Unsettling details...

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

I have never had that happen on me. Only with the lurkers. :o
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

stopped_clock wrote:The prison graffitti. Whilst mostly pointless I did notice one that says something like "Jacobs, are you making it snow?" and that stuck in my mind.
Here is some explanation on the graffitis,found here: http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/silent- ... -eggs/371/

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Graffiti 1- You are Not here

It is an obvious reference to "You are not here" Song in Silent hill 3 by Akira Yamaoka

Graffiti 2 - You see monster ?

Another subtle reference to Silent hill 3 where Vincent says : They look like monsters to you?

Graffiti 3 - It's snowing outside , Jacob Are you making it Snow ?

Yes your are right , a reference to the movie Jacob's ladder which is a huge inspiration For Silent hill Games

Graffiti 4 - Sell your soul

Is name of an album by the creepshow . this Album has a surprisingly same mood as Homecoming and is definitely one of the Double Helix 's Inspiration . I won't describe the whole Album but I think the name of the songs are pretty self-explanatory : Doghouse , The Garden , Creatures of the Night , Psycho Ball & Chain , Grave Diggers , Zombies Ate Her Brain , sermon . do you remember the same events in silent hill Homecoming ? Do you remebr the names of places in Homecoming ?

Graffiti 5- Nothing is real

Is a reference to the famous Dialogue between James and Maria where she says :

"See? I'm real" and as you all know she was not real

Also the concept of Reality and unreality is the main theme in all silent hill Games .

Graffiti 6- JAFO is watching you

It is a reference to the game The suffering: prison is hell .

this graffiti was also on one of the walls in that game . as you all know Silent hill Homecoming has inspired by this game specially in designing prison Level and Needlers

Graffiti 7 - Be aware of Hurricane Jane

"

Hurricane Jane" is a song by American indie rock band Black Kids

This songs tells a story of a Shallow person who is in love with a striper

(Did you know James loves Maria ? Guess not LOL )

Graffiti 8 - Jae hoon needs to stop talking seriously

It is a reference to journalist Shim Jae Hoon who has written a lot of disapproval articles about American's Policies . (Double Helix guys are patriots :P )

Graffiti 9 : I love Pizza

This is another subtle reference to Silent hill 2 's Eddie Dombrowski where he loved Pizza so much and was eating it during the game
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

They stretched it with some of those references. Movie wise mostly
HappySiam
Just Passing Through

Post by HappySiam »

How bout alex's dad's medals. i really liked how he is such a bastard but you find out he really had no choice and asked for forgiveness
hi
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

*kicks thread*

Something creeped me out when I fought Scarlet. Did anyone explore the room before talking to Fitch? There's writing on the wooden board to the right. it's really sad... :(
[color=pink]I know. [u]I know[/u].
There's [b]something[/b] I've forgotten
Like [i]a time[/i], [i]a place[/i]...?
A [i][b]shattered memory[/b][/i].[/color]
[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ScarletMetal/Dahliabedcopy.jpg[/img]
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

^What does it say?
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Things like...

"I love you, my only daughter"
"Where did I go wrong?"
"Daddy misses you..."
"Forgive me..."

Ramblings like that. Written in blood. It's just felt so...sad... :(

Although that confirms Fitch only had one daughter. Dunno about a son though....*is talking about irrelevant nonsense* :lol:
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

In my second playthrough I noticed in Scarlett's room a red hooded doll standing facing the corner. Kinda like the bit at the end of Blair Witch Project.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

BloodRedScarlet wrote:Things like...

"I love you, my only daughter"
"Where did I go wrong?"
"Daddy misses you..."
"Forgive me..."

Ramblings like that. Written in blood. It's just felt so...sad... :(

Although that confirms Fitch only had one daughter. Dunno about a son though....*is talking about irrelevant nonsense* :lol:

Wow, I've never noticed that before. I should replay the game just to see that.

Poor Dr. Fitch, man... :(
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

^I agree.... :cry:

Today, I noticed on the mirror, when you get the knife for the first time, it says: Where are you?
I tried looking closer in the mirror to get a good look at my PH helmet I acquired when I noticed that after 'Where are you?' there's a picture of Robbie the rabbit drawn also in blood.

I guess it's referencing the fact Josh was looking for Robbie?
[color=pink]I know. [u]I know[/u].
There's [b]something[/b] I've forgotten
Like [i]a time[/i], [i]a place[/i]...?
A [i][b]shattered memory[/b][/i].[/color]
[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ScarletMetal/Dahliabedcopy.jpg[/img]
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

Now that I think about it, Dr.Fitch really had it the worst of the 4 families, because the way he had to kill his daughter was faaar more brutal than any of the others.
Your weaboo is showing
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

All right, I'm sorry if this was brought up in another thread but I've been going out of my head wondering about this shit and... well, you guys are smart and I know you can help me.

Unsettling detail #2, from me, is also about the Holloways. Elle specifically. After she and Alex are attacked in the sewers and separated, Alex sees a pool of blood and fears the worst. Then, when he and Elle are reunited, she's completely in tact and not at all bothered by the supposed assault. In fact, neither of them even mention it again.

A very large WAT goes here. *This* is the only thing that stands in my way of accepting the Leave ending as true--because there's no way in hell that a woman could walk away unscathed from such an incident, and if she did, there's no way she'd NOT SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT. The fact that it is totally glossed over suggests, to me, that there's something very unreal and delusional at work.

Forgive me if I don't have everything down correctly. I can't doublecheck with Youtube, as it's being rude, and I don't have a save file anywhere near this part of the game.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

Krist. wrote:All right, I'm sorry if this was brought up in another thread but I've been going out of my head wondering about this shit and... well, you guys are smart and I know you can help me.

Unsettling detail #2, from me, is also about the Holloways. Elle specifically. After she and Alex are attacked in the sewers and separated, Alex sees a pool of blood and fears the worst. Then, when he and Elle are reunited, she's completely in tact and not at all bothered by the supposed assault. In fact, neither of them even mention it again.

A very large WAT goes here. *This* is the only thing that stands in my way of accepting the Leave ending as true--because there's no way in hell that a woman could walk away unscathed from such an incident, and if she did, there's no way she'd NOT SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT. The fact that it is totally glossed over suggests, to me, that there's something very unreal and delusional at work.

Forgive me if I don't have everything down correctly. I can't doublecheck with Youtube, as it's being rude, and I don't have a save file anywhere near this part of the game.
I only played Homecoming once, and that was a year ago, but I'm going through for the second time this weekend, and I think I'm pretty close to that part. I'll speak up if I glean anything concrete.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Thank you very much!
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

You brought up a good point there, Krist. That's something that's left me wondering too. Though when Alex does finally meet up again with Elle he does make an attempt to ask her what happened, but Elle cuts him off in a panic about her mom and how she is "gone". The fact that she didn't appear to be injured probably helped Alex forget about it for at least the rest of the game. Though this doesn't explain why there was a decent amount of blood on the floor. Maybe she injured the monster that she came across before she took off running from it.

I'm starting to believe that the Hospital ending is the real ending though. It makes the most sense out of them all and leaves you with fewer questions. Basically Alex was dreaming the whole thing up. He is delusional after all.

In his journal Alex talks about having these weird dreams that are basically similar to the one we play in the beginning of Homecoming. If I remember correctly, Alex also wrote that the more medicine they would give him, the worse these nightmares about Josh would get. This probably correlates with the notes that we find in the game about the nurses upping the dose for a certain pacient (Alex).

There's a few notes about how a patient wasn't getting along with others and was nonresponsive and delusional... All these notes were possibly referring to Alex. There's also a letter that you find, during the dream sequence, where a patient describes how he sees these demon/monsters and explains how none of the doctors believe him. Again this is probably Alex's own note to himself.

Alex's journal simply ends with how he's going to make his great escape. What the player doesn't know is that during his big escape he could have been caught and sedated, leading to his big dream of Shepherd’s Glen and Silent Hill.

Didn't anyone else notice how the doctor, during the Hospital ending, sounded almost identical to Wheeler? My thought is that Alex spent a lot of time with this doctor, giving Alex the impression that he was on his side and wanted to help. This could have lead to Alex dreaming up officer Wheeler, a guy who helped him through the whole Homecoming ordeal.

Looky!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZX0Uu0Tn8
Last edited by Girl Interrupted on 03 Nov 2009, edited 9 times in total.
rawker
Just Passing Through

Post by rawker »

Realistically speaking, the Hospital ending is far more realistic that the rest but again... this game has many interpretations. To me, the Drowning ending is what I believe is canonical. I mean, we can dream all sorts of stuff. I guess that's the only thing that links between the endings - it's all Alex's Nightmare.
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

rawker wrote:Realistically speaking, the Hospital ending is far more realistic that the rest but again... this game has many interpretations. To me, the Drowning ending is what I believe is canonical. I mean, we can dream all sorts of stuff. I guess that's the only thing that links between the endings - it's all Alex's Nightmare.
Yeah I think either the Hospital or the Drowning ending makes the most logic with Homecoming. The fact that one moment Alex is in the Bartlett family tomb and then the next he's waking up in front of a hotel just helps prove that Alex is dreaming the whole experience.

The only other SH game that features a character appearing in random areas is Silent Hill 4, and Henry was actually in a sleeping-state throughout most of the game.
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

This thread makes me want to play Homecoming again :D I spotted a lot of little details, but I missed at lot of the ones here, especially the foreshadowing and whatnot.

I thought the game was great, although my experience with it was rather emm.. "tainted"? I was going through some rough times at home while I was playing it, culminating in me getting fired from my job. I beat Homecoming the night after and got the hospital ending... combine the depressing story and ending of that game with a difficult situation at home and suddenly having no job all at once and there I was with the first and only migraine I've ever had in my life. While I loved the game, it hurt physically to even think about it for awhile. My name is also Alex, so I felt this weird connection with him at that point :P

Oh well, I'm gonna make some time to play through it again under less stressful circumstances! I actually hope Double Helix gets another shot at Silent Hill... they did a really great job for their first attempt, imagine what they could do now that they're broken in and know what worked and what didn't.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Girl Interrupted wrote:You brought up a good point there, Krist. That's something that's left me wondering too. Though when Alex does finally meet up again with Elle he does make an attempt to ask her what happened, but Elle cuts him off in a panic about her mom and how she is "gone". The fact that she didn't appear to be injured probably helped Alex forget about it for at least the rest of the game. Though this doesn't explain why there was a decent amount of blood on the floor. Maybe she injured the monster that she came across before she took off running from it.

I'm starting to believe that the Hospital ending is the real ending though. It makes the most sense out of them all and leaves you with fewer questions. Basically Alex was dreaming the whole thing up. He is delusional after all.

In his journal Alex talks about having these weird dreams that are basically similar to the one we play in the beginning of Homecoming. If I remember correctly, Alex also wrote that the more medicine they would give him, the worse these nightmares about Josh would get. This probably correlates with the notes that we find in the game about the nurses upping the dose for a certain pacient (Alex).

There's a few notes about how a patient wasn't getting along with others and was nonresponsive and delusional... All these notes were possibly referring to Alex. There's also a letter that you find, during the dream sequence, where a patient describes how he sees these demon/monsters and explains how none of the doctors believe him. Again this is probably Alex's own note to himself.

Alex's journal simply ends with how he's going to make his great escape. What the player doesn't know is that during his big escape he could have been caught and sedated, leading to his big dream of Shepherd’s Glen and Silent Hill.

Didn't anyone else notice how the doctor, during the Hospital ending, sounded almost identical to Wheeler? My thought is that Alex spent a lot of time with this doctor, giving Alex the impression that he was on his side and wanted to help. This could have lead to Alex dreaming up officer Wheeler, a guy who helped him through the whole Homecoming ordeal.

Looky!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZX0Uu0Tn8
I thought it was possible that Elle got away, too, but upon hearing the scream she makes it sounds rather.. brutal. I mean, a scream is no sure indication of instant death, yes, but it definitely didn't sound too good, either. Plus the blood trail moves from the puddle with her walkie-talkie to a ladder leading out of the sewers, presumably where she escaped.

Maybe she's got a stash of Ampoules and didn't want to share with Alex 8|

cosign to everything else you said, by the way.

ETA on Jan 3rd: I didn't see this mentioned but er, has anyone else noticed to article about Alex's accident in the courthouse at the start of the game? I don't remember what it says specifically, but I know it disappears if you try to read it later in the game. If I have time today I'll load up the game and type it up myself--or look for someone else who posted it lol.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

What should have been a normal school run home turned into tragedy last week when a freak thunderstorm washed a school bus into the raging torrent of the Toluca River. The normally placid river, swollen by nearly a week of record-breaking rainfall, was running almost 15ft higher than normal.

Mark Ward, the conscientious school bus driver for Toluca County, was unprepared for what he found when entering River View Road that runs parallel with the river. The fast moving water eroded the soil underneath the asphalt, leaving it unsupported.

The road suddenly collapsed as the bus pitched into the roaring river below. Carried along a white water ride for a 1/4 of a mile, amongst the screams of the petrified children, the bus became lodged under the aptly named Hope Bridge.

Doctor Martin Fitch MD had just finished a house call and was on his way back to the office, following directly behind the school bus when the road gave way.

Managing to stop in time Doctor Fitch got out of his car, braving the downpour, and ran alongside the river for 1/4 of a mile when the bus finally became jammed under the bridge.

Without a thought for his own personal safety, Doctor Fitch jumped into the river and swam towards the bus. After breaking the rear window, he climbed inside to assess the situation.

Inside he found a terrible scene. The driver, trapped by his safety-belt, had been killed when the front of the bus flooded.

All of the 2nd and 3rd Grade Students survived without major injury, but appeared severely frightened by the events.

The children were evacuated to the nearby Alchemilla Hospital in Silent Hill to recuperate after their ordeal.

During the evacuation, the situation took another terrifying turn. His leg trapped by the partially crumpled front of the vehicle, brave 8-year-old Alex Shepherd was unable to move.

Doctor Fitch knew that if Alex didn't drown, the cold waters of the Toluca River would put him into cold shock as his core temperature plummeted and he succumbed to hypothermia.

Time was critical. The Doctor quickly stripped off his shirt; taking a hold of the boy, he wrapped his arms as tightly as he could around him, and then waited for the rescue crews to reach them.

The heat and warmth of the doctor's body may well have been the only thing that saved Alex's life that day. It took the fire crews nearly 4 hours to finally free Alex from the wreckage of the school bus. During the entire time he was trapped in the bus, Doctor Fitch never left his side.

For his feat of bravery the City council gave their highest award to Doctor Fitch, along with the Key to the City.

Though tragedy struck for Martin Ward; the potential loss of all those children was averted by the selfless act of one man, Dr. Martin Fitch MD.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.