Curtis the clock man.

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

the drill scene was bad. mostly because judge holloway starts to drill Alex' right leg, just to appear at his left leg after the cut scene went into the action sequence.
there's comfort in silence
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Exactly what is this place? Where they strap up people and torture them?
This entire part of the story is badly written.
I believe it has something to do with persuading people to join the Order, though I could be wrong. You know, "Join the Order or Imma fuck you up!"

Which is another reason why I think Curtis is in the game. I'm under the belief that it's his job to bring people over to the Order.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

These catacombs directly lead into the two Rooms which have been used by Shepherd's Glen's (<- is that correct?) Sect. It's where we find Fitch's papers and finally the four altars inscribed with the names of the sacrifices.

So it wasn't planned to be used for what Holloway and the "revived" Order of Silent Hill do now. Curtis is like the guy for the dirty work.
there's comfort in silence
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

But because I'm constantly contradicting myself on this subject, it makes me wonder: Why have Curtis at all in the game just for this scene? When they could of just used a random Order member.
So with that logic couldn't Curtis have more of a porpoise than just being a crazy masochist?
Well, I don't know about you, but Curtis set me off from the first meet, and wasn't surprised by his later role. In my opinion, using Curtis instead of a faceless cult member emphasizes how Holloway is basically using her religion to justify her revenge to a sickening manner, even if she has to hire what's basically a random thug to do so.

On the subject of the facility Holloway is torturing bitches in: Come on, they establishes orphanages and water prisons for the sake of torturing children. This is unusual to you?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

*kicks topic in the face* WHUT.

*cough* Now, I was curious about some things Curtis said/did. Spoilers are coming. :wink: But not really. I'll just disguise them. ;D or not. u_u

When you first meet him, if you select certain options, he says: "Take a good hard look around. You'll find where you need to go."

And when you meet him in the elevator he says: "But now I have direction....clarity."

I can't remember how many years Alex spent away, but I'll take 3. it's not right, so please correct me on it. =)

So we pretend Alex spent 3 years in the 'army' and returned. So Shepherd's Glen began falling into darkness 3 years ago? When did Holloway revive the Order? If she did it then, it's safe to assume Curtis joined and was helping her. So he's been in on it for let's say...2 years okay? (Since maybe it was a year before he converted)
Why did he tell Alex he found direction 'now'? I read a post that said Curtis might've been some sort of 'gate keeper' or something since there's a mine outside his junkyard. If that's the case, he's been helping for awhile. Especially since he's one of the only people left in the town. Was he then helping with the kidnapping and hanging around to see if any other folk were around?

Sorry, but my Homecoming info is rusty, maybe someone can clear my nonsense up. =/

Somehow, Curtis doesn't feel 'random'. There's something way off about that guy. And I really feel like he was toying with Alex when he gave him that gun. As if he was humoring him. :(

And I have to admit, Curtis' scene with Elle, when Alex runs in, he charges at Alex with the circular but somehow that whole thing felt too forced. I don't think Curtis' is that type of a guy. He seems to enjoy messing with people. I pictured him to mess around with Alex by threatening Elle more. Also, he's observant and maybe...obsessive? (the vibe I'm getting). He noticed Alex's dogtags through his order disguise. I know it might be easy to spot, but the fact that he knew it was ALEX'S DOGTAGS is what creeped me out. Or maybe Alex was the only one to wear dogtags. Ever :P Okay, that's probably it anyway. >_>;
[color=pink]I know. [u]I know[/u].
There's [b]something[/b] I've forgotten
Like [i]a time[/i], [i]a place[/i]...?
A [i][b]shattered memory[/b][/i].[/color]
[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ScarletMetal/Dahliabedcopy.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I can't remember how many years Alex spent away, but I'll take 3.
Alex was hospitalized for 4 years, shortly after Joshua's death.

>the fact that he knew it was ALEX'S DOGTAGS is what creeped me out.
Technically the dog tags are Alex's father's, Adam.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

Thank you for clearing that up! :mrgreen: It's been bugging me!

That dogtag part makes so much sens it almost hurts. Since Curtis knows Adam quite well apparently, it makes sense he'd recognize Adam's dogtags. *hits self on head*

It's always the little details that just wrap things up. :roll:
[color=pink]I know. [u]I know[/u].
There's [b]something[/b] I've forgotten
Like [i]a time[/i], [i]a place[/i]...?
A [i][b]shattered memory[/b][/i].[/color]
[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/ScarletMetal/Dahliabedcopy.jpg[/img]
Joaobessie
Just Passing Through

Post by Joaobessie »

put_here_2_feel_joy wrote:The necklace only has a regular christian cross pendant and that has no ties to the cult. Now, the only thing that I was curious about was how Curtis knew that it was Alex in the miner's uniform. Maybe Curtis was on his way down the elevator to go and get his uniform and figured it must have been him.
I think it was because of his dog tags... If my memory serves me correctly they pop up from his suit. I personally think that was one of the best cut scenes in Homecoming
IN MY RESTLESS DREAMS I SEE THAT TOWN, SILENT HILL
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

Yeah, I loved that scene in the elevator too, there's something creepy about it.
For some reason, I'd like Alex to kill Curtis in that particular scene, like his breathing becomes heavier and he stabs him with the knife or something like that, like consumed by anger because he knows Curtis is one of them and will try to stop him...

I think the character had potential, unfortunately it was not well developed.
nanook in heaven...