Regarding Alex's Badassery (spoilaz):

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Spikeyroxas
Just Passing Through

Post by Spikeyroxas »

What if when he was in hospital he thought he was a clown? :O
rofl
My gallery:
http://m.imgur.com/account/Spikeyroxas/images

Youtube:
Spikeyroxas
jamie
Just Passing Through

Post by jamie »

I hate to bring this up, and there's probably something I've overlooked that kills this theory, as I haven't played the game in a while but: Is it remotely possible that Alex actually was a soldier?

I don't really know why, but when the game dropped the "Alex isn't a soldier" bit on me, I had (and still have, somewhat) a hard time accepting it. I think this is because it's never actually confirmed in the game.

For example, in SH2 when you see the tape of James killing Mary, James remembers and confirms that yes, that did happen. Alex never does this. So either A: he's just stubborn and never really develops, or B: The town was trying to mess with him and he called bullshit. The idea that he wasn't a soldier is presented, but Alex never has that "Oh yeah, that's right. I must have forgotten." moment.

Most of you have probably already read it, but TV Tropes has a more in-depth theory concerning this. (Of course they have a just as detailed theory against it, amongst other things, so take from that what you will.)

Apologies if this has already been discussed and/or disproven in another thread. I don't know if I completely subscribe to this theory, but I'm not against it either, as the "Not a soldier" bit still doesn't feel quite right to me.
jayesbee.blogspot.com
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Is it remotely possible that Alex actually was a soldier?
No.
I don't really know why, but when the game dropped the "Alex isn't a soldier" bit on me, I had (and still have, somewhat) a hard time accepting it. I think this is because it's never actually confirmed in the game.
Er...yea, it is. All that military stuff on Alex's person is actually Adam's. Adam, as an expository character, has been entirely honest the entire game, and just about every character says something that can be read as insinuating they know about the truth (except Elle).
For example, in SH2 when you see the tape of James killing Mary, James remembers and confirms that yes, that did happen. Alex never does this. So either A: he's just stubborn and never really develops, or B: The town was trying to mess with him and he called bullshit. The idea that he wasn't a soldier is presented, but Alex never has that "Oh yeah, that's right. I must have forgotten." moment.
Because Homecoming has shitty writing.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]