Mary Shepherd-Sunderland *SPOILERS*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

Mockingbird wrote:>Wikipedia.
The information provided on Wikipedia is not official. There are no characters from Silent Hill: Arcade w/ the same last names from Silent Hill 4: The Room, nor from any other Silent Hill game.
Wikipedia... lies?

MY WORLD HAS CRUMBLED.

Okay. Noted.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Grimwar
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grimwar »

Could have been a Cousin or some such. Part of the Family moving away years ago. An extra child who could go about her business. Which is why she might have been compelled to spend a vacation in Silent Hill with James strangely enough.
[nothing right now]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well. Let's do this:

Mary Shepherd was 25 at her time of death in Silent Hill 2. Silent Hill 4: The Room officially occurs in 2001 and Silent Hill 2 is officially 10 years earlier, in 1991.

1991 - 25 = 1966

Silent Hill: Homecoming officially occurs in 2008, I believe--sorry about my earlier remark about 2007, I'm still piecing it together--and Adam Shepherd was officially born on April 18th, 1954.

If Mary and Alex were brother and sister, Adam would have fathered her at the age of 12. I find this highly improbable. . . . That said, if Mary has to be related to the Shepherd family in SH:H, she is more likely to be Adam's sister.

But, still, there's no evidence to suggest this.
Last edited by The Adversary on 08 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

^

You mean Adam's sister.

And even if theres no evidence, its a nice easter egg. I guess.
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

There's no evidence, but if there is a relation between them, that's probably the most logical.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
SilentKnight
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentKnight »

Droo i love your theory.It delves into more of the mysteriousness of SH and the people drawn to it.
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

I think the name itself is supposed to imply some sort of relationship, but as it wasn't mentioned I don't put much thought into it.
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

If you look in the grave yard in SH H and take all the family dates Isaac would of had to have like 3 kids or have a brother. Daniel who was the first sheperd sacrafice, William and then possible David. With David I can not remember when he was born but he could be Isaac's son or a son of Isaac's son that is not Daniel because he was 5 when he died and not William unless he got a chick pregnant at like age 12. Or he could be the son of Isaac's brother. So unless I got my shit completly wrong on the math and dates that I wrote down there must be another Shepherd family and Mary could possibly fit in as a cousin.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Isaac was born in 1820. Mary was born in 1966.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Panzer_Kämpfer
Just Passing Through

Post by Panzer_Kämpfer »

I'm sure everyone else noticed the mannequins that littered practically every room of the Shepherd family home, and Alex referring to his mother loving clothes-making. Didn't Mary make her own clothing as well, or am I misremembering? Coincidence, pointless backdrop or relevant?
I always push the RED button.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Didn't Mary make her own clothing as well, or am I misremembering?
Mary's occupation and hobbies were never officially announced, but I theorized years ago that she was a seamstress.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

Or Shepherd could just be a common last name, though I do like the idea of her at least being part of the family.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Save this for a future silent Hill game perhaps. Maybe the reason it wasn't placed in this game, was because DH didn't want to rip off silent hill 2 too much. I think they just wanted to make a few nods towards that game, but not entirely rip it off.

I've been playing Sh homecoming, and i find it good. It's not perfect, but let me tell you. I played all 5 of the first sh games recently. STarting with Origins, then working my way all the way up to 4 the room. Then I played homecoming, and beat it once and got the smile ending. I have to say that this game is just as good as the others, not saying it's better. jUst saying that it's decent.. it's not as horrible as everyone is making it out to be.

All the sh games have had flaws.. hell Sh2 had a very dim flashlight.. yes it stayed on for you all of the game. Except for when you're in that room with the roaches and have to use the cell battery. So to me, it could be that DH wanted to make a siglht nod toward sh2 in that regard.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I've been playing Sh homecoming, and i find it good. It's not perfect, but let me tell you. I played all 5 of the first sh games recently. STarting with Origins, then working my way all the way up to 4 the room. Then I played homecoming, and beat it once and got the smile ending. I have to say that this game is just as good as the others, not saying it's better. jUst saying that it's decent.. it's not as horrible as everyone is making it out to be.
Quoted For Massive Motherf*cking Truth.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Mary was mentioned in Alex's diary (http://www.alex-shepherd.com) he wondered if he was related to her
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

In a way, I was a little disheartened that there was no indiciation to Mary whatsoever, but I suppose she may have been disowned had she made attempts to leave Shepherds Glen. There could've been something in the house that could've mentioned her name. It would've been quite possible, with a creative idea and a bit of thought.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
silentpyramid0023
Just Passing Through

Post by silentpyramid0023 »

im guessing that marys a couzin of adam she dosent look like adam but her last name is shepherd maby james came from shepherds glen because where mary or james came from I guess well never know
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's guessed that they came from South Ashfield.

... Punctuation isn't your friend, is it?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Droo

Post by Droo »

redrum wrote:Mary was mentioned in Alex's diary (http://www.alex-shepherd.com) he wondered if he was related to her
What is the source of that website? Is it a fansite? Does it come from Konami/Double Helix?

If so, it makes a strong case for Mary indeed being related. It makes more than one explicit reference to Mary.

Does anyone know who made the website/who it belongs to?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

It has the Konami logo on the top, so I'm sure it's official. I really want to read the diary, but I can't download it properly.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather