Am I screwed?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

cme550
Just Passing Through

Am I screwed?

Post by cme550 »

I'm in the sewers having to fight three Needlers (my arch enemy in this game so far). I have no health drinks or first aid kits (I used the one and only kit I found so far fighting the first boss) and my health meter is only halfway full. I do have a bit (and I do mean a bit) of ammo, but I'd hate to use that especially since the bullets will bounce off the Needlers. I just cant seem to kill all three Needlers with no health.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

sounds like it to me. unless you can run like hell. if anything, start from a save point where you have more items and work your way back to where you are now. it's either that, or fight like you're Rambo!
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

I was pretty low on supplies at that point too, I would advise saving the ammo, you just need to learn to choose ONE needler at a time and take it out fast by dodging followed up with a heavy attack.
Droo

Post by Droo »

If you can carefully aim at the needler's heads with the handgun, you can kill them relatively easy.

You could also equip the pipe and dodge/stun/one hit kill them all in a row. I found them easy enough to stun with the pipe.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

use the knife :D ~

Knife is the best weapon by far when fighting a group of any enemys.
dodge follow by a hard hit, then do 3 soft hits 1,2,3 followed by a hard hit. Then repeat that process, BUT if your to the side of the enemy when you have done the combo you dont need to doge. Just 1,2,3 hard hit.
Plus try getting them in a corner, it makes it way more easy
oO?
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

well, the only reason i say they're screwed is because it's not just the needlers you have to worry about in the sewers. especially if you're at the part where you fight 3 of them.

yeah, never use the guns for needlers unless you're good at aiming and can nail them in the head. i just use the pole and i keep doding to the side until i can get behind them and keep attacking.
cme550
Just Passing Through

Post by cme550 »

Alright, after a lot of screaming, cursing and crying, I got past that part. It was weird though. After getting seperated from Elle and the Needlers started after me, I ran back to the little room with the save point and they followed me. I just beat them with the pipe, died and continued from a continue.

I was already in that room with the Needlers after me. Funny thing is, Elle actually ran into that little room with me. She was on the other side of the gates I thought? So, I killed them, ran back into the room with the gate and heard her scream. "Elle?" Umm, she was right behind me! Through the whole Needler and the Siam fight, she was right there, but when I entered the gate to leave, she was nowhere to be found.

Glitch..
ImmortalGrey
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ImmortalGrey »

cme550 wrote:Alright, after a lot of screaming, cursing and crying, I got past that part. It was weird though. After getting seperated from Elle and the Needlers started after me, I ran back to the little room with the save point and they followed me. I just beat them with the pipe, died and continued from a continue.

I was already in that room with the Needlers after me. Funny thing is, Elle actually ran into that little room with me. She was on the other side of the gates I thought? So, I killed them, ran back into the room with the gate and heard her scream. "Elle?" Umm, she was right behind me! Through the whole Needler and the Siam fight, she was right there, but when I entered the gate to leave, she was nowhere to be found.

Glitch..
Wow, yeah she was supposed to be gone. She disappears on the other side of the gate to find a way to open it for you, and thats when you face the Siam, alone. xD Nice glitch. And GJ on getting through it, it's a hard game.
[b][i]Out of my head and I don't know what I found.
Over and over I feel it break me down.
On the sidewalk of the city.
Are my screams just a whisper? [/b][/i]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

yeah that's no glitch. she's supposed to be gone. anyway, congrats on getting past that.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I know you've successfully beaten this part, but I trick that I found--which saved my ass--is to wait right next to the pipe to the right of the gate from which the first Needler crawls out. Once it appears, begin charging the fire axe--or whatever weapon you prefer--and beat the shit out of it, repeatedly. Whenever I did this, the Needler would be frozen there after the first hit, so I didn't even have to worry about it attacking, defending, or counterattacking.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
The Red Devil
Just Passing Through

Post by The Red Devil »

You know I've found that the best way to deal with "Needlers" is to use the axe. It's slow but if you're lucky you can Dodge->Heavy Attack and hit them in the head which will instantly kill them. That's how I got passed that part anyway.
EDH
Erectile Dis-function Highlander
"THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!"
PyramidHead1036
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidHead1036 »

Well obviously you're not screwed, but strangely, contrary to everyone else, I really didn't mind the needlers that much. I found their attacks predictable, dodge to the right or left, counter, then a 1, 2, heavy hit. get a couple of those in and they're done. It also seemed in this game that even when in groups, you really only have to fight one enemy at a time. the others tend to just stand there... with the occasional attack
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

Alright, after a lot of screaming, cursing and crying, I got past that part. It was weird though. After getting seperated from Elle and the Needlers started after me, I ran back to the little room with the save point and they followed me. I just beat them with the pipe, died and continued from a continue.

Glitch..
I saved after I killed the first needler and then I was going to repeat the process with the other 2 but I died on the other 2 and continued from the save point. Elle was with me when she should have been on the other side of the gate. So when I killed the other 2 no siam came and I could not progress any further. luckily I had other save spots but my last one was in the police station.

So I do not recomend saving at that point in time. Defenite glitch.
GioGio
Historical Society Historian

Re: Am I screwed?

Post by GioGio »

cme550 wrote:I'm in the sewers having to fight three Needlers (my arch enemy in this game so far). I have no health drinks or first aid kits (I used the one and only kit I found so far fighting the first boss) and my health meter is only halfway full. I do have a bit (and I do mean a bit) of ammo, but I'd hate to use that especially since the bullets will bounce off the Needlers. I just cant seem to kill all three Needlers with no health.
You're best off restarting the game, cause there's battles coming that require some health items.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
feargasm
Just Passing Through

Post by feargasm »

haha! wait till you kill the 3 needlers.......bahahahahahahah :twisted:
silent hill+deathcore= an epic!! fucking game
PyramidHead1036
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidHead1036 »

^I remember after finishing up those 3 and then i was all :shock:

F@#K THAT
black picture
Just Passing Through

Post by black picture »

Well i was able to do it on hard with only 3 hits till death. so if your on easy then you should be able to do it.
"A tale of birds without a voice"
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

You gotta conserve baby.

If you waste healing items in random spots, just restart your saves. Practice combat so you take no damage from any encounters. Dont go crazy, being on the defensive usually works better against every monster.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I know the person who started the thread obviously doesn't need help anymore, but I had a tough time at this part too (I don't think I had any health supplies). I developed a strategy like what Thomas mentioned-
MMY wrote: I trick that I found--which saved my ass--is to wait right next to the pipe to the right of the gate from which the first Needler crawls out.
I did that for the first needler, beating it from straight ahead as soon as it popped out, and continuing to do so until it went down, which it did quickly. Then I rushed over to the other pipe and ambushed the second needler as it came out of its pipe, too. And then I fought the third. This way is much easier- fighting them each individually. Took multiple tries to get that method down for this battle, though. You have to be quick.
restlesspromise
Just Passing Through

Post by restlesspromise »

Good luck dude. Practice dodging! lol