and fuse with them. It was a fucking scary aspect.

The fact that she actually just dropped him off somewhere for the order members or something is phenomenally lame. I feel like they just stuck that part with wheeler into the end of the game to make more multiple endings possible or something.
Brilliant. ;D Oooh, I can imagine beating Nora|Wheeler|Infused with a pipe and having Wheeler scream: "Finish this bitch, Alex!" Or maybe Wheeler's face appears on her body somewhere. *daydreams*

For me, I liked Scarlet's scene, but any scene with Alex and/or Curtis made it for me. I kinda liked the scene where Alex encounters Curtis in his Mining Gear. Man, Curtis is creepy. And Alex is simply delicious.
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

Τhat cold,schizophrenic,psychopatic look of Alex's mother when Alex meets her for the first time in the game.
darkphoenix22r
Just Passing Through

Post by darkphoenix22r »

I finished the game just a few days ago and I liked many of the cutscenes. However, my favorite one is...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The scene before the final boss fight, where we learn what exactly happened to Josh. I had already figured that Josh is dead and Alex had something to do with it(maybe I was affected by SH2's story, I don't know...) but I didn't expect to see Alex behaving like this. I mean, throughout the game, we see that Alex really cares for Josh and Alex goes literally through hell for him, so I expected that Joshua's death would be REALLY an accident. Sorry if I'm confusing you, but when I watch that scene on the lake, something doesn't feel right about Alex...Just notice the expression on his face when he's struggling with Josh for the ring. Maybe it's just my impression, but he's behavior doesn't get along with a person at his age. He acts like a seven-year-old kid and I think I see anger and jealousy on his face(probably helped by his parents' bad treatment towards him and the affection for Joshua). Ill post a link to the video so that everyone can watch it and say what you think. :)
Sorry if what I say in this post exists somewhere else in the forum, I searched and I didn't find something relevant, but if there is and I didn't see it, I'm sorry.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR9YoZOXWPk
rawker
Just Passing Through

Post by rawker »

Scarlet's entrance... Epic.
MooseFlanagan
Just Passing Through

Post by MooseFlanagan »

The scene where Alex learns the truth about Josh, specifically the part where he's standing there in a state of shock after it all comes back to him, you expect him to do an OTT scream or something, but there's just silence...and then *that* siren kicks in. It sent shivers down my spine. One of the best uses of the siren in the whole series.
"So what if the world hands me a pile of shit? I'll comb through it for the corn. I'll dodge enemy bullets by a hair's breadth. I'll slaughter Mimics with a single blow. If Rita Vrataski is a goddess on the battlefield, I'll watch and learn until I can match her kill for kill. I have all the time in the world. Nothing better to do. Who knows? Maybe something will change. Or maybe I'll find a way to take this fucking world and piss in its eye. Only time will tell."
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

my favorite scene in the game was when Adam Sheperd tells that Alex was in a mental hospital, that was shocking.
death is in my blood
Mustang
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mustang »

I liked all the scenes with Alex's mother. I love the way her character was played out through the game. Double Helix nailed it I felt like she was really just helpless and frighting. Also all the scenes with the parents just before each boss battle were really good (especially the scene with Dr. Fitch)
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

I Liked the intro scene, as it actually reveals the plot twist, but only if you're paying attantion... Pretty funny, when i played 2nd time through, i noticed this.
incubus
Just Passing Through

Post by incubus »

i love the scene when i kick Curtis's ass with a knife.