Dargento Cemetery?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

LuLu
Gravedigger

Dargento Cemetery?

Post by LuLu »

The cemetery across from the prison... you're supposed to do something with the statue in it... put two items in it or something like that, and there's also a locked door I don't know how to get into...

Anyone know what to do here?
"It's a bit far... but closer than heaven!"
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

Hate to be useless for ya LuLu, but was this cemetary in previous SH games? I just don't remember it...

P.S. Dario Argento rocks!
Det Som Engang Var...
Droo

Post by Droo »

I put the gemstones in the Janus statue and nothing happened. I forgot about it and finished the game without going back.

I, too, would like to know what the hell it's all about.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I've heard there are a total of 4 gems, two of which so far do nothing.
But you put two stones into the statue and a key comes out which later opens a door or box or something to the rifle.

Only problem is, I didn't do that and I still got the rifle later in the game so. . . I don't know.

Oh and be careful cause at a certain point in the game your items get taken and you don't have the gems anymore.
Droo

Post by Droo »

4 gems? I only found two. Where are the others?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

To be honest I only found two also.
But let me think, um . . . The one in the sapphire is in cemetery, the bloodstone is buy Alch. and I've heard there's another one in a sink someplace close to Alch. or something like that which is a garnet, as as for the other one, I have no idea.

But I wouldn't doubt there are four I mean there were 3 masks, and I still have no idea what the third one does!

edit: I think latter on I ended up getting the riffle upgrade, but not the original riffle.
EDIT:

There are 4 Gems:

1: Bloodstone - Leaving the boiler room building towards KOOTZ Str, its on in an alley park side area on the left side of KOOTZ Str (look out for another alley side park area for a Serum by the way!)

2: Sapphire - As soon as you enter the Silent HillCemetery, looking at the map: From START, go south, turn left, go forward, turn left and approach bench for the stone.

3:Turquoise - In the Toluca Power station building, in the Office area where you can jump across a gap in the floor to a save point, look at your map and confirm your in the large OFFICE area, not the save point area, then look near the door of which you enter that area from and you'll see a sink, the stone is in that sink.

4: Garnet - Look at the Silent Hill cemetery map. In the area called SUN GARDEN which you enter from the other side of the area, exit the SUN GARDEN area towards the locked gate pathway HOWEVER, notice on your map there is an area north which you can't access because the door won't work from the other side of the cemetery. Well...from the SUN GARDEN side there should be a wall which you can break with the FIRE AXE. Break it, and on your right as you enter should be the stone.

I don't know if the Stone statue puzzle is random generated, however for mine it was these months:

I - Symbolises the first month

XII - Symbolises the last month

So i used the stones which corresponded for January for the I month and December for the XII month.

Once you get the MOON GARDEN KEY. Unlock the door which was locked via the pathway past the SUN GARDEN area. Enter the MOON GARDEN area and search for the rifle!

Hope that helps!!

sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

hmm~

I was going to start a new topic, but it would get deleated...
Does anyone know where the other 2 stones go... and the angry mask? or are they just in the game to confuse people? :roll:
oO?
LuLu
Gravedigger

Post by LuLu »

Yeah, I was wondering about that extra mask too...

But thanks for the info on the cemetery! :D
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

The angry mask doesn't get used as far as I've seen, just the other two.
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

Morbid.Marionette wrote:
I've heard there are a total of 4 gems, two of which so far do nothing.
But you put two stones into the statue and a key comes out which later opens a door or box or something to the rifle.

Only problem is, I didn't do that and I still got the rifle later in the game so. . . I don't know.

Oh and be careful cause at a certain point in the game your items get taken and you don't have the gems anymore.
I believe there are different rifles though because I got the same rifle you're more than likely referring to and I never got an achievement for it.

Goodnight wrote:The angry mask doesn't get used as far as I've seen, just the other two.
Yeah, my inventory didn't have it after I completed the hell house puzzle.
Det Som Engang Var...
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^so does the game even let you place the angry mask, or is there any consequence for using it? I don't see what purpose even from a story standpoint it served, then.
Darth Tacos
Just Passing Through

Post by Darth Tacos »

I guess the angry mask could be used as a decoy to getting the puzzle wrong... if you didn't understand the riddle, you would have to try a couple of times since there are 3 masks and only 2 faces.

But yeah, I don't think that would have happened to anyone.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Silent-spc-Hill,black,white.png[/img][/url]
[i]You know, I don't have an excuse for this one. The lock isn't broken, I just [b]really[/b] don't want to go in there.[/i]
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^yeah, but does using it spawn enemies? If not, what was the point?
Darth Tacos
Just Passing Through

Post by Darth Tacos »

It could have, maybe not, I wouldn't know because I never tried it. I guess the mask is also a little tidbit because he mentions how that is what his mother looks like when angry or something of that sort.

But either way, it could be something just to throw you off. It's not the first time they've done something like that.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Silent-spc-Hill,black,white.png[/img][/url]
[i]You know, I don't have an excuse for this one. The lock isn't broken, I just [b]really[/b] don't want to go in there.[/i]
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^when has the series ever gave you something that serves absolutely no purpose? I suppose you could argue the Seal of Metatron or whatever it was in Sh3 but you could argue that added to the plot. There's was some pointless shit in SH4, but nothing that was an actual item you picked up. Even the doll served its twisted purpose. Commenting how the mask reminds him of his mom angry, doesn't add to anything imo.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I think Double Helix took my advice: I've always said that I wanted useless keys and items just to fuck w/ the players.

And are you sure those are the only 4 gemstones? 'cuz I have a Jade gemstone in my inventory, but nothing else.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Mockingbird wrote:I think Double Helix took my advice: I've always said that I wanted useless keys and items just to fuck w/ the players.
I wouldn't question it if you were penalized for using the wrong mask, but that doesn't even happen so it just seemed extremely pointless imo.
Darth Tacos
Just Passing Through

Post by Darth Tacos »

Do you know for a fact that it doesn't happen? Even if it doesn't, it could make the puzzle a bit harder, like I said. That IS A REASON for it being in the game. So even if you see it to be pointless, just HOW many items do you even come across in the game? Not many, so one more that you don't need to use isn't going to kill you, especially if it could potentially solve a puzzle.
LuLu
Gravedigger

Post by LuLu »

Maybe the mask represents Alex's anger towards his parents for treating him so poorly growing up? Just a thought. Maybe that's why you can't use it anywhere -- because it represents you.
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

^ That's a good theory, also, if you use the wrong masks, or are short of one (which I did), Schisims spawn in the foyer area. I found the turqiuse stone, and not the others. I assumed that we would go to the Cemetary later in the game, so I never bothered to explore it. So, something to do next game!
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]