Travis, The Truck, and Alex's Status *SPOILERS*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Yes, were given no indication though that he believes the same as the Four Families or The Order. In fact, he's of the same mindset as everyone else in SG and that's to stay away from Silent Hill and The Order.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
otto2302
Just Passing Through

Re: Travis, The Truck, and Alex's Status *SPOILERS*

Post by otto2302 »

Droo wrote:Also, Travis doesn't seem to have aged. At all.
Dude his beard looks like a forest and he looks MUCH older. I mean, really really much older.
Artstation

"It comes from nowhere to awaken the man with pyramid helmet to his mission".
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I think Travis's cameo is just that...a cameo...nothing more.....and that truck is certaintly not his, they just used his truck model for that particular part of the game....just like how some folks thought the dead body in that boutique shop from SH3 was angela's, but it was just her model being used for that scene...

Didn't Harry try telling people about silent hill and they knocked him off as insane?

I haven't played the game in awhile, but i don't think he tried telling people...i only recall him telling cybill about his daughter.....later on in the game both harry and cybil experience the horrors of the otherworld trying to invade reality tho...
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

>I haven't played the game in awhile, but i don't think he tried telling people...

The track "Hometown" on the SH3 OST gives us an indication he may have talked about it.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I googled for pictures of Travis in both Homecoming and Origins, and to me it looks like he's aged. I know someone already posted links for a comparison, but they no longer work. Here's some newer ones. I'll put them in a spoiler thing because some pics are a little too big (sorry).
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:

And some concept art/renders for both games.

He definitely looks older to me (that and his eye colour seems to have changed :? ).

As for the truck Alex gets the petrol from, I wouldn't have a clue. It's been a while since I've played, and I never really took notice of Travis' truck and the one in the ally. I do remember though that it seemed (to me) to be placed in a weird location. Does anyone remember if it looks psychically possible to park it where it was? I honestly don't recall (going to YouTube now to check it out).

Oh, and I noticed Travis seems to be wearing similar outfits. He must really love red flannel. :shock:
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I covered this very issue on the first page of this thread. We have no reason to believe that is Travis' truck. It is there simply for you to get the gasoline from. That would also explain why it seems to be in a random spot for a truck of that size.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

jthomp1286 wrote:I covered this very issue on the first page of this thread. We have no reason to believe that is Travis' truck. It is there simply for you to get the gasoline from. That would also explain why it seems to be in a random spot for a truck of that size.
I'm well aware of what is posted on the first page of this thread (small thread, quick to read, hard to miss anything). I simply stated my opinion (or lack of) regarding the truck.

On the same topic, I had a look on YouTube to see footage of the truck, and it can't be Travis' truck. He had a trailer on his, whereas the parked one doesn't. I doubt he had a chance to drop it off in such a small amount of time, then park it where it is. Though interestingly some of his concept art for Homecoming shows him with a rifle. :? (also printed on his hat in the same pic is "SHV" lol)