Curtis the clock man.

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Curtis the clock man.

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

*I have beaten Homecoming*

What is up with Curtis? He is the most random character in the game, you're given very little information about him and you only see him for a very short time in the beginning of the game, and a bit more at the end.

So I want to know what's your thoughts on him?

Discuss.

ps: In the beginning of the game theirs a note in Lillian's sewing room that reads something along the lines of "Call Curtis to fix the machine."
. . . What's the machine?
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Alex's mother was the sewing queen! She even made clothes for other people in town. So I'd imagine once the sewing machine broke she thought of Curtis. You have to think, SG is such a small town. Everyone knows everyone. Curtis is obviously the handyman of the town, and everyone else knows that.

He even says it himself at one point. Fixing things is his one gift. That's also why he invests so much time in attempting to fix the clocks of SG. I'd also imagine he was quite frustrated for there was nothing he could've done to make them work again. At least not until Alex came to terms with what he did to Josh, though I doubt Curtis knew that.
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

Curtis is just another one of the members of the order. I figured he was when I first saw him. He was wearing that necklace after all.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

^
Necklace?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Curtis probably wasn't involved in the Order until after we meet him the first time; I like to cite him as a possible source of a successful conversion on Holloway's part, as the failure of his gift in the Otherworld seems to have driven him mad.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

I was wondering, did any of you guys see an Order soldier carrying the circular saw during Lillian's kidnapping? I'm positive that guy is Curtis.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

^
I never took notice to that. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled next time I play. :D
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

I think he was involved with the order when we first met him. He was wearing the necklace after all.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I didn't notice a necklace, but even if so, he lives in Shepherd's Glen, so he probably belonged to the SG sect like everyone else.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Droo

Post by Droo »

He's not a member of the four founders, but I believe he has been involved with the Holy Way Order for some time.

There is a mine near Curtis' shop. Alex comments on how it's not safe and refuses to go in. Now, we know that the Holy Way Church's underground torture chambers are also connected to an underground mine. I wonder if the mine near Curtis' place might connect to the chambers as well, effectively creating a secret route the SG Holy Way members can get to the church and chambers without going overground. If so, Curtis could be a gatekeeper of sorts for this pathway.

Either way, I don't see him going from not knowing about the cult in the first place, and then within a few hours being a torturer/executioner for them, running around wielding a circular saw. That would be too jarring and abrupt a character change. No one goes THAT crazy THAT fast.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

The necklace only has a regular christian cross pendant and that has no ties to the cult. Now, the only thing that I was curious about was how Curtis knew that it was Alex in the miner's uniform. Maybe Curtis was on his way down the elevator to go and get his uniform and figured it must have been him.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Well, he looked pretty authoritative and indipendant. Probably the reason why he lived womewhere outside the map. Or maybe that was his cover so that the Sheriff wouldn't get suspicious.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Droo wrote:He's not a member of the four founders, but I believe he has been involved with the Holy Way Order for some time.

There is a mine near Curtis' shop. Alex comments on how it's not safe and refuses to go in. Now, we know that the Holy Way Church's underground torture chambers are also connected to an underground mine. I wonder if the mine near Curtis' place might connect to the chambers as well, effectively creating a secret route the SG Holy Way members can get to the church and chambers without going overground. If so, Curtis could be a gatekeeper of sorts for this pathway.

Either way, I don't see him going from not knowing about the cult in the first place, and then within a few hours being a torturer/executioner for them, running around wielding a circular saw. That would be too jarring and abrupt a character change. No one goes THAT crazy THAT fast.
There's a mine? Can you tell me where it is, because I've never heard of it.
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

It's right there by the tiny roofed bridge leading to Curtis' junkyard.
Salem
Just Passing Through

Post by Salem »

Well, he could just be depraved and doing the torture/murder for fun.
"Salem, you are wrong. You are wrong because you are seeing it from a different point of view."- Someone on another forum.

But yeah... that pretty much sums me up.
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

Well when you saw him in that torture part he seemed to be really enjoying what was going on since he did not chop up Elle right away but played with her allowing you the time to get in there.
Wangman
Just Passing Through

Post by Wangman »

Mantorok wrote:Curtis is just another one of the members of the order. I figured he was when I first saw him. He was wearing that necklace after all.
Heh? What necklace? I never noticed any Order members wearing a necklace.

Also, the note left by Lillian said "Adam - Please tell Curtis to fix the engine." I beleive it may have been a reference to their (non existant?) car. Didn't seem overly important to me.

Anyway, Curtis seemed to me to have been a long time member of the Order. He also came off to me as being massively insane when you first meet him. Shifty, wide eyes, his hostile way of speaking...during the first convo with him I half expected him to just randomly smack Alex for no reason. The way he tortured Elle adds to this.

Only flaw in my idea is...why the hell did he help Alex by giving him a gun? Unless he really is crazy enough to beleive in the whole fair trade thing.

Also, I thought the thing that gave Alex away in his costume was the fact that the neck and chest area of the suit had fresh looking blood splattered all over them.
Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

I thought the dog tags Alex wore gave him away.
Myre
Just Passing Through

Post by Myre »

Yeah, actually put them both together. The dog tags give him away because the bloody gash in the uniform is exposing them. A small thing, but at least it shows that Alex isn't so stupid that he put the dog tags on outside of the uniform on purpose.
DeadShadow

Post by DeadShadow »

I was hoping to get that Shotgun on his Counter but I guess he didn't want to give that away..
I also had fun fighting him at the Torture Chamber.. The Knife was best used for it because he wouldn't even get a Scratch on me..