How did Alex get out?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

How did Alex get out?

Post by aj4x94 »

After reading Alex's journal on the official website, I started wondering whether Alex broke out of the hospital, or if he was actually discharged. I know that Alex's military career was just his imagination, but at the end of the journal, he wrote about breaking out, and the plans on hitching a ride on the highway, which makes the ride to back to Shepherd's Glen seem more believable. I know the journals might not be canon, but its really got me wondering..........
ValTanner
Just Passing Through

Post by ValTanner »

I always assumed he just broke out of the hospital. It just makes more sense. It's true that journals can't always be canon because in some instances (like in RE for example, Jill's diary messes up some of the details the game lays right in your face, mostly with the epilogues and such). Course, whether he was discharged or he flew the coup, he would have to hitchhike with Travis to get home, so... I guess it's based on fan speculation.
The hate I hate believing...
I never saw it coming...
You have your orders, soldier...
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

I believe Alex broke out (my post in Regarding Alex's Badassery kind of goes into my theories, based off the journal, a little more).
So far I have yet to find anything in his journal that contradicts what happens in the game, so I'm sticking with it.
Droo

Post by Droo »

He broke out of Alchemilla, hightailed it to the highway on foot, and got picked up by Travis Grady. What Grady is still doing driving trucks near Silent Hill, I don't know.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, Shepherd's Glen isn't Silent Hill, so it's fair game. :3
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

Travis also could have decided to keep an eye on the town just in case shit hits the fan again. as far as breaking out goes I like to believe he did but I can also accept it if he does not and the hospital ending is the real ending.
Droo

Post by Droo »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, Shepherd's Glen isn't Silent Hill, so it's fair game. :3
Yes, but Alex was likely picked up just outside Silent Hill. He broke out of Alchemilla, remember.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

Alchemilla has terrible security, apparently.
Empyrean wrote:Travis also could have decided to keep an eye on the town just in case shit hits the fan again.
That's kind of a silly theory, because shit did hit the fan and Travis did nothing about it.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

[quote="Hannah"]Alchemilla has terrible security, apparently.

Remember, its not really a military hospital as Alex believed in his mind; its a mental hospital. No need to worry about guards with rifles, just orderlies with sedatives. By the way, would you guys consider the journals on the official website canon? I haven't seen anything that wouldn't make it contradictory to the actual story, so I would say yes.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>its a mental hospital.
I wonder about that. As much as the town has changed in 30+ years, I find it unusual that the city would convert their primary general hospital into what is strictly for the "mentally insane." Additionally, in 2007, the term "mentally insane" seems a bit too politically incorrect. I imagine that the indicator on the map is just Alex's delusion, thinking subconsciously that he's mistakenly been put there—thus his qualifier for having to escape (in addition to Josh).

>would you guys consider the journals on the official website canon?
Yes, they are canonical.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

One more thing MMY, I don't recall Alchemilla Hospital being the mental institute. I thought that was Brookhaven, so shouldn't Alex been sent there instead of Alchemilla? Please tell me if I missed something.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Brookhaven Hospital isn't entirely a mental institute. The first floor was used for general treatment; the second and third were for mentally unstable patients.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Droo wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Well, Shepherd's Glen isn't Silent Hill, so it's fair game. :3
Yes, but Alex was likely picked up just outside Silent Hill. He broke out of Alchemilla, remember.
It probably doesn't ultimately matter. Travis conquered it, and probably realizes he has nothing left to fear since Alessa let him go safely.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
henrytownshend21
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by henrytownshend21 »

or maybe Travis plainly dosent see it because he never lived in the town

Judge Holloway says: To Protect the people of Shepards Glen" Last time I checked Travis dosent live in Shepards Glen or Silent Hill.
[img]http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/jewjew911/henrytownshend21-1-1.gif[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, I figured it was obvious only people who lived in Shepard's Glen weren't affected.
Phantom Allure

Post by Phantom Allure »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Droo wrote:
It probably doesn't ultimately matter. Travis conquered it, and probably realizes he has nothing left to fear since Alessa let him go safely.
I thought you believed it wasn't Alessa's will alone that allowed him to leave?
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't, but that doesn't necessarily reflect what Travis himself thinks. For all he knows, everything that happened is 100% Alessa's responsibility, similar to what Harry thought. I mean, how many characters actually know that the Otherworld was always there with Alessa just subtly manipulating it, as opposed to thinking Alessa's powers actually created a new universe?
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Does anyone remember the memos found in the opening stage discussing a certain patient? Apparently there was some type of confrontation before this patient escaped. I'm assuming this is Alex. If so, who came to visit him?
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

Alex was in a mental hospital only not a maximum security penetentiary. He even says in one of the journal pages that he over the time he spent there got to learn the area and found a way that he could sneak out and make it to the highway. That's exactly what he did.
musician89
Just Passing Through

Post by musician89 »

Isn't Cedar Grove Sanitarium considered to be the primary mental hospital of Silent Hill?
Music is life