the sacrifices!!! *huge spoilers*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Caim
Historical Society Historian

Post by Caim »

I don't want to be tacky and relate my point to your tragedy-that-coulda-been, but that was what I was talking about. I mean, even if something HAD happened where your brother thought you were a goner, he would have still tried to help, I think... yeah, you see where I'm going. I don't wanna cross any personal lines.

Thanks for sharing though, homes. :D
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
Terra
Just Passing Through

Post by Terra »

In my point of view, I'm sure that Alex did jumped after Josh and saved him. He can't possibly rowed back and called for help.

I mean Alex STILL loved his younger brother very much though he's sort of jealous that his parents cared only for Josh. The flashlight flashback was one of the example, he gave it to Josh as a present and in the tragic cutscene, he said he won't let anything happened to Josh. Even before the final fight, Alex said he won't leave without Josh until they're reunited. Alex's love for Josh is soo strong, he don't EVEN mind killing those monsters/bosses in buildings/streets just to find him.
Im being...summoned....

What's wrong with this place? Silent Hill...

If I were to venture deeper, I'll find the answer...
Caim

Post by Caim »

Yeah, looking at the flashlight scene, Alex may have sounded all "just shut the hell up"-y to Josh, but he could very well have just said that. It showed that he definitely cared for his bro, as if other parts of the game didn't.
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
Terra
Just Passing Through

Post by Terra »

Caim wrote: Yeah, looking at the flashlight scene, Alex may have sounded all "just shut the hell up"-y to Josh, but he could very well have just said that. It showed that he definitely cared for his bro, as if other parts of the game didn't.
Hmm...other parts of the game didn't? I guess Alex don't even blamed Josh for causing him to fall from 5th storey to the 1st storey at all :D He was like "It's okay,Josh...I don't mind breaking a bone or 2....ouch...my back."
Im being...summoned....

What's wrong with this place? Silent Hill...

If I were to venture deeper, I'll find the answer...
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

Terra wrote:
Caim wrote: Yeah, looking at the flashlight scene, Alex may have sounded all "just shut the hell up"-y to Josh, but he could very well have just said that. It showed that he definitely cared for his bro, as if other parts of the game didn't.
Hmm...other parts of the game didn't? I guess Alex don't even blamed Josh for causing him to fall from 5th storey to the 1st storey at all :D He was like "It's okay,Josh...I don't mind breaking a bone or 2....ouch...my back."
Suppressed guilt, my friend. (in John McCain voice) :lol:

The suppressed guilt imo, kept giving him incentive to find Joshua no matter what the cost and he did truly love him but the guilt pushed him over the edge to find him and the truth about his hometown.
Det Som Engang Var...
The Lost Carol
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Artaud Theater (Can't be at the hotel all the time, you know...)

Post by The Lost Carol »

^Mockingbird / MMY / Whatever now...
Good point, and good observation (as you usually have) with the X-Rays! I saw the neck x-ray, but didn't put two and two together in the replay. That makes perfect sense.

As to why Judge Holloway was intending to kill Alex; I thought she said in her and Alex's final conversation that the only way to save themselves was to go back to the old version of the Order, and to stop their sect of the Order. Thus, she could kill Alex out of vengeance for Nora's failed sacrifice, because the Shepherd's Glen sect died when Josh did.
I run, 'til the silence splits me open,
I run, and it puts me underground,
But there's no regret, and no roads left to run...
~Linkin Park, No Roads Left

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/2896396386_6d2d92733b.jpg[/img]
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^All I know is Halloway looked batshit crazy when we she drillin me :twisted:
sidrawings
Just Passing Through

Post by sidrawings »

I haven't read anything here reading into the reason WHY Alex took Josh out into the middle of the lake anyway.

It struck my as really odd, and it seem like there was more too it then Alex just being rebellious. He's expresses a worry of being seen (asking Josh for his flashlight) and really bullies Josh and acts very mean.

I don't know why Alex had him out there in the first place, I'm little reluctant to say that he took Josh out onto the lake with the intent to kill him because he did acted shocked when josh fell into the water, but the theory isn't debunked completely out of my mind. Anyone else have any suggestions as to why Alex took him out on the lake at 2 am in the morning?

As for Halloway intentions to kill Alex: When Adam didn't kill Alex as planned, it screwed all of SG. Halloway killed her daughter only to find it was all in vain. She was trying to protect her family and because someone screwed up, she went alittle nutty. I'm guess that killing Alex would bring some sense of justice to her.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Caim wrote:
henrytownshend21 wrote: Anyway what if Adam killed Alex? Then it still wouldn't matter because Josh died because of Alex.
Adam had made his decision not to kill Alex while Josh was still alive... if he had killed Alex, Josh wouldn't have been accidentally murdered.
It seemed Adam sent alex away becuase he knew the order would come after them all.
He was protecting alex, even after the incident with josh.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Pamuyo
Just Passing Through

Post by Pamuyo »

sidrawings wrote:I haven't read anything here reading into the reason WHY Alex took Josh out into the middle of the lake anyway.

It struck my as really odd, and it seem like there was more too it then Alex just being rebellious. He's expresses a worry of being seen (asking Josh for his flashlight) and really bullies Josh and acts very mean.

I don't know why Alex had him out there in the first place, I'm little reluctant to say that he took Josh out onto the lake with the intent to kill him because he did acted shocked when josh fell into the water, but the theory isn't debunked completely out of my mind. Anyone else have any suggestions as to why Alex took him out on the lake at 2 am in the morning?

As for Halloway intentions to kill Alex: When Adam didn't kill Alex as planned, it screwed all of SG. Halloway killed her daughter only to find it was all in vain. She was trying to protect her family and because someone screwed up, she went alittle nutty. I'm guess that killing Alex would bring some sense of justice to her.
I don't really think Alex wanted to kill josh, after all, it seems like Alex really loved his brother and was more mad at his father for not letting him spend time with his brother. Also, I think Alex had some jealousy over his brother, for his parents only showing him love, but I don't think there's much of anything to show that he had the intent to kill him.

The only things I can think of at the moment is that Alex just wanted to spend time with Josh since he was usually not aloud to hang around with him much.
Or, while I doubt this, that he maybe wanted to take Alex away in the middle of the night/early morning and not come back. (Since they didn't seem to have anything for "running away" I don't think this is true either)

Anyway, I agree about Halloway. She seemed more driven by revenge. Then again maybe she thought if she killed Alex and his parents(thinking how she had Curtis take Alex's mother.) that she would some how calm God down.

One last thing, Alex says his dad never let them go to the lake, I think. Yet there's the picture of his family at the lake, him writing in his journal about Elle and him going to the lake, and even him mentioning the bait store they weren't aloud to go to. - the bait shop being in Silent Hill I think.

So my question is, is there mention of when exactly his father told them Silent hill and the lake were forbidden?
(I'm guessing Alex snuck off and did a lot of things anyway, just wondering.)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

So my question is, is there mention of when exactly his father told them Silent hill and the lake were forbidden?
Because the Founding Families know the place is evil. That's why they left in the first place.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

When. Not why.

The reason why was b/c Adam didn't want to risk either of them dying at an inopportune time.

I don't recall when Adam warned them not to, but it was sometime during Alex's childhood.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Pamuyo
Just Passing Through

Post by Pamuyo »

The Adversary wrote:When. Not why.

The reason why was b/c Adam didn't want to risk either of them dying at an inopportune time.

I don't recall when Adam warned them not to, but it was sometime during Alex's childhood.
Oh, thanks. I was just wondering because it seemed ironic that he told them not to go there, yet he's been there with them.

Example, the picture of them at the lake(that Alex says he took) and the fact that Alex mentions his father telling him not to go to the Silent Hill Bait shop, which makes me assume they had been there since I don't think anyone would say "Don't go to the bait shop in the next town, ever!". Opposed to him just saying "This looks like a Bait shop." And we'd just assume he'd never been there anyway since he was forbidden to go to Silent hill. But I'm probably looking way into something that doesn't even matter.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I was just wondering because it seemed ironic that he told them not to go there, yet he's been there with them.
Are you talking about Adam? Forgot that he was a police officer? He was in the lake probably doing a patrol or something. That's why he was there, in the lake.

And what The Adversary said, too. Adam wanted to protect Josh and didn't wanted Alex to die before the said time/or wanted to protect Alex as well.
Pamuyo
Just Passing Through

Post by Pamuyo »

Mephisto wrote:
I was just wondering because it seemed ironic that he told them not to go there, yet he's been there with them.
Are you talking about Adam? Forgot that he was a police officer? He was in the lake probably doing a patrol or something. That's why he was there, in the lake.

And what The Adversary said, too. Adam wanted to protect Josh and didn't wanted Alex to die before the said time/or wanted to protect Alex as well.
I didn't see him being a police officer having anything to do with the picture I'm refereeing to, or anything I was talking about really. The day when they were all at the lake seemed more like they were just enjoying time together as a family. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Alex never took the picture, but wanted to pretend he had been a part of the family on that day.

By the way, I don't think taking his 9 year old son around with him while he was patrolling would be the best way to keep him out of danger.
Seems like it would just be better to keep them both at home we're he didn't have to worry about anything happening.

Anyway, I don't think I am explaining my self right in regards to my question. I understand why he doesn't want them going to these areas, I just thought it was weird he ever let them go to these places in the first place, even if it was just once. Since he seemed so made such a huge deal over telling them never to go there. Maybe he just meant without him. Whatever lol.

Idk, we can just disregard the post lol, doesn't really matter anyway.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Oh, you're talking about that photograph. Fuck, disregard my last post. . .

I thought you was talking about the flashback of Alex killing Joshua. Nevermind my previous commentary.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Re: the sacrifices!!! *huge spoilers*

Post by Glenn »

I understand that the four founders of Shepherd's Glen needed to sacrafice a child every 50 years to appease the Gods. Josh died and Adam needed to still sacrafice Alex to continue the tradition. But killing Alex would have ended the Shepherd lineage, so 50 years after there would be no Shepherd child to kill. But didn't the Bartlett family only have 1 child-- Joey that was killed? How would the Bartlett lineage continue since there were no more Bartlett children, and wouldn't that have disrupted the contract? Also was there some limit to the amount of children they could have? I feel like the more children the more you could choose which one was more "undeserving" to live.

I just finished the game again today and have some thoughts...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's kind of a plothole. I suppose everyone was supposed to have a new baby after the ritual or something.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

AuraTwilight wrote:It's kind of a plothole. I suppose everyone was supposed to have a new baby after the ritual or something.
Yeah and with the age of Lilian it might be impossible for her to have another baby.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Glenn wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:It's kind of a plothole. I suppose everyone was supposed to have a new baby after the ritual or something.
Yeah and with the age of Lilian it might be impossible for her to have another baby.
I doubt Lillian is all that important to the bloodline. She's just married to the guy who is a direct descendant of the founding families. Replace her with a young woman who is capable of reproducing and things might be fine. Unless, of course, there's some small print we're unaware of that sort of ties spouses in with all the bad stuff.
Even so, if she is required then IVF might give her a small chance... :?